Bills Showing Interest in Josh Gordon?

Is it tampering to be in communication with Gordon right now ?

See where his head is at? Maybe motivate him to stay focused on a return to the NFL via Bills?

A man has to have a reason. McD should give him one since his Coach has seemingly closed the door.

Richie got motivated.

the report, if true, is that they were in contact with his agents. If they are talking to the Browns about a trade, they could have given permission to speak to his camp before agreeing to a trade. Otherwise it is tampering. and yes, it would make sense to get every bit of info about his current state as possible. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of Goodwin's faults....injury prone....lack of size.....etc

He still is a better bet then this guy for the fact that he probably would not be on the field for us for the full year do to some personal bs......i would not give up more then a 5th for this guy

And that make Goodwin "better"??

the report, if true, is that they were in contact with his agents. If they are talking to the Browns about a trade, they could have given permission to speak to his camp before agreeing to a trade. Otherwise it is tampering. and yes, it would make sense to get every bit of info about his current state as possible.

Gordon's cap hit this year is $1.0M, and then he's an RFA. I'm not opposed to making a completely conditional-pick trade with the Browns. No real reason we need to be talking to Gordon's camp anyways.

Gordon's cap hit this year is $1.0M, and then he's an RFA. I'm not opposed to making a completely conditional-pick trade with the Browns. No real reason we need to be talking to Gordon's camp anyways.

sure there is Dr.!! I want the lowdown on this guy. An one would likely have to read between the lines hard.

So...

I would also plant a spy to follow him. via twitter or whatever means necessary.

Due diligence.

sure there is Dr.!! I want the lowdown on this guy. An one would likely have to read between the lines hard.

So...

I would also plant a spy to follow him. via twitter or whatever means necessary.

Due diligence.

Sure, for due diligence's sake, but what do you expect to get out of his own camp? His agent really going to tell you that he's not ready?

I was referring to what needs to happen in order to get a deal done.

For as cheap as Gordon is this year, plus that we'd get his RFA rights, I'm all for putting together a conditional deal. Get him for nothing upfront other than relieving the Browns of the headache, and if he plays (or even plays WELL) then they get something.

Sure, for due diligence's sake, but what do you expect to get out of his own camp? His agent really going to tell you that he's not ready?

I was referring to what needs to happen in order to get a deal done.

For as cheap as Gordon is this year, plus that we'd get his RFA rights, I'm all for putting together a conditional deal. Get him for nothing upfront other than relieving the Browns of the headache, and if he plays (or even plays WELL) then they get something.

I figured what you meant .

But yes I would talk to his camp. read between the lines, but get them some motivation to get and keep the kid straight.

And Conditional deal for sure. I tossed out earlier offering a 3rd. That would be silly indeed. I think the Browns just want to move on.

That's exactly what I expected to hear.........."McDermott would never consider a character issue guy".......because of some hot air he blew at his intro PC.

All we know about McDermott was that he was a lukewarm HC candidate with modest success as an NFL DC.

That's it........we have no idea what kind of head coach he will be.

If you want to look at his background, that was with the team that took the chance on the most polarizing character risk the NFL had ever seen......Michael Vick........and a team that hung onto Greg Hardy as long as possible.

I think it would benefit the mental health of the fanbase if they just realized that this guy is a complete unknown........the whole "faith based" angle works any way you want it........he can use it to justify giving guys another chance the way Tony Dungy would just as easily as using it as a rationale for acquiring "faith based" players etc..

It's neither here nor there that it's what you expected to hear.

Certain guys stress certain things for a reason.

It's not all a playing with the minds of sheep agenda out there.

Rex cared to never really mention or stress having players of character that I can recall.

Marv did, as another example.

Sometimes you are too "clever" for your own good.

The way this coaching staff is, building a culture, how would Gordon ever fit in that? I'd love to take a shot at having him but I don't see this coaching staff interested at all.

This is all just click bate if you ask me.

Because one of the benefits of building a strong culture is the ability to absorb "special needs" players like Gordon, and make them successful.

Not that he is on Gordon's level of dysfunction, but I'm interested in seeing what McD gets out of Dareus.

He's had a million chances, but you have to believe there will come a point where the dude gets it together. At least, you should want to believe that as a reasonably good person.

If he wasn't serious about turning it around and staying straight for long enough to make a living then he would have pissed off into nowhereland already (the way Justin Blackmon did).

Edited by dayman

He's had a million chances, but you have to believe there will come a point where the dude gets it together. At least, you should want to believe that as a reasonably good person.

If he wasn't serious about turning it around and staying straight for long enough to make a living then he would have pissed off into nowhereland already (the way Justin Blackmon did).

....237% correct....guy thinks he has more lives than a cat....even with Pryor signing with the Deadskins, Hugh threw in the towel on Gordon....I think he'll wait until the April reinstatement hearing to see if he can work a trade before outright release.......if you have ONE ounce of gray matter, do you SERIOUSLY piss away a shot at Millions??....bet there are 38,174 members here who sure as hell would love a shot...as Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid....stupid is forever"..

The way this coaching staff is, building a culture, how would Gordon ever fit in that? I'd love to take a shot at having him but I don't see this coaching staff interested at all.

This is all just click bate if you ask me.

If you didn't notice it not once one mentions interest from the Bills. I asked for the title to be changed but the mods are sleeping. Edited by Beef Jerky

I might do that.

I would definitely do that. Trading down from 10 to 12 is 100 points, according to the draft pick value chart. That's equal to the 4th pick in the 4th round. The Bills would actually get the 1st pick in the 4th round plus Gordon. The difference there is 12 points which equals the 9th pick of the 7th round. So the Bills would make out not only make out on the trade down, but get Gordon as well.

I would definitely do that. Trading down from 10 to 12 is 100 points, according to the draft pick value chart. That's equal to the 4th pick in the 4th round. The Bills would actually get the 1st pick in the 4th round plus Gordon. The difference there is 12 points which equals the 9th pick of the 7th round. So the Bills would make out not only make out on the trade down, but get Gordon as well.

I want a second round or no reason to take a chance on a guy who might not play, who probably is rusty, most likely never be as good as his few games.

Also he has #12 tattooed on his back... That number is retired here.