Mets fans?

Another Fan

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Ha! I'm following at work. Nothing like seeing that 4 flip to an 8 in the box score! Just as good, deGrom got out of a bases loaded nobody out jam the inning before. And I think Trea Turner was ejected.

That he was for arguing with the call. 

17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Ha! I'm following at work. Nothing like seeing that 4 flip to an 8 in the box score! Just as good, deGrom got out of a bases loaded nobody out jam the inning before. And I think Trea Turner was ejected.

And he had 2 bags full before the beef came up ,his 4 pitch walk to Harper was the right thing to do..

41 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Keith said they should have pulled a left arm out of the pen to face Bruce...

I was just as surprised as him. 

How bout our Metsies fellas??? 5-1 to start the season and kicked the teeth in on the Nats on their opener? Wow! Way way early but things are clicking. 

And who is this Robles guy?? 

LGM!

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

I was just as surprised as him. 

How bout our Metsies fellas??? 5-1 to start the season and kicked the teeth in on the Nats on their opener? Wow! Way way early but things are clicking. 

And who is this Robles guy?? 

LGM!

The cowards way out for Saturday would be a snow out...but the warrior in me says..Matz toe to toe with gonzales..we cannot get by without our #3 producing.He needs to be challenged..

5 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

That he was for arguing with the call. 

I saw a replay of the called strike, looked like a pretty bad call.  And I heard Bruce had a call go his way before the slam, although I didn't see it.

Fine line between winning and losing....even in an 8-2 game.

Lets Go Mets!

43 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I saw a replay of the called strike, looked like a pretty bad call.  And I heard Bruce had a call go his way before the slam, although I didn't see it.

Fine line between winning and losing....even in an 8-2 game.

Lets Go Mets!

Bad calls went both ways.  Ump was consistently horrible.

My only question is why the hell is Callaway playing Reyes over Rosario?  We're six games in with six different lineups.  If nothing else, Rosario should be an every day player.

Just now, Gugny said:

My only question is why the hell is Callaway playing Reyes over Rosario?  We're six games in with six different lineups.  If nothing else, Rosario should be an every day player.

I saw a post game where they were questioning Reyes over Rosario, especially after Rosario had the big hit a day before. One of the talking heads said that Callaway will be  playing the whole roster.  

Reminded me of Bobby V.  I can remember going to Shea a few times and me and my friends complaining that he was starting Lenny 'Effin' Harris. And then Lenny would go out and have a big day. Not that Reyes had a big day, I heard he was awful. Anyway, my point is that Bobby kept the bench fresh by giving them starts regularly even at the occasional expense of the starter and what the fans wanted.  A lot probably goes into picking and choosing when to sit the starter. Today it may have been because Strasburg was starting.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I saw a post game where they were questioning Reyes over Rosario, especially after Rosario had the big hit a day before. One of the talking heads said that Callaway will be  playing the whole roster.  

Reminded me of Bobby V.  I can remember going to Shea a few times and me and my friends complaining that he was starting Lenny 'Effin' Harris. And then Lenny would go out and have a big day. Not that Reyes had a big day, I heard he was awful. Anyway, my point is that Bobby kept the bench fresh by giving them starts regularly even at the occasional expense of the starter and what the fans wanted.  A lot probably goes into picking and choosing when to sit the starter. Today it may have been because Strasburg was starting.

Too many analytics.  Guys can't get hot if they don't play every day.  But, hell ... we're winning, so I'll keep my  mouth shut, LOL!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Too many analytics.  Guys can't get hot if they don't play every day.  But, hell ... we're winning, so I'll keep my  mouth shut, LOL!

I'm with ya on the analytics. Bobby V had a great line about statistics: "They confirm what I see with my eyes". Things have changed a lot since then and I am slow to come around. 

You know what really sucks? No game tomorrow.

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Freshness is the only thing I can think of...do we have a starting catcher,for example? I do know this..Frazier is becoming a weak link early.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Freshness is the only thing I can think of...do we have a starting catcher,for example? I do know this..Frazier is becoming a weak link early.

As long as Frazier plays solid D and hits 25 HR and hits .225 this season, he'll have done his part.  I think he's there for his 3B play and for his locker room presence.

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Lenny was an unsung hero on those Valentine teams

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

He was terrible. That call Turner got tossed for was pretty egregious, but I loved it.

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see Bruce at first against RHP and Wilmer against LHP. Nimmo is much more athletic in the outfield and his OBP needs to stay in the lineup. The kid just keeps getting on base. I don't want to see him on the bench...

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

As long as Frazier plays solid D and hits 25 HR and hits .225 this season, he'll have done his part.  I think he's there for his 3B play and for his locker room presence.

He'll be good for 75 RBI too if healthy. He's a 2-3 win player. You could do much worse. I liked that signing.

• Like (+1) 1

I know this isn't Mets, but I don't think this is thread worthy and from what I can tell the folks that frequent this thread might appreciate this. 99 year old man who has been ushering Pirates games since 1936 retires:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23055073/pittsburgh-pirates-99-year-old-usher-phil-coyne-retires-81-seasons

In an effort to bring this back to the Mets, a number of years ago an usher brought me and my friends to box seats at Shea. He was an old timer with an obvious love for the game. We got there early and as he was seating others and then as the game went on he came at us with two outstanding trivia questions (the answers have changed for both)

1) Name the only player at each position (3 outfielders, but not distinguished by RF, CF. LF) who won back to back MVP awards.

2) By last name, who has the most home runs for each letter in the alphabet.

If anyone is really interested in either of the  two trivia questions let me know and I'll start a thread...I know most of #1 off the top of my head and have #2 scribbled down somewhere but like I said, they both changed. 

28 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

He'll be good for 75 RBI too if healthy. He's a 2-3 win player. You could do much worse. I liked that signing.

Best part of that signing for me was the acknowledgement by the organization that Wright is done.  They should've done that a year or so ago.

At the same time I have the utmost respect for Wright and no problem whatsoever with him trying to come back.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Best part of that signing for me was the acknowledgement by the organization that Wright is done.  They should've done that a year or so ago.

At the same time I have the utmost respect for Wright and no problem whatsoever with him trying to come back.

He should have been traded 5-7 years ago and he should have been benched 3 years ago, in my humble opinion.