Mets fans?

Another Fan

26 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Within the division would be tough, but I know Realmuto wants out pretty badly like you said. Jeter wants to run a poverty franchise for some reason... He has 2 more years of arbitration I believe. Sandy might go for that...

And he's succeeding. Yesterday their Double-A team (the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp!!!!) outdrew the Marlins attendance-wise.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23134000/miami-marlins-outdrawn-double-affiliate-jacksonville-jumbo-shrimp-wednesday-games

If it's me, I'm planning on riding Plawecki and giving the rookie spot starts for awhile. Usually not much goes on trade-wise until the summer. Oh yeah, keeping my fingers crossed until then too!

5 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

So when’s the last time the Bills AND Mets made the playoffs in the same season? 99? Mets made the WC aka Ventura’s GS single and Music City Miracle ?

Nice memory of the GS single, hadn't thought of that for awhile. That was before my kids time. Tomorrow they will know, so thanks for that Tier!

LAMP ALERT: read on at your own discretion:

Tomorrow is opening day for my youngest sons Little League Team. He is an above average ballplayer but with an off the charts love of playing and the game. He got hurt in practice the night before last and can't play tomorrow. He is crushed. Me too. Because there's is nothing better than watching him play and seeing his love for the game. 

Not sure how if it will work out but my plan is to have him coach first for an inning tomorrow.

Turning off the LAMP now.

11-1!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Nice memory of the GS single, hadn't thought of that for awhile. That was before my kids time. Tomorrow they will know, so thanks for that Tier!

Tomorrow is opening day for my youngest sons Little League Team. He is an above average ballplayer but with an off the charts love of playing and the game. He got hurt in practice the night before last and can't play tomorrow. He is crushed. Me too. Because there's is nothing better than watching him play and seeing his love for the game. 

Not sure how if it will work out but my plan is to have him coach first for an inning tomorrow.

11-1!!!!!!!!!!

Of course,let him coach first for a inning or even longer.Just don't put any pressure on him..let him enjoy a different view of the game...great idea imo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

11-1!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your boy. I hope he can rejoin the team soon? Please keep us updated as I love hearing things like that! 

LGM!!!!!!

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

11-1!!!!!!!!!!

As a dad, I don't find many things more satisfying than watching my son enjoying his passion (your son's is baseball; mine is guitar).  

He'll be back at it before he knows it!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Sorry to hear about your boy. I hope he can rejoin the team soon? Please keep us updated as I love hearing things like that! 

LGM!!!!!!

No worries with my son, but thanks. He took a ball off the knee at practice on Wednesday and couldn't walk that night, but just a bruise.  He'll play next Wednesday. He did the scorebook today...with his teammate who sat out due to a slight concussion (not baseball-related)

I don't want to hijack this thread with LAMP stuff but I think you guys will like this. Beautiful weather for opening day today. Sunny, mid 70's, tomorrow a high of 40 so go figure. A lot of Mets fans on the team and they were doing the pepper shaker thing! They won 3-1. 

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

As a dad, I don't find many things more satisfying than watching my son enjoying his passion (your son's is baseball; mine is guitar).  

He'll be back at it before he knows it!

100% on the dad/son passion. I know you're a big music guy and I loved your post awhile back about seeing hard core metal bands with your son.  

Well I suppose they had to lose sometime.  One of the announcers said Harvey set a dubious Met record in he's gone 11 straight starts without getting past the 5th inning.  

You sort of figure 90-72 should get you at least the Wildcard.  79-70 isn't crazy at this point to think about the rest of the way, it's maintaing .500 ball with one hot streak 

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

No worries with my son, but thanks. He took a ball off the knee at practice on Wednesday and couldn't walk that night, but just a bruise.  He'll play next Wednesday. He did the scorebook today...with his teammate who sat out due to a slight concussion (not baseball-related)

I don't want to hijack this thread with LAMP stuff but I think you guys will like this. Beautiful weather for opening day today. Sunny, mid 70's, tomorrow a high of 40 so go figure. A lot of Mets fans on the team and they were doing the pepper shaker thing! They won 3-1. 

100% on the dad/son passion. I know you're a big music guy and I loved your post awhile back about seeing hard core metal bands with your son.  

Stop with the LAMP....I told you fellas about my father in law...it's life..we share things.We have a great group in here..if we need to share something..we should be able to do it in comfort.No worries!

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Well I suppose they had to lose sometime.  One of the announcers said Harvey set a dubious Met record in he's gone 11 straight starts without getting past the 5th inning.  

You sort of figure 90-72 should get you at least the Wildcard.  79-70 isn't crazy at this point to think about the rest of the way, it's maintaing .500 ball with one hot streak 

Screw that!  I am DONE with this team!!!!  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Harvey once again could not make it past the 5th. Would it matter even if he did make it to the 6th? He was piss poor again. Only pitching in MLB not to make it PAST the 5th in his last 10 consecutive starts.  They are going to have to make a decision with him and soon. Varags is on the way back soon and Wheeler turned a lot of heads last week in Miami.  Maybe he can go to the pen? What I do know is he is not helping this team every 5th day. 

18 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Harvey once again could not make it past the 5th. Would it matter even if he did make it to the 6th? He was piss poor again. Only pitching in MLB not to make it PAST the 5th in his last 10 consecutive starts.  They are going to have to make a decision with him and soon. Varags is on the way back soon and Wheeler turned a lot of heads last week in Miami.  Maybe he can go to the pen? What I do know is he is not helping this team every 5th day. 

I think .. once Vargas comes back .. they should try Harvey out of the pen.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Holy ****, what a game.  That's my kind of losing streak!!!

The beat goes on...but the question of the day is when will Mick sit Cespedes? His 3 hits in the series prior to today kept him in today's line-up imo.I highly doubt he will play every game of the Nats series.The pitching match up is in our favor tomorrow night but Wednesday night might be the better night off cause it's a travel night ? That dang flu big isn't leaving him and the weather isn't helping matters.

• Like (+1) 1