I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the NFL crashes like NASCAR did a decade or so ago. They need a good kick in their money grubbing balls.

Hopefully TV ratings keep falling, then they can bring back real football real fans want to watch.

You know Terry Pegula's sports passion is the Sabres right? He would not be able to move the Bills and still own the Sabres.

Quite the hot take you have here.

I don't think it would be viable to own the Sabres if he moved the Bills.

I hope the NFL crashes like NASCAR did a decade or so ago. They need a good kick in their money grubbing balls.

Hopefully TV ratings keep falling, then they can bring back real football real fans want to watch.

I assume you're talking about letting them play with "real tackling" and not so many penalties for helmet to helmet hits and what not. If so, that's never going to happen.

Goodell is finally doing something right by removing a TV timeout each quarter. They have to find other ways to cut out all the breaks, that's the biggest issue IMO. What they need to do is conduct challenges in the same way they do in the NHL. Have a centralized location look at the replays and radio the decisions to the refs. You can see on TV within 10-20 seconds what the call should be, yet it takes no less than 3-5 minutes for them to announce the challenge, go to commercial while the ref runs to the booth, and then announce the decision. It's a joke. Cut out these unnecessary breaks, get the games in around three hours again and that'll help a lot.

Edited by elroy16

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

ok sullivan ,now you can be happy

Well, you're wrong.

Let's keep this as simple as possible: you actually believe that a guy is going to spend close to $2B on sports teams, and an additional $500M on development of the downtown area, just to turn around and vacate the area? This is without considering that he'd have to sell the hockey team (probably at a loss) and pay hundreds of millions of dollars in relocation fees, plus a cool billion on a new stadium.

That would be one of the all-time worst business decisions in the history of business decisions.

And it's not going to happen.

Period.

Also, if we're talking about markets, why hasn't Green Bay moved?