Changes coming to Bills front office?

Not here. We got the "there's no way this is true, LaCanfora is a hack!" treatment, per usual.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/190530-cbs-rex-could-be-fired-tt-benched-monday-with-loss/

Enjoy the "no way Rex gets fired before the end of the season" freezing takes! :lol:

You're well aware that you're promoting a logical fallacy just to tweak people's noses right? The fact that RR was fired does not necessarily mean that LaCanfora's assertion was correct at the time that he made it. It is entirely possible for both LaConjecture to be incorrect and Rex to be fired for reasons related or unrelated to making the playoffs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy put himself out to pasture after the draft, in which he stated many times publicly that he would leave after "getting his guy" at QB (EJ Manuel)

That was the word put out publicly but I think they wanted Whaley in charge going forward and notified Nix of their plans. In addition, there was a number of other front office personnel who were replaced around the same who all had ties with Nix. At which point Whaley brought his own guys in like Monos, Fisher, etc..

Also, a few months prior there were rumors that Nix wouldn't be asked back when his contract expired and Bill Polian would be taking the Czar role. Obviously that never played out but I believe the Bills were ready to move on from Nix post draft anyway even if he was planning to retire.

Edited by billieve420

Early January is an extremely busy time for the scouting process and Whaley, Manos, and Co. were neck deep. Just not a good time from a practical stand point. I get that the Pegulas would be embarrassed by Whaley's bumbling in front of the microphones, [kb]but to fire a GM at that time of year takes something far more egregious. When McD was hired, several of us suggested if Whaley wasn't on board, he was going to be let go after the draft when it makes the most sense to do so.

Whaley's bumbling in front of microphones? Have you heard Terry Pegula? FCOL

That was the word put out publicly but I think they wanted Whaley in charge going forward and notified Nix of their plans. In addition, there was a number of other front office personnel who were replaced around the same who all had ties with Nix. At which point Whaley brought his own guys in like Monos, Fisher, etc..

Also, a few months prior there were rumors that Nix wouldn't be asked back when his contract expired and Bill Polian would be taking the Czar role. Obviously that never played out but I believe the Bills were ready to move on from Nix post draft anyway even if he was planning to retire.

YOU THINK? THERE WERE RUMORS?

Now there is well founded speculation for you.

You're well aware that you're promoting a logical fallacy just to tweak people's noses right? The fact that RR was fired does not necessarily mean that LaCanfora's assertion was correct at the time that he made it. It is entirely possible for both LaConjecture to be incorrect and Rex to be fired for reasons related or unrelated to making the playoffs.

You could make that argument for every report ever. Talk about a fallacy.

Certain reporters always cling to "anonymous" sources.

Certain reporters have a long track record of always being wrong.

This story comes from one of those reporters, and hasn't been mentioned by anyone credible. Until it has been backed by a legitimate media person or source, I wouldn't believe a word of that article.

Certain reporters always cling to "anonymous" sources.

Certain reporters have a long track record of always being wrong.

This story comes from one of those reporters, and hasn't been mentioned by anyone credible. Until it has been backed by a legitimate media person or source, I wouldn't believe a word of that article.

If there isnt anything of merit or substance to the report couldnt Whaley place a lawsuit on him? Quite sure that blatantly lying in a teport is against the law.

Whaley's bumbling in front of microphones? Have you heard Terry Pegula? FCOL

YOU THINK? THERE WERE RUMORS?

Now there is well founded speculation for you.

Owner of NFL team. GM of NFL team. One is not like the other.

Pegula is actually worse than Whaley in front of the mic. But they are poor speakers for different reasons. Whaley is actually pissed off and his anger gets the best of him in those pressers. And I think the Pegulas don't like that trait at all.

can someone have info besides LaConfora he throws out whatever- doesn't need to be true, accurate, made up doesnt matter the all fill space. There is NO penalty for being wrong- none. His leaky pipe (Rex) left and no one can get accurate information out of the Bills. No one had the head coach, no one had the DC, no one had the OC no one had a clue on free agents- the way it should be. I know most of us arent dumb enough to believe this crap but there is always the idiot.

Edited by CardinalScotts

Pegula is actually worse than Whaley in front of the mic. But they are poor speakers for different reasons. Whaley is actually pissed off and his anger gets the best of him in those pressers. And I think the Pegulas don't like that trait at all.

I have never heard that before.

This is pure Bu!! $hit

Had a sense whaley might no have been in control this off season.

We let go/didn't resign a lot of players from the old regime(s). It's also well documented that TT is not Whaley's guy also isn't a fan of his. Yet, mcdermott wanted him back, at least for this season...

LaConfora wasn't necessarily wrong in his reporting at the end of last season...

That Rex was dead man walking and that the Bills would move on from Tyrod Taylor. Well Rex was dead man walking and Whaley made Lynn bench Tyrod Taylor week 17.

Circumstances change though...Pegula is smitten with McDermott and he is hired as HC with direct line to Pegula. Both McD and the OC Dennison want to keep Tyrod Taylor and Tyrod is willing to restructure so situation and plans change. Doesn't mean that LaConfora's initial reporting was wrong or "made up" like some contend.

If Whaley clashed with the previous two Head Coaches then I don't think it's far-fetched that it is happening again. What I find most amazing is that Whaley who has had zero success in this league is working with his third different Head Coach as GM. It defies belief.

Care to elaborate? I always appreciate your insight, regardless of our vast differences of opinion.

Nah. Let's just say there is a palpable dislike and distrust of certain members of the media and it has festered for years. Whaley does well in controlled environments when it comes to facing the media on certain subjects but when it deals with anything controversial, Whaley's defensiveness is on full display and I think it impacts is articulation to say the least.

again, EJ was def. Nix pick (im sure with input from Whaley yes) and I dont mind the Cardale pick, why not take potential and see if it can be developed when your struggling at the most important position in sports??

And theres 21 other starting spots on the team aside from QB that Whaley has also addressed...so I dont see how that being a bad GM

You missed my sarcasm. I was summarizing the views of those who don't give much or any credence to the Nix EJ connection. I think Whaley is a reasonably good GM.

Nah. Let's just say there is a palpable dislike and distrust of certain members of the media and it has festered for years. Whaley does well in controlled environments when it comes to facing the media on certain subjects but when it deals with anything controversial, Whaley's defensiveness is on full display and I think it impacts is articulation to say the least.

I assume this is related to the freeze-out of certain local reporters?