McDermott Wakes at 5 AM for MMA Exercise

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 56 years old and I have NEVER been a great athlete, but I get up at 4:05 every week day to workout. While, I woul like to think that is superhuman, I KNOW that it isn't.

that is awesome (seriously) and no one is saying it's superhuman. But it's impressive with a high stress, high volume hours job like he has, and 3 young children, that he gets up between 3-5 am everyday and does MMA workouts . Imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

I just thought it would be a funny thing to point out for our new head coach. Fresh breath of air from Rexy

Actually I agree.

A lot of great coaches are not great athletes. Yet, I do think McD's physical fitness and discipline will may help him earn the respect of his players.

In fact, I personally find it easier to respect a guy who takes care of himself and has self-discpline than one who doesn't.

Edited by hondo in seattle

gaining the respect of your players is never a waste of time.......

Agreed, and the health benefits with additional energy make you more effective. I have no doubt he sees enough film. I know I am more effective with exercise.

I am 56 years old and I have NEVER been a great athlete, but I get up at 4:05 every week day to workout. While, I woul like to think that is superhuman, I KNOW that it isn't.

I wake up at 3:30am and walk around my developmint, make oatmeal and watch weather channel before you even get up. So maybe you should get up earlier because I get the worm son.

I wake up at 3:30am and walk around my developmint, make oatmeal and watch weather channel before you even get up. So maybe you should get up earlier because I get the worm son.

You are welcome to enjoy my worm. I'll sleep in, then have skim milk and a banana.

Rex wakes up at 5am to do MMA too! Oh wait we actually have a coach now that has a disciplined work ethic now.. feels weird.. He's looking like the real deal can't wait to see him coach :thumbsup:

Edited by Strethor