Mets fans?

Another Fan

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Just my opinion..and it's a strong one.Why in the hell is our rookie manager talking about him to the media???? Harvey doesn't want the spotlight...the guy appears to be happy and well adjusted again.Mick needs to learn something..he's in New York now..not Cleveland.This is mistake number one by Calloway!

Bring on the strong opinions. I tend to be middle of the road, but I like the debate....except of course when everyone else is effin clueless :)

I hope you're wrong that "Harvey doesn't wan't the spotlight".  I'm probably getting greedy and unrealistic but I want the Dark Knight back. He was utterly dominant. I'm not looking for happy and well adjusted. 

As for Calloway not being in Cleveland...reasonable point. I'll file that away along with my pitching coach vs. manager concern.

• Like (+1) 1

Met fan here!! Nice to see some fellow Bills and Mets fans on this board. I do not post much, mainly in the OT site. I pick my spots.

My thoughts on the team (Even thought this ST has been pretty abysmal)

One of the best 1-2 in the NL with Noah and Jake.....however 3-5 in the rotation is wide open and can either be very solid or also very shaky.

Bullpen will definitely be very interesting. I'm not a huge Ramos guy setting up for a healthy Familia but I do think Swarzak was a good pickup, Blevins is always steady but who will be th other LOOGY? Purke? (meh), Matz if he does not make the rotation? Rhame? 

I am hearing Conforto is ahead of schedule and could return sometime in April, If so that is GREAT news!

Agon has looked like TRASH this ST but I bet he gets a sh*t ton of rope with Smith being hurt. Jay Bruce anyone? Nimmo has had a SENSATIONAL ST. Love what this kid brings to the table with is OBP, smiling, walks, he hits and is a decent OF'er. Lagares is still trash. Ces will be fine as will Bruce.

I have thuis team anywhere from 78 wins on the VERY low end to a realistic 83-85 wins. If they get any luck or some over performances from anyone, I think they can maybe.....maybe maybe maybe compete for the WC but I realistically see them at about 82 wins. 

Anyhow..just wanted to drop in and say hello.....LGM! And Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm watching SNY and they just popped up this quote from Mets pitching coach Dave Eiland:

“Don’t let hitters get comfortable. When you’re pitching, you have to be feared. There is one stat I hope we lead the league in, and that’s hit batters."

I think Syndegaard will get along very well with his new coach. What's more interesting to me is whether Eiland can turn around a guy like Robles. I thought Robles showed promise when he first came up, had a bit of an edge. Last year it looked like he was throwing BP. 

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm watching SNY and they just popped up this quote from Mets pitching coach Dave Eiland:

“Don’t let hitters get comfortable. When you’re pitching, you have to be feared. There is one stat I hope we lead the league in, and that’s hit batters."

I think Syndegaard will get along very well with his new coach. What's more interesting to me is whether Eiland can turn around a guy like Robles. I thought Robles showed promise when he first came up, had a bit of an edge. Last year it looked like he was throwing BP. 

Something NEVER done under the TC and Warthen era. Gas can Robles scares me. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Met fan here!! Nice to see some fellow Bills and Mets fans on this board. I do not post much, mainly in the OT site. I pick my spots.

My thoughts on the team (Even thought this ST has been pretty abysmal)

One of the best 1-2 in the NL with Noah and Jake.....however 3-5 in the rotation is wide open and can either be very solid or also very shaky.

Bullpen will definitely be very interesting. I'm not a huge Ramos guy setting up for a healthy Familia but I do think Swarzak was a good pickup, Blevins is always steady but who will be th other LOOGY? Purke? (meh), Matz if he does not make the rotation? Rhame? 

I am hearing Conforto is ahead of schedule and could return sometime in April, If so that is GREAT news!

Agon has looked like TRASH this ST but I bet he gets a sh*t ton of rope with Smith being hurt. Jay Bruce anyone? Nimmo has had a SENSATIONAL ST. Love what this kid brings to the table with is OBP, smiling, walks, he hits and is a decent OF'er. Lagares is still trash. Ces will be fine as will Bruce.

I have thuis team anywhere from 78 wins on the VERY low end to a realistic 83-85 wins. If they get any luck or some over performances from anyone, I think they can maybe.....maybe maybe maybe compete for the WC but I realistically see them at about 82 wins. 

Anyhow..just wanted to drop in and say hello.....LGM! And Bills!

Welcome to the thread!!  It'll be going all season, so keep coming by!

LGM and GO BILLS!

5 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Something NEVER done under the TC and Warthen era. Gas can Robles scares me. 

I loved TC.  But one of my few knocks on him was his refusal to retaliate in any way, shape or form.

I like a clean game.  But I also think there is such a thing as "the right time," for your team to get into a brawl.  Terry definitely did not share my philosophy!

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Welcome to the thread!!  It'll be going all season, so keep coming by!

LGM and GO BILLS!

I loved TC.  But one of my few knocks on him was his refusal to retaliate in any way, shape or form.

I like a clean game.  But I also think there is such a thing as "the right time," for your team to get into a brawl.  Terry definitely did not share my philosophy!

TC: Nice guy and they never quit under him. However I am glad he is gone and time for a yonger and fresher voice. Know how many times I used to see a young player go 3-4 and th next day be rotting on the bench? He loved his vets WAY to much for my liking. I am very excited for the Callaway era to commence.

Would be nice to win a ST game or two before the bell rings too!!! lol

Jake fans 8 in his second spring game.  Nice!

So it looks like Thor, Jake, Harvey, Vargas and ............. ??????????????  Matz or Wheeler. 

They've both struggled all spring.  Matz settled down after starting out like crap in his last start.  Maybe he's ready to turn a corner.  Right now, I'd feel more comfortable with Matz than Wheeler, but not by much.

I have a feeling that it won't take long for Adrian Gonzalez to peter out and we'll see Bruce playing first (which I am not really a fan of) and Nimmo out in right.  He's having a nice spring.  I think Dom Smith might be done before he started.  Bummer.

Can't wait for the games that count!

Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jake fans 8 in his second spring game.  Nice!

So it looks like Thor, Jake, Harvey, Vargas and ............. ??????????????  Matz or Wheeler. 

They've both struggled all spring.  Matz settled down after starting out like crap in his last start.  Maybe he's ready to turn a corner.  Right now, I'd feel more comfortable with Matz than Wheeler, but not by much.

I have a feeling that it won't take long for Adrian Gonzalez to peter out and we'll see Bruce playing first (which I am not really a fan of) and Nimmo out in right.  He's having a nice spring.  I think Dom Smith might be done before he started.  Bummer.

Can't wait for the games that count!

Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce played and adequate 1B last year while Callaway was in Cleveland and a handful of games with the Mets. I think he can handle it if need be and has said he has no problems doing so.

Matz to Vegas IMO. 

On 3/17/2018 at 1:21 PM, Tierlifer said:

Bruce played and adequate 1B last year while Callaway was in Cleveland and a handful of games with the Mets. I think he can handle it if need be and has said he has no problems doing so.

Matz to Vegas IMO. 

Actually Bruce only played part of one game at first for the Indians last year.Santana became ill or had a ache.I watched him last year in Cleveland..rooting for him because I know he's a classy,low key guy.I'm pumped he's back and could very easily see him end up at first..early on it looked like that could be the place for Wilmer.. .

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

On a side note...I think it's very obvious Sandy and Terry need to have a "heart to heart" with David Wright.

Heart to heart, my ass.  They need to tell him to cut the **** and retire.  He's become a disgrace.

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Heart to heart, my ass.  They need to tell him to cut the **** and retire.  He's become a disgrace.

Nah..we are not the Yankees!! He loves the Mets and baseball with a hard on,let's respect that..we are not talking about Bobby Bonilla here.I hope Wright would consider joining the announcing crew since Darling will no longer do Sunday games...even nationally.Just a thought.p.s.-Wilmer played first today..

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Nah..we are not the Yankees!! He loves the Mets and baseball with a hard on,let's respect that..we are not talking about Bobby Bonilla here.I hope Wright would consider joining the announcing crew since Darling will no longer do Sunday games...even nationally.Just a thought.p.s.-Wilmer played first today..

I thought that for the last few years ... but now, he's just being selfish.  I wanted the Mets to trade him 5-6 years ago.  But they needed a "face," and I think he's taken full advantage of that, especially since Harvey fell flat on his face.  But now they have deGrom and Syndergaard, so they've got their faces of the franchise. Wright just needs to be gone.

Wilmer is the ultimate utility guy.  LOVE HIM.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I thought that for the last few years ... but now, he's just being selfish.  I wanted the Mets to trade him 5-6 years ago.  But they needed a "face," and I think he's taken full advantage of that, especially since Harvey fell flat on his face.  But now they have deGrom and Syndergaard, so they've got their faces of the franchise. Wright just needs to be gone.

Wilmer is the ultimate utility guy.  LOVE HIM.

The Mets took out a insurance policy on his contract...the organization is not paying him a dime.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Actually Bruce only played part of one game at first for the Indians last year.Santana became ill or had a ache.I watched him last year in Cleveland..rooting for him because I know he's a classy,low key guy.I'm pumped he's back and could very easily see him end up at first..early on it looked like that could be the place for Wilmer.. .

I like Bruce as well.  Even the year he first got here and really struggled, I believe that was because he was having issues outside of the game.  I heard somewhere his apartment didn't even have running water that year.  Anyway he's not the type of guy to use that excuses.  He improved the next year and seem to try to help out Conforto as well.

Look forward to seeing him play again too with the Mets

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You’re right, I looked that up and thought it was more. 

I reallf hope Agon is on a short leash. I’m fine with Flores playing 1B for now even against righties. 

Totally agree on Bruce 

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I like Bruce as well.  Even the year he first got here and really struggled, I believe that was because he was having issues outside of the game.  I heard somewhere his apartment didn't even have running water that year.  Anyway he's not the type of guy to use that excuses.  He improved the next year and seem to try to help out Conforto as well.

Look forward to seeing him play again too with the Mets

Just to me a favor..don't get pissed off at me during the season..sometimes I tend to get rattled because I bleed the Mets colors a bit much...my dad and uncle were the same way and my nug will literally let a Mets losing streak interfere with his life...p.s.-Vargas fractured his hand? 

38 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Just to me a favor..don't get pissed off at me during the season..sometimes I tend to get rattled because I bleed the Mets colors a bit much...my dad and uncle were the same way and my nug will literally let a Mets losing streak interfere with his life...p.s.-Vargas fractured his hand? 

Lol your Mary Jane stash gets bigger during losing streaks

Sorry I just had too:P