Mets fans?

Another Fan

7 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

We need to get a catcher...very soon.

I said the same thing to one of my buddies last night.  Enough is enough.  A single against the Mets = a double.

The Mets are still solid as long as the starters stay healthy.

These losses hurt, mostly, because of who the opponent is and because Monday's game was one that got away.

I still think we're the best team in the division, when it's all said and done.

Crisis averted.

Still concerns about how Calloway handles the bullpen, pitchers/catchers getting run on at will and I'd like to see the corner outfielders start hitting HR's but I certainly didn't expect a 13-4 start. First extended road trip on tap, hopefully they won't need the head socks again until playoff time.

And on a personal note, my son was pumped to get back on the field tonight. 9-4 win, team is off to a 2-0 start and he had a solid game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Crisis averted.

Still concerns about how Calloway handles the bullpen, pitchers/catchers getting run on at will and I'd like to see the corner outfielders start hitting HR's but I certainly didn't expect a 13-4 start. First extended road trip on tap, hopefully they won't need the head socks again until playoff time.

And on a personal note, my son was pumped to get back on the field tonight. 9-4 win, team is off to a 2-0 start and he had a solid game. 

Happy for your nug! As far as the 4 game series is concerned,I would like to see Mick stick with the same line up in Atlanta ..I don't want Reyes starting at short for a game...putting Wilmer in at first on Saturday night night not be a bad idea? No changes in the OF even with Bruce looking lost...catcher is still a question mark...do you go three straight with Lobaton until Sunday afternoon.We can't blow this series against a very sub par team....PIX game on Saturday night..so I will watch a drama,fake tear,lovie -dovie Hollywood produced flick with my bride..I can't be married to Mets baseball 7 days a week...I'm cool with that.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Happy for your nug! As far as the 4 game series is concerned,I would like to see Mick stick with the same line up in Atlanta ..I don't want Reyes starting at short for a game...putting Wilmer in at first on Saturday night night not be a bad idea? No changes in the OF even with Bruce looking lost...catcher is still a question mark...do you go three straight with Lobaton until Sunday afternoon.We can't blow this series against a very sub par team....PIX game on Saturday night..so I will watch a drama,fake tear,lovie -dovie Hollywood produced flick with my bride..I can't be married to Mets baseball 7 days a week...I'm cool with that.

Mine tolerates it pretty well luckily. I introduced the concept about 2 weeks into the relationship though haha. I said "I reserve the right to watch the Mets up to 6 times a week. I can't be 'fixed' lol". I bought a 46" Sammy for the bedroom, and a huge tablet for her as well if she wants to occupy the living room as well. I explained all the major sports schedules, as well as my relationship to MLB the show on PS4.

It's all balance though, you're right. I try to sneak in a rom com once a week if I can stomach it...

Reyes can't be in the lineup right now, I agree. He brings literally nothing to the table. Bruce will look lost precisely until he goes on a 3 week tear.

Edited by SmokinES3

I was listening to the pre-game on WOR whilst driving home.  Lagares, very professionally, voiced his displeasure about not being in the lineup consistently.  The guy was hitting .385 going into last night's game.  I get that the outfield is crowded, but you gotta play guys when they're hot, in my opinion.

I can accept Lagares being platooned.  But there is no way in hell that Conforto and Rosario should not be playing a minimum of 150 games this year.

I hate complaining about a team who's off to such a great start (knock on wood), but I worry about the long-term effects of these daily roster changes.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was listening to the pre-game on WOR whilst driving home.  Lagares, very professionally, voiced his displeasure about not being in the lineup consistently.  The guy was hitting .385 going into last night's game.  I get that the outfield is crowded, but you gotta play guys when they're hot, in my opinion.

I can accept Lagares being platooned.  But there is no way in hell that Conforto and Rosario should not be playing a minimum of 150 games this year.

I hate complaining about a team who's off to such a great start (knock on wood), but I worry about the long-term effects of these daily roster changes.

IMO, Lagares should get spot starts in center against lefties (not a platoon). in which case Conforto slides to RF or gets a day off. I don't have e strict number of games in mind, but slumps notwithstanding Conforto and Rosario should get the vast majority of playing time over the course of the year. I really like Lagares but injuries and lack of development at the plate have put hm where he is.

I actually think Reyes should be given a start against the Braves...although it could be at 2B. SS for 3B. As long as he's on the roster we need to get him going and that ain't happening from the bench. We shouldn't be scared to sit a starter once in a while, it's actually a good thing over the long haul. Now if you want to move on from Reyes that's a different story, but it better be an upgrade and a guy that won't get a lot of playing time.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

IMO, Lagares should get spot starts in center against lefties (not a platoon). in which case Conforto slides to RF or gets a day off. I don't have e strict number of games in mind, but slumps notwithstanding Conforto and Rosario should get the vast majority of playing time over the course of the year. I really like Lagares but injuries and lack of development at the plate have put hm where he is.

I actually think Reyes should be given a start against the Braves...although it could be at 2B. SS for 3B. As long as he's on the roster we need to get him going and that ain't happening from the bench. We shouldn't be scared to sit a starter once in a while, it's actually a good thing over the long haul. Now if you want to move on from Reyes that's a different story, but it better be an upgrade and a guy that won't get a lot of playing time.

Philip Evans could be that guy already in the organization.

4 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Philip Evans could be that guy already in the organization.

I was thinking about him as well. Good call. 

Great win last night!

10 game road trip starts tonight 

in Atlanta for 4

STL for 3 

SD for 3

I would love a 6-4 (or better) trip myself! More Nimmo pleeeeeeeeeeease!!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wisler's first career start tonight. Let's get to him early..I'm anticipating a action packed,high scoring game..so look for a 3-2 final.

Enjoy the game.  I'm effin' done with these bums.

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Enjoy the game.  I'm effin' done with these bums.

This is a playoff team...look at the matchups..we should be able to take three out of four..was it,the late,Earl Weaver that said "winning in April is like winning in September"? This team is loaded in areas..especially the OF.Lags,at this point would be a day in and day out starter on 75 % of teams. We have "good" problems right now.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

This is a playoff team...look at the matchups..we should be able to take three out of four..was it,the late,Earl Weaver that said "winning in April is like winning in September"? This team is loaded in areas..especially the OF.Lags,at this point would be a day in and day out starter on 75 % of teams. We have "good" problems right now.

I was joking, man!  I NEVER give up on the Metropolitans!

Here's a name I haven't heard in awhile: Jordanny Valdespin. The Long Island Ducks are  a local Independent League team that attracts former Major Leaguers every year and apparently this year they have quite a few including Jordanny:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/local/ducks/ducks-roster-loaded-with-ex-major-leaguers-1.18158260

Also, Bud Harrelson been involved with the Ducks from the start. Pretty sure he was manager the first few years, now he's a part owner., not sure if that goes all the way back.

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wow.  Matt Harvey sucks, eh?

When the hell is Vargas coming back?  I don't even think Harvey can be a pen arm, at this point.

Braves crew said he hasn't finished 5 innings in 11 straight heading into last night, and they quipped he was well on his well to #12, and lamenting the sudden downfall of a great pitcher