S. Gilmore or Nate Clements in their prime?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough call for me. I am going to say Clements. He seemed to give an overall better effort.

What do you think? Is this post stupid? Are you wondering why you even clicked on it?

I'd go with Clements as well. I think his overall toughness would be the deciding factor for me. Nearly identical tackles and interception rates.

I like this thread....I'd take Antoine Winfield......I feel that he had better cover skills than both.....He wasn't going to get the picks that the other two would get but he was better lock down defender.....Heck, I might even take an in his prime Thomas Smith over Gilmore and Clements..........I'd take Clements over Gilmore....Gilmore had more bad games.

Winfield, Pat Williams, and Jason Peters are among the best players the Bills ever let walk out the door.

I thought Clements was a good player who signed a ridiculous contract with the 49ers. Same for Levitre.

Gilmore is going to be an interesting story. He doesn't seem like the type of player that can mentally deal with Belichick. Gilmore just is never intense - off or on the field. But Belichick i'm sure knows this so it will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Gilmore is probably the most technically skilled of the three DB's mentioned but as others stated Winfield was the best football player.

That would be a 15 yd penalty, fine and suspension in today's NFL

Brady was a runner - outside the pocket and downfield...don't think they could even throw a flag on it today. Now if he hit him like that while in the pocket yes....

Edited by Azucho98

gilmore last year:

50 catches on 92 targets (54%), 666 yards 5 tds, 3 int and 18 pd

Clements 2006 stats:

59-for-99 (59.6 percent), 658 yards, one TD, 20 PD, three INT

Somewhat subjective crediting what they allowed but not wildly different players. Especially noting how pass happy the league is now. Any landslide is to some degree disliking the guy that walked more recently.

At their absolute very best season clements did have that 2004 season where he was a turnover machine. But his stats were also worse in 2005 than the above so he was a bit streaky too