Changes coming to Bills front office?

oh my bad Yolo, I thought I read earlier in this thread thats what you were implying, and then I saw you post about the hiring of Boyko and thought you were furthering that line of thought...my sincerest of apologies

no worries, I think he's a good talent evaluator and would not like to see him go. I do think McD is the face of the organization now a and that's common among a lot of teams with their HCs. I like McD's style so far. Whaley in a Nick Caserio type role would be fine with me and I also think Monos is very sharp.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is the third coach Whaley can't work with?

So they could fire Whaley after hiring McD?

This is so stupid. Only the Bills do things back-ass-wards.

So you're believing this report?

At what point is his material no longer worth posting on the board? It gives him the clicks and the only conversation it creates is in regards to how much he sucks. It's pretty apparent he just uses the Bills rabid fan base for his own purposes.

Now

As much as I am not a big fan of Whaley's, I don't believe that Pegula would give that kind of control to a 1st year HC...

And if Pegula was displeased with Whaley to that degree he likely would have fired him along with Rex to begin with...

Slow news day for LaCanfora perhaps...

no worries, I think he's a good talent evaluator and would not like to see him go. I do think McD is the face of the organization now a and that's common among a lot of teams with their HCs. I like McD's style so far. Whaley in a Nick Caserio type role would be fine with me and I also think Monos is very sharp.

I agree hes a good talent evaluator, and do not want to see him gone. I also like McD as the one voice/face of the franchise.

For me, Whaley basically was not in control ever here...2013 and before you had buddy nix...2014 you had Brandon heavily involved...Whaley didnt hire Marrone or Rex Ryan. I think after the firing of Rex and the promotion of Brandon, Whaley finally has the reigns completely as far as making football decisions (with heavy consult from the HC, as it should be), so im willing to see how these next two seasons go before I would consider being on board with giving Whaley the axe

Very rare to fire a GM halfway through the scouting, free agency, and draft process. Stupid, really. If Whaley is to be let go, it makes the most sense for it to happen immediately after the draft, before the new college scouting year begins.

This is why my magic 8-ball says berchtold sourced this story. It's reasonable to suspect that berchtold would believe Whay is at least part of the reason that berchtold was demoted, and this story would be a nice way to tweak whaley's nose and to stir the pot at the old office.

Agree. Look at the source. Lacanfora hasn't had much credibility in reporting stuff on Bills.

So you agree that lacanfora has at least some credibility on the subject?

For what it's worth, I think (could be wrong) that lacanfora was on the right track on Rex/tyrod at the end of the season.

Well Buddy Nix was put out to pasture after the draft. If something is going to happen I assume it would follow the same time frame. We will see what happens come May.

Buddy put himself out to pasture after the draft, in which he stated many times publicly that he would leave after "getting his guy" at QB (EJ Manuel)

Buddy put himself out to pasture after the draft, in which he stated many times publicly that he would leave after "getting his guy" at QB (EJ Manuel)

He did, but EJ and Cardale Jones means Whaley doesn't have a clue about qbs and is a bad GM.

He did, but EJ and Cardale Jones means Whaley doesn't have a clue about qbs and is a bad GM.

again, EJ was def. Nix pick (im sure with input from Whaley yes) and I dont mind the Cardale pick, why not take potential and see if it can be developed when your struggling at the most important position in sports??

And theres 21 other starting spots on the team aside from QB that Whaley has also addressed...so I dont see how that being a bad GM

I guess time will tell, still the organizational structure within the organiazation reeks of a little dysfunction.

to you, and to make believe reporters

I think there was dysfunction when the Pegulas took over, because they didnt know how to run an NFL org. They had too many cooks in the kitchen, and then over ruled them all with their own ideas...this offseason, post rex firing, has seemed very fluid and professional. I dont see any signs of dysfunction now that the Pegulas realized to give their GM the power all other GMs in the league have and stop butting in.

Was there a photo of him? I saw him at a pro day also but not in Bills gear. Looked like an NFL hat and Nike jump suit. The guy he was standing with did have Bills gear orn though.

Your name should be "The TruthHurtsME"

Sorry dude but on a positive note, Walmart is having a sale on Tin Foil.

That's a great idea. Fire Whaley right before the draft so he can take our draft board with him. And then drop a new GM cold to conduct our draft. That kind of forward thinking builds winners.

The league would not allow someone from one front office moving to another front office at this time because of a conflict of issue considerations. This scenario is already in play with the Redskins. They let their GM go under unclear circumstances but can't hire another GM or personnel person from another organization at this time. They can do it later but not now. Their in-house staff is handling the draft and free agency and at a later time someone else would be brought it.

This is why my magic 8-ball says berchtold sourced this story. It's reasonable to suspect that berchtold would believe Whay is at least part of the reason that berchtold was demoted, and this story would be a nice way to tweak whaley's nose and to stir the pot at the old office.

I've thought for years that Berchtold was the source of many leaks from OBD.