Johnny Football to NOLA?

@rapsheet

Sources: #Saints coach Sean Payton & Johnny Manziel were spotted together Super Bowl week, at breakfast. They discussed a return to football

FA QB Johnny Manziel has kept a low-profile as he trains for a return. #Saints coach Sean Payton appears to have taken an interest in him.

The #Saints still need a backup QB. Payton could make the most of Manziels talent. Drew Brees would be a perfect mentor. A lot makes sense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm completely rooting for him. I would love to see him make a comeback and get back into the league. The kid has too much talent for what he's given the NFL to this point.

He can do whatever he wants... in the CFL. He isn't NFL material.

I'm glad to hear he might get a second chance. It'd be great for him to learn from Payton and Brees.

But I'd be worried for the kid's sobriety if he were living in New Orleans. Part of being and staying sober is "people, places, things". You really need to avoid temptation, especially for the first couple of years sober, and NO is a big drinking and drug town. They have a huge drinking scene and a huge drug scene. It's very hard for a newly sober person to avoid that much temptation. Hopefully the team has a plan for him if he does sign there. He would absolutely have to keep his head down and stay the **** away from that whole scene. Maybe even having some type of team chaperone might not be a bad idea...

Wish him the best though. Just not sure NO is the best place for him. But it may be the only place willing to give him a chance, so...