Bills/Seahawks propose expanded replay review

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some areas it needs expanding. And certain penalties do need review. I think any personal fouls like helmet to helmet plays should be reviewed. I see on to many instances a player gets hit on shoulder and they call a personnal foul.

There are some areas it needs expanding. And certain penalties do need review. I think any personal fouls like helmet to helmet plays should be reviewed. I see on to many instances a player gets hit on shoulder and they call a personnal foul.

Yup, too many of those going around. Zach Brown against Cleveland.

Just greater opportunity for the Bills to get butt-!@#$ed by the officials.

However, given that "How are the refs going to screw up today?" is just about the only remaining entertainment in the game, I can only support this measure.

Yes, maybe if a defensive player jumps over the offensive line nd runs down the kicker BEFORE the ball is snapped and then the make the kicker sit out a play...

Naw - no need for review uncalled penalties.

I am sure a LIMIT would be set just like challanges.

Edited by cd1

The ability to red flag any play makes sense IMO.

By allowing a team to red flag a play that a game altering penalty may have occured , but missed it allows for real time corrections which would reduce mistakes and help assure a fair outcome IMO.

If you throw the red flag and no penalty can be found or a penalty on the opposite side has occured the red flag option has expired and the penalty gets enforced.

I like this idea and have been trying to get it to take hold in the NFL.

Very dumb.

The game will take 10 hours. There's arguably a penalty on every play.

Not at all,

The flow of the game would not change If utilized properly IMO.

If you use the red flag option and the officiating crew doesn't agree with you, thats it on reviewing a play in this manner.

This is not something a coach would or could try to use on every play.

Edited by Figster

any chance the Bills propose a new rule any time Jarvis Landry leaves his feet and head hunts a defenseless DB and possibly ends their career - the opposing team can walk across the field and beat him with baseball bats??

No but - you should eject the guy. It should cost more than a game check too. Maybe a percentage of total compensation for the year? or game check? Whichever is higher. And similar to hockey, you have a group look at the hit and decide if further suspension is warranted.

Grumble grumble this will make games long grumble grumble ignoring the fact the number of challenges won't change grumble grumble.

Slowing or altering the flow of the football game has been the biggest concern in past discussions.

I get that and agree

Very dumb.

The game will take 10 hours. There's arguably a penalty on every play.

Obviously a team wouldn't be able to challenge every play. They would only have one penalty challenge per game for example. I'm all for that and don't know why anyone would be against it.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

Slowing or altering the flow of the football game has been the biggest concern in past discussions.

I get that and agree

Yeah - remember phantom PI on nickel robey? that cost us a game because the guy tripped over his own feet. There needs to be some sense of accountability on that...

We're down 6 against seattle because of whatever happened at the end of that half against seattle. If we get to keep the FG, we can kick the chip shot on 4th down and probably lose in OT.