S. Gilmore or Nate Clements in their prime?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They would definitely call a penalty on that play today....it was Brady!

Yeah I know - that's why I said it shouldn't draw a flag. There's two reasons it probably would anyway: 1) Golden Boy; 2) in real time it looked like he went for the head - it was only in slo-mo that I saw what really happened. (Another reason to allow challenges on penalties.)

This is a tough call for me. I am going to say Clements. He seemed to give an overall better effort.

What do you think? Is this post stupid? Are you wondering why you even clicked on it?

You stole my user name. LOL You know what's up about Bryce Paup. The man had game. Probably a lot of people on the message have no idea who he was as they think Bills football started with Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams.

But to your original question. Clements over Gilmore every day and twice on Sundays. Clements is just a better football player and athlete in my opinion. Gilmore's technique is to hold the receiver all over the field. Good riddance to that puscatore!

Another corner who would have been really good back in the day, but for injuries was Marlon Kerner. He would have been better then Gilmore also.

This is a tough call for me. I am going to say Clements. He seemed to give an overall better effort.

What do you think? Is this post stupid? Are you wondering why you even clicked on it?

Interesting. Clements was better in run support, Gilmore better in man coverage. It would be a scheme decision for me. Both very similar solid starting players.

Gilly will prob get a ring

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

I LOVED Robert James. But Butch Byrd is my all time favorite for several reasons.

Yep. In my opinion, they are the Best 2 cornerbacks in team history. Great players, but kind of sad we haven't had anyone in 45+ years to clearly top them.