McDermott Wakes at 5 AM for MMA Exercise

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone should post their personal workouts to prove that McD is nothing special. Also post your schedule as an NFL HC to get the best apples to apples comparison.

I do 6 reps of 12 ounce curls every night along with the same amount of squats reaching for those beers.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

You are welcome to enjoy my worm. I'll sleep in, then have skim milk and a banana.

I cant sleep because Shirl and I walked the McKinley mall twice tonight. Now I'm really ready to go. Especially when young punks try to mAke fun of my physical rootine. You wait until your over 75 and you try to stay on top of everything life throws at you. I have bills to pay and balance my checkbook. I also have to get to Federal meats each tuesday for fresh chicken and pork. Then i have to take my returnables to Consumers to get my money back. I also have to walk Howard our dog four times a day and then pick Shirley up at the hairdressers each week. I have to dust and wipe off the couch covers and vacume the carpets so they have nice lines each afternoon. So to get this work done i do get up at 3:30 and write out my lists. Early bird gets the worm and i think i'm getting the big one again tomorrow. Sleep in son. Life will pass on. I think Mcdormitt has the right idea. I like him.

I`m 58 with numerous injuries, Still do 400 push ups 60 pull-ups ,chin ups 5 sets of bench presses last set 220 4 times 120 curls preacher and hammer. 100 tri-cep pull downs 100 tri cep ext and 240 inny and outy band exercises for my blown out shoulders. Max bench 285 . I weigh 178. Old South Buff boy roots I have lived here in Pa for 41 years.

(quote him) indo a lot of these same things but with Chunky soup cans. We keep the big 24 ounzers in our pantry and it works really good to keep me and my wife toned.

I cant sleep because Shirl and I walked the McKinley mall twice tonight. Now I'm really ready to go. Especially when young punks try to mAke fun of my physical rootine. You wait until your over 75 and you try to stay on top of everything life throws at you. I have bills to pay and balance my checkbook. I also have to get to Federal meats each tuesday for fresh chicken and pork. Then i have to take my returnables to Consumers to get my money back. I also have to walk Howard our dog four times a day and then pick Shirley up at the hairdressers each week. I have to dust and wipe off the couch covers and vacume the carpets so they have nice lines each afternoon. So to get this work done i do get up at 3:30 and write out my lists. Early bird gets the worm and i think i'm getting the big one again tomorrow. Sleep in son. Life will pass on. I think Mcdormitt has the right idea. I like him. (quote him) indo a lot of these same things but with Chunky soup cans. We keep the big 24 ounzers in our pantry and it works really good to keep me and my wife toned.

Whoa! Where did that come from? It's not personal! My wife is up about 4:00am daily, 5 if she's "slackin'" and lucky. It's different routines. I didn't mean to disrespect yours, and I'm fine with mine. At 57, I'm not a kid! I play tennis a few times a week and my hero there is an 81 year old guy who's overcome his stroke to come out and hit with people daily. I wasn't the one judging. I just meant that's good for you, do your thing. I'll do mine. I want my skim milk and banana in the morning! I know as I get older sleep patterns will continue to change. That's life. GEEZ! Relax. "Young punks" is so far off base....you have no idea. But at least you didn't call me an *****t. :)

Edited by Augie

Hour and a half . 4 times a week.

That's awesome, seriously. I feel much better when I get my excersise. Sadly, I hate the gym as much as my kids love it, and tennis sucks in Atlanta compared to my last 30 years living around resorts.

That's awesome, seriously. I feel much better when I get my excersise. Sadly, I hate the gym as much as my kids love it, and tennis sucks in Atlanta compared to my last 30 years living around resorts.

I do it in my basement. 5 bad disks, 2 bone spurs in my neck, recon lt knee, lt elbow recon. tear in rotator cup, grade 3 tear in a.c. joint. some other things also. I don`t like to hear other people 10-15 yrs younger whine about how they can`t do this or that.They are just plain and simple lazy.I hurt worse and feel like crap if I don`t work-out. i don`t have a cushy job either. 35 yrs doing bodywork on cement.

Whoa! Where did that come from? It's not personal! My wife is up about 4:00am daily, 5 if she's "slackin'" and lucky. It's different routines. I didn't mean to disrespect yours, and I'm fine with mine. At 57, I'm not a kid! I play tennis a few times a week and my hero there is an 81 year old guy who's overcome his stroke to come out and hit with people daily. I wasn't the one judging. I just meant that's good for you, do your thing. I'll do mine. I want my skim milk and banana in the morning! I know as I get older sleep patterns will continue to change. That's life. GEEZ! Relax. "Young punks" is so far off base....you have no idea. But at least you didn't call me an *****t. :)

(quote him) sorry I didnt mean offense to you. You sound like a nice guy. Keep working out because it helps us stay young at heart. Might even try some mma like coach McDermond.

Well apparently the last coach didn't want to work so that alone is an improvement.

I knew it when we went to NE on MNF and suddenly the defense was very good. Rex tried that week because it was NE and MNF.

If Rex had simply worked his butt off here we would have been in the playoffs last season. We had a coach who barely tried and it showed in the lack of preparation from the players. Nobody knew what was going on and the HC was just coasting.

Well apparently the last coach didn't want to work so that alone is an improvement.

I knew it when we went to NE on MNF and suddenly the defense was very good. Rex tried that week because it was NE and MNF.

If Rex had simply worked his butt off here we would have been in the playoffs last season. We had a coach who barely tried and it showed in the lack of preparation from the players. Nobody knew what was going on and the HC was just coasting.

that became more and more obvious as time went on. Sad.

that became more and more obvious as time went on. Sad.

Yep. Nearly as sad as taking three days and nine pages to finally lock the epic "a idiot" -> " ***** " thread. Neither Rex's coaching stint nor that third grade grammar rant ever had a chance.

Ok, obviously Rex's failure was worse on many, many levels, but the other thread was locked so I didn't know where else to call attention to the fact it took 3 days and 9 pages of crap (to which I contributed heavily) to do it. :D