Vikings' DT Shariff Floyd's Career May be Over

That really sucks. For anyone.... Nerves come back slowly, hope he can get back to 100% with time.

...IF they do....meniscus surgery according to what I have been reading (my future daughter-in-law faces ACL/MCL/torn meniscus surgery 4/7) is pretty straightforward.....some sites say all surgeries are risk but "complications and nerve damage in meniscus surgery is rare"....sure as hell hope for this young man's sake that the surgeon(s) did not screw up........

...yup (see my previous post)....and being a Viking, the Mayo Clinic is world renowned and right around the corner.....then again the Cleveland Clinic is world renowned and they killed my wife......

Ah missed that...

I coach lacrosse, and one of my players tore his meniscus wrestling. He tore it near the end of the season, had arthroscopic surgery, and just got cleared today by his doctor for full contact. I think his recovery from the surgery was about 5 weeks.

That really sucks. For anyone.... Nerves come back slowly, hope he can get back to 100% with time.

that and how the bones get so little blood flow in to the joints etc is amazing. I learned a lot about it (and forgot most) when my grandpa had his done. My mom just got her second knee. Its scary AF

Hope he can still enjoy his life

My son tore his ACL and in HS football. The (fantastic out of state) surgeon was certain the MCL would heal and he could replace the ACL. He seemed almost more concerned about the meniscus and said there was no way to know for sure until he was in there. Nasty injury and he was not optimistic, but we dodged the meniscus issue - and YIKES on the nerve damage!

...yup (see my previous post)....and being a Viking, the Mayo Clinic is world renowned and right around the corner.....then again the Cleveland Clinic is world renowned and they killed my wife......

So very sorry my friend

So sorry, no words for that....

that and how the bones get so little blood flow in to the joints etc is amazing. I learned a lot about it (and forgot most) when my grandpa had his done. My mom just got her second knee. Its scary AF

Hope he can still enjoy his life

Good point at the end there Boyst. These modern day gladiators may bank millions. But after being fitted for a wheelchair, living life in pain, watching your children play and knowing you can't help your son practice in the back yard. Makes you wonder if they'd give it all back for the simple pleasures we sometimes take for granted.

Hoping the best for this dude, in life.