QB Depth Heading Into The Season

Right now we only have Tyrod Taylor and Cardale Jones. Unless Whaley is a complete idiot, I'm pretty sure he will draft a QB. Im not sure when though. With greater needs at WR & DB, Id be shocked if we go with a QB in the first two rounds. If thats the case we will likely end up with mid level talent for a QB like Davis Webb, Nathan Peterman,Joshua Dobbs or Chad Kelly.

So in logic we'll have a mid level talent starting QB, and 2 very raw and unproven QBs.

What Im trying to get to is where is the veteran back-up QB we can trust if god forbid Tyrod goes down. Sorry but Im not sold on Jones as back-up, there is a reason he lost out on the starting job at Ohio State. A strong arm will only get you so far on the football field.

Anyways, how have we not interviewed guys like Cutler, Kap, RG3 or Keenum? The going rate for back-up QB seems to be around 2 mill per. Im sure we can get 1 of these guys for that if not a little less.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now we only have Tyrod Taylor and Cardale Jones. Unless Whaley is a complete idiot, I'm pretty sure he will draft a QB. Im not sure when though. With greater needs at WR & DB, Id be shocked if we go with a QB in the first two rounds. If thats the case we will likely end up with mid level talent for a QB like Davis Webb, Nathan Peterman,Joshua Dobbs or Chad Kelly.

So in logic we'll have a mid level talent starting QB, and 2 very raw and unproven QBs.

What Im trying to get to is where is the veteran back-up QB we can trust if god forbid Tyrod goes down. Sorry but Im not sold on Jones as back-up, there is a reason he lost out on the starting job at Ohio State. A strong arm will only get you so far on the football field.

Anyways, how have we not interviewed guys like Cutler, Kap, RG3 or Keenum? The going rate for back-up QB seems to be around 2 mill per. Im sure we can get 1 of these guys for that if not a little less.

Given the situation at QB I'm surprised that this discussing hasn't been had. Your way out infront of this one, need some of that forward thinking at OBD.

Given the situation at QB I'm surprised that this discussing hasn't been had. Your way out infront of this one, need some of that forward thinking at OBD.

....have a thought on interviewing Chase Daniel as the "vet presence"?......also, I don't see Cardale ever panning out.....his collegiate body of work is about 1/2 page long..........

Tyrod Taylor isn’t a franchise QB. So the greatest need for the Buffalo Bills is at QB.

Unless your goal is to just be ok, be “in the hunt”. If that’s your goal, then why worry about a back up QB? It’s not like you’re trying to win a Superbowl anyways. Your roll in the league is to be “in the hunt” and just miss out in the final weeks, then go away and let the teams with real NFL QBs play for the championship.

Edited by 1billsfan

I honestly think we sign a vet this year,and by default go after a QB next year. If we're lucky,there shouldn't be qb starved teams ahead of us in the draft next year,as Cle and SF should get their guys this year,leaving us for the pick of the litter next year...im dreaming,i know. But it might be plausible to surmise that?

if we end up with a mid tier rookie draft pick this year....and i'm hoping it's chad kelly, why not bring in nassib for a visit? chase daniel will find a more lucrative deal elsewhere. nassib was behind ely all this time and in limited playing time was what?...9-12 128 and a td? cheap too

Edited by billsredneck1

This is new uncovered INFORMATION here! I have to wonder if the front office has even noticed we only have two? No wonder we have half a dozen threads about firing Doug. I must now do a search and see if in fact this has been discussed and I have been missing it. Truly I will find it has not because you would have done your due diligence and searched ahead of time to be sure you could give one of those many "QB situation"threads the very well thought out OP you did above.

Never mind. Just did the search....been rehashed before.

This is new uncovered INFORMATION here! I have to wonder if the front office has even noticed we only have two? No wonder we have half a dozen threads about firing Doug. I must now do a search and see if in fact this has been discussed and I have been missing it. Truly I will find it has not because you would have done your due diligence and searched ahead of time to be sure you could give one of those many "QB situation"threads the very well thought out OP you did above.

Never mind. Just did the search....been rehashed before.

Did they mention Mahomes in those threads? Maybe that could be a new topic.

with roughly 6mm in cap space, Cutler will not be coming here.

Don't forget A Williams was designated as a post June 1st cut so we carry roughly 6MM of salary until after June first then the cap is is much less. Also by Then Free agents will be cheaper if their are any less and we will be post draft.