Revive war memorial stadium and the rockpile

Howard

I never knew about the old Humboldt Pkwy (thanks for the history lesson). I did a google search on the Humboldt Pkwy and found a good article on the long, drawn out construction process of the Kensington Expressway. http://buffalonews.com/2016/05/08/buffalo-know-slow-death-humboldt-parkway-building-33-198-2/

The last time I went to mass at St. Stanislaus church was in the late 80's when we would have a yearly mass said on the anniversary of my grandfather's passing. I would have no clue if the old funeral home where he was laid out is even still there (which I believe was within walking distance of the church).

In regards to the Rockpile, I went there once (in 1986) for a Bison's game. I remember Joe DeSa was the Bison's big star back then. DeSa was killed in a car accident that offseason.

I grew up in St. Stan's parish. There were two funeral homes there: Rutecki (closed) and Kazmierczak. (Now Lewis) The Kwiatkowski family, which ran Rutecki, were friends of mine. They used to employ the local kids to wash the hearses, clean up the morgue or serve as emergency pall bearers when the families could't find 6 able-bodied family members. I was also a part-time janitor at the Broadway Market when I was in high school. Today, half of my old neighborhood is empty lots.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

(quote him) My son is Roger and my dog is Howard so you should read better. These guys on this message list have never met you until this list but Ive met you and have dealt with tough guys like you all my life. Your the type who used to swipe the bottles of wine and rye from my customers mailboxes during christmas that were for me. But thats how young criminals start by taking over innocent peoples things and I always knew it but figure carma will catch up to you. So now I see it has because you turned in to a real juvinile. I bet you havent even been to a game in the city because your scared what adults might say to you.

Fran Mercurio was italian not a brit and just like every other italian guy who bothers me, he learned what 45 years in the USPS can do to a man. He wont ever make fun of my team again.

So go watch your mtv heavy metal videos and polish your gold plated chains before you go on your next heist know it all.

I don't think you never met me pal. Cuz if you did and you started in with your lip then you'd remember because I would have taken your bottom lip, pulled it over the top of your mailman hat so it was covering your face then poked a couple of eyeholes in it so you could see. By the time Shirl removed it from your face you end up with two scars the size of your eyes on the front of your neck. If you don't have them scars, you never met me.

And I wouldn't steal no wine that you were gettin. Maybe some expensive stuff to sell but I think your customers was givin you ripple. Wine is for fairies if you ask me. I might of take a bottle or two to bust someone over the head but that would be it.

I don't watch no heavy metal videos neither. I like Springsteen.

I guess naming your dog Howard makes sense. Did Shirl smell his breath and then name him?

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

I was taking the garbage cans back to the garage this mornig and thought how neat it would be to have a nice big stadium on the site of the old rockpile. Instead of building it long enough for 80000 seats it could be build higher because really all we need is 100 yards and maybe 50 yards on either side so thats a total of 200 yards. Instead of building it only 300 feet high you can build it 700 feet high and double the occupancy. Think of a short long cardbored box and a tall narrow cardboard box. Build it taller and get more people in it with sky boxes way uphigh. Those rich people dont watch the field anyway they are too busy eating crockettes and can o peas. I'm going to the city council this month to look into this I think.

(quote him) you wouldnt call me old fellow if you saw me. I get up at 3:30 every day. Oatmeal with keenwa and dates with my juice.

I think it would be good to make it 700 feet high. We would be able to say we have the league's highest attendance.

We won our last championship there. I saw my first game there, sat threw the 40 degree days and had our radio there. It had a great location and the site lines were really good. We used to bring in beer and whiskey and m and m's and schnapps. There wasnt much tailgating there in my day. It was mostly have friends to your house and take the bus or drive to the rockpile and watch the game. That was a great spot and we should revisit this location to build another 40,000 seat stadium. We would show the NFL owners that tradition matters. We could create a timecapsul and put in neat things like a Jim Kelly jersey and a Rich Stadium hot with foil wrapper. And a program from our Raiders championship game. Anyway, I think we need a stadium at the old rockpile so we can win another championship.

I am your newest Fan, Good Sir !

...like my victrola better..............

Crank it up !

I think it would be good to make it 700 feet high. We would be able to say we have the league's highest attendance.

This is approaching genius thinking, I think.

Not that i would recognize genius.

But this idea is over my head, so likely smarter than me.

I would support a GoFund Me for this effort

Howard could get everyone high with the pot plants he grows in his basement. That's how He makes ends meet. His postal pension is only $700 a month and SS is $850.

Has he spoken to Dareus yet?

Looks like an opportunity for our friend Howard gain financial freedom during his most excellent retirement.

Cheers to you Howard !!

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't think you never met me pal. Cuz if you did and you started in with your lip then you'd remember because I would have taken your bottom lip, pulled it over the top of your mailman hat so it was covering your face then poked a couple of eyeholes in it so you could see. By the time Shirl removed it from your face you end up with two scars the size of your eyes on the front of your neck. If you don't have them scars, you never met me.

And I wouldn't steal no wine that you were gettin. Maybe some expensive stuff to sell but I think your customers was givin you ripple. Wine is for fairies if you ask me. I might of take a bottle or two to bust someone over the head but that would be it.

I don't watch no heavy metal videos neither. I like Springsteen.

I guess naming your dog Howard makes sense. Did Shirl smell his breath and then name him?

This is Shirley. My husband went to bed and he left his account logged on. I have to tell you something Mr Spagnulo, never in my life have I been so taken back by the comments of a young man. One time a man said "oh your name is Shirley? Surely you will or surely you wont?" (And he said it in a thick italian accent back in 1978 on the corner of Clinton and Seneca). so Howard has always had a problem with comments that are directed at me or his dog Howard. All these people are very nice but you seem to be mean. I have to watch this one thing on tv wait one minute

Continued to Mr Spagnulo - just finished my show. Have everything set out for Howard's breakfast and took Howard out back to do his business. But you need to ease up on Howard. Did you know he once drove across the county just to deliver a small cooler to the Wyoming county health center. He was always a dedicated worker and had the best outlook on work. I think he wants to work again and i wouldn't mind that. So you need to be nicer to him and open up like I do with these other nice men. I hope you have a nice evening and go Bills.

S.

We won our last championship there. I saw my first game there, sat threw the 40 degree days and had our radio there. It had a great location and the site lines were really good. We used to bring in beer and whiskey and m and m's and schnapps. There wasnt much tailgating there in my day. It was mostly have friends to your house and take the bus or drive to the rockpile and watch the game. That was a great spot and we should revisit this location to build another 40,000 seat stadium. We would show the NFL owners that tradition matters. We could create a timecapsul and put in neat things like a Jim Kelly jersey and a Rich Stadium hot with foil wrapper. And a program from our Raiders championship game. Anyway, I think we need a stadium at the old rockpile so we can win another championship.

The NFL doesn't care anymore. Hasn't in a long time. Get used to it. It's not going to change.

Edited by matter2003

Continued to Mr Spagnulo - just finished my show. Have everything set out for Howard's breakfast and took Howard out back to do his business. But you need to ease up on Howard. Did you know he once drove across the county just to deliver a small cooler to the Wyoming county health center. He was always a dedicated worker and had the best outlook on work. I think he wants to work again and i wouldn't mind that. So you need to be nicer to him and open up like I do with these other nice men. I hope you have a nice evening and go Bills.

S.

Listen Shirl I know what you is getting at and it just isn't gonna happen. You probably had your chance to ditch Howard at some point but youse too late now. Ans I ain't into bags your age. No offense. I'm sure you are real nice.

And I didn't come in here intending to start nothin. Your husband is a hot head who can't back nothin up which is how he might end up with eye holes in his neck. I'm gonna leave you alone but keep an eye on him.

Tell the truth, Did the dog get his name because they have the same breath?

I grew up in St. Stan's parish. There were two funeral homes there: Rutecki (closed) and Kazmierczak. (Now Lewis) The Kwiatkowski family, which ran Rutecki, were friends of mine. They used to employ the local kids to wash the hearses, clean up the morgue or serve as emergency pall bearers when the families could't find 6 able-bodied family members. I was also a part-time janitor at the Broadway Market when I was in high school. Today, half of my old neighborhood is empty lots.

That's cool! It's nice the funeral home gave the local kids jobs. When my grandmother died in 2003, my dad went to one of the funeral homes by St. Stans to get Mass cards in Polish, but the old Polish owners were gone, so he had to go to Kaisertown instead.

St. Stans sponsored my grandparents back in the 50's and they all used to go to church there as well. My grandparents eventually bought a house on Titus (off of Sycamore) back in the early 70's. I remember it was still a decent neighborhood in the late 70's/early 80's, then started going downhill. My uncle still lives there. We went over to pick him up last year and the neighborhood is similar to how you described the area around St. Stans. It's a shame to see the neighborhoods in those conditions. I grew up around the Seneca/Cazenovia area and that neighborhood keeps getting worse every time I go up to visit. The days of the homeowners actually living in their houses for the rest of their lives seem to be long gone within certain parts of the city as the new homeowners just rent it out to whoever has the cash.