Mets fans?

Another Fan

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Aggressive, but smart, on the bases.  Manufactured runs, instead of waiting for the long ball.  Nice National League baseball executed perfectly.

I was impressed by Cabrera grabbing 2 extra bases with balls in the dirt which lead to Plawecki driving him in(who also had a really solid spring that is leaking into the regular season). I'm not a big Cabrera fan, reminds me of a better hitting Tejada. Both slow and look out of shape. But, he played well today without even getting a hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I was impressed by Cabrera grabbing 2 extra bases with balls in the dirt which lead to Plawecki driving him in(who also had a really solid spring that is leaking into the regular season). I'm not a big Cabrera fan, reminds me of a better hitting Tejada. Both slow and look out of shape. But, he played well today without even getting a hit. 

I agree a billion percent, man!

53 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Just had this same conversation with my father on Cabby. I did like the 2 walks but yes he does look slow and out of shape. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

His undercut with 2nd and 3rd full ..with two outs was uncalled for..if he's going to bat clean-up..he can't pop out to the catcher.6 lob.I doubt he stays there..odds are Frazier will end up there.

54 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I'm not down with the Cabrera/Tejada comparison. Ruben Tejada has done nothing in this league. He's three years younger than Asdrubal and was fattening up before he ever established himself. Asdrubal has had a nice career....which he's been on the downside of since we got him.

I'm not wild about Asdrubal at 2B either (although thrilled it's not 3B), but he's a gamer, has given the Mets two solid years, much better than anything Ruben gave us.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I posted a few memories in the Rusty thread but I found out since that I actually witnessed his last HR at Shea. Never knew that before today.

Very cool that the opening day crowd today got to pay their respects. I wasn't there but they had a moment of silence for Ed "The Glider" Charles, a longtime employee and Rusty.

And not to be morose, but if you weren't aware Bud Harrelson has been in the news lately due to Alzheimers.

Circle of life. Lets Go Mets. Wish we were playing tomorrow.

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I posted a few memories in the Rusty thread but I found out since that I actually witnessed his last HR at Shea. Never knew that before today.

Very cool that the opening day crowd today got to pay their respects. I wasn't there but they had a moment of silence for Ed "The Glider" Charles, a longtime employee and Rusty.

And not to be morose, but if you weren't aware Bud Harrelson has been in the news lately due to Alzheimers.

Circle of life. Lets Go Mets. Wish we were playing tomorrow.

Wish I could be there!  And wish they were still playing at Shea!   Have a friend who's a die-hard Mets fan and his b-day was today so he was able to participate in all of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Le Grande Orange was a star on the expansion Expos, well remembered by Canadian fans, came back for a little while on the downside of his career.

Edited by row_33

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not down with the Cabrera/Tejada comparison. Ruben Tejada has done nothing in this league. He's three years younger than Asdrubal and was fattening up before he ever established himself. Asdrubal has had a nice career....which he's been on the downside of since we got him.

I'm not wild about Asdrubal at 2B either (although thrilled it's not 3B), but he's a gamer, has given the Mets two solid years, much better than anything Ruben gave us.

My dream is that the Twins fall out of the race and the Mets trade for Dozier! 

45 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Frazier at clean up,where he belongs.Plawecki sits..one good move and one bad one imo.

d'Aurnaud is a better hitter and catcher than Plawecki, IMO.

I've been VERY disappointed with d'Aurnaud since he joined the team.  But he's still better than Plawecki.  Plus he had a hell of a spring, so maybe he'll actually hit to his potential this year.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

d'Aurnaud is a better hitter and catcher than Plawecki, IMO.

I've been VERY disappointed with d'Aurnaud since he joined the team.  But he's still better than Plawecki.  Plus he had a hell of a spring, so maybe he'll actually hit to his potential this year.

But I don't like sitting a guy coming off a 3 hit game..anyway...the sky is a perfect blue today..and Travis went yard.???since we don't have a night/day weekend..be interesting to see who starts tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

But I don't like sitting a guy coming off a 3 hit game..anyway...the sky is a perfect blue today..and Travis went yard.???since we don't have a night/day weekend..be interesting to see who starts tomorrow.

I wonder if Thor just likes Plawecki more; or if Jake likes d'Arnaud.  Will be interesting, for sure.

I am loving the aggressive/smart base-running.

• Like (+1) 1

2-0 for the first time since 2013.

Love the baserunning.  Love the manufactured runs.  Love the bombs.  deGrom doesn't have his best stuff, but muscles through.  I like Callaway's style.  A lot.

Don't sleep on this team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I wonder if Thor just likes Plawecki more; or if Jake likes d'Arnaud.  Will be interesting, for sure.

I heard that the choice between d'Arnaud and Plawecki comes down to the batting matchup with the opposing pitcher, not who's starting for the Mets. We'll see how it plays how as the season progresses. Ideally one of them wins the job outright.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Maybe a bit too aggressive when Gonz tried to do it Pete Rose like..I chuckle.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Familia looked very promising, hope he's back to being himself.   Always gotta love seeing Yadier bleeping Molina strike out. 

I wonder what Molina's legacy will be. Hall of Famer? He's a perennial All Star but in this day and age most people get so wrapped up in offensive stats. Personally, I'd put him in the Hall and I tend to be a tough grader. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I wonder what Molina's legacy will be. Hall of Famer? He's a perennial All Star but in this day and age most people get so wrapped up in offensive stats. Personally, I'd put him in the Hall and I tend to be a tough grader. 

Yeah it's funny as I typed that I'm thinking, Damn this guys been around a while!  I mean how many other people in other sports have been with the same team as long as him.