Sean McDermott clears the air on reported rift.

PIZ

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can already tell that McD is pretty intelligent guy and quick on his feet with his media responses. He was able to not contradict what LaCanfora was saying while still not throwing Whaley under the bus. Hopefully this translates to decisions on the football field. So much more put together than our previous mess.

This one voice concept is very easy to grasp. Whaley is awful at press conferences, Terry gets so nervous at them he almost forgets the English language and I am guessing Kim doesn't do them because sooner or later the media will question why its always her and never Terry. It's better for the fans and the team if they have a polished speaker up at the podium getting the message across.

Guest NeckBeard

This team goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs (then gets bounced early) and every single message board will still opine that there's cognitive dissonance at OBD. I don't care what any of these people say so long as they manage to finally erase the permeation of stink.

This one voice concept is very easy to grasp. Whaley is awful at press conferences, Terry gets so nervous at them he almost forgets the English language and I am guessing Kim doesn't do them because sooner or later the media will question why its always her and never Terry. It's better for the fans and the team if they have a polished speaker up at the podium getting the message across.

absolutely. This is why businesses have PR people. Not every successful businessman, GM, coach, what have you is a good public speaker. I have posted before that I have personally met two Nobel prize winning scientists, brilliant guys, who absolutely stink at giving lectures. It's just not a talent that they have.

Bills fans hate the offseason. #jlc confirmedtwitteraccount

I can neither confirm nor deny that all Bills fans hate the offseason, or how deep their hatred of it is. #jlc confirmedtwitteraccount

Bills fans threatening to end the offseason in violent fashion #jlc confirmedtwitteraccount

The offseason is declared enemy #1 by Bills fans #jlc confirmedtwitteraccount
OBD Front Office strangely quiet on how The Bills fans hate the offseason #jlc confirmedtwitteraccount

Slow down... slow down... TBN can't churn out articles supporting #jlconjectura that quickly.

McDermott today:

@buffalobills

"My relationship with Doug Whaley has been seamless. Doug laid a nice foundation for me and has helped our team improve in free agency."

Ha - Anyone with a tinfoil hat can tell he is hiding something.

Still waiting on his stance on Bigfoot or this is all a big farce

So, wait, all this "McDermott loves Whaley, he loves Whaley not" shenanigans is really a diversion to throw us off the trail of Bigfoot... :huh:

Bigfoot hasn't really been seen in public much, lately... nor has he done much public speaking... :blink:

ARE THEY GONNA FIRE BIGFOOT!?!?!? :o

I AM SO DONE WITH THIS TEAM!!! :angry:

Where is your evidence that Doug Whaley is "not allowed" to talk anymore?

My evidence is because Coach McDermott said, he is doing the talking, one person will do the talking, and he is the one talking and saying that.

So that means Whaley will not be talking. What is confusing about that? How much plainer could that be?

And..I didn't say and I am not saying, that there is any truth the the rumor that Whaley is in hot water. I haven't seen any proof of that at all in any of the stories that have come out.

What I said was, this clears nothing up. What Coach McD said, clears nothing up. But that doesn't mean I believe the rumors.

What about this, "But, on Monday at the NFL owners meetings, McDermott scoffed at the notion that he and Whaley were on poor terms, let alone participating in the in-house bickering that many believe to be occurring."

We have to ignore that part because it doesn't fit the TV drama conspiracies that everyone assumes exists in our front office.

It makes even more sense when you add in the fact that the Buffalo media like to dissect every single word to find the smallest possible difference in what everyone's saying so that they can "call them out", cause you know, the fans have "the right to know the truth."

If I was the Bills front office I would take the Lynch approach and meet the NFL requirements to an absolute minimum.

McDermott today:

@buffalobills

"My relationship with Doug Whaley has been seamless. Doug laid a nice foundation for me and has helped our team improve in free agency."

If you read that carefully -- and note what he didn't say -- he didn't explicitly shoot down LaConjecture, for instance -- it's absolutely clear there is simmering animosity. This is all part of the Pegula's carefully managed plan to move the team out of Buffalo. If you're clever, it's obvious.

Edited by Dr. Who

If you read that carefully -- and note what he didn't say -- he didn't explicitly shoot down LaConjecture, for instance -- it's absolutely clear there is simmering animosity. This is all part of the Pegula's carefully managed plan to move the team out of Buffalo. If you're clever, it's obvious.

I knew it! I now feel somewhat vindicated.

So, LaCanfora says McDermott has growing cache with ownership, could be bringing in VPs or personnel figures with ties to the coach in the near future, and that the marriage likely isn't built to last.

And then McDermott says that Whaley and he worked together on all this and neither could have done it alone, that it's been a total team effort, and that "Doug and I have had healthy conversations, productive conversations, and I look forward to doing that moving forward." And that the team will speak with one voice.

And people hear McDermott's comments and say, "See, LaCanfora was wrong, and there's no problem." Really?

Does nobody notice that both of those could easily be 100% true, that they are not contradictory? They are not.

Did McDermott say how far forward he will move with Whaley? Did he say there will be no new VPs or personnel figures? Folks, this is good PR, but McDermott didn't contradict LaCanfora's report. He didn't say there isn't conflict. And he certainly didn't guarantee Whaley's future with the Bills will be long or filled with power.

Who cares about any of this? If McD and Whaley can work together to build a roster suited for McD's schemes then fantastic. If McD tells Pegula with all the teams he has been around that Whaley is not a good GM, then Whaley will be looking for a new job after the season. I doubt anything happens this season unless Whaley resigns. It is Whaleys job to get players so that McD can be successful but it wont happen in one off season.

Ha - Anyone with a tinfoil hat can tell he is hiding something.

I need more sentences in the quote so I can read between the lines

BRAVO - BRAVO - bartender, tinfoil hats all around!

Edited by cd1