1. 1. What round?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills love to run the ball, they love to draft running backs early with great ones on the roster, and they love 2nd chances. What round do the Bills take Joe Mixon? I say round 2.

The imaginary round.

Seriously, our new coach is a guy who builds around character.

Yeah I wouldn't bet on that if I were you...

My favorite quote from the combine "If they thought Hannibal Lecter could help them they would say he had an eating disorder"

Mixon put up measureables in line with the best of the class. He might get pushed down but I would be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd.

Someone will probably pick him, but I'd guess it won't be as high as the third. Fifth, maybe?

Stop it.

That video where she hit him first? I'm not excusing his actions as he shouldn't have done it but let's not make it out to be on the same level as Child Molestation. I expected the video to be much much worse with all of the build up. Mixon won't be on the Bills because the need isn't there but I think somebody will be getting a good player in the late second early 3rd.

Agreed. He obviously way overreacted to the situation, but the fact of the matter is that the woman attacked his head/face/neck area while his hands were in his pockets. The single punch he threw looked reactive, not premeditated or aggressive - and he didn't follow that with any further punches/kicks/etc. Still, he wasn't in any real danger and to fracture four bones in the woman's face was way, way, way past reasonable defense/reaction. That's definitely a real issue, but it's not the issue some are trying to portray.

Reasonably I think he goes late 3rd, early 4th. He has Steelers or Patriots comp pick written all over him.

Mixon will get drafted, and I'm betting well before the end of the third. I honestly think there's a small chance he could go in the late first to a team like Green Bay or Oakland that needs RB and questions whether he'll make it to their second round selection.

Based on that thought process - I don't see a scenario where the Bills take him. If after we picked a WR, S, CB, OL (not necessarily in that order) he was still on the board, I wouldn't hesitate to take him.with a 5th.

Edited by DasNootz

I don't think this guy should ever play pro ball. Obviously he will but that video... Just should not be an NFL player. He's on about the same level as a child molester imo

Why do people think all NFL players need to be boy scouts? Their job is to run around a field and hit people as hard as they can. The only reason to be concerned about off field behavior is if there is a high risk of it affecting on field performance (as in suspension or incarceration) or selling tickets.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Domestic violence is not a "one time" thing. There's no such thing as "I just punched her that ONE time."

One day you're Joe Mixon or Ray Rice or Josh Brown. Another argument, another bad mood, you're Rae Carruth.

I think the NFL's sensitivity to this issue lies in what they know happens and has happened with players and this issue - and what the fans do not. The NFL took rather severe "indirect" action against Rice and Brown - and that tells me Mixon isn't going to play in the NFL.

Domestic violence is not a "one time" thing. There's no such thing as "I just punched her that ONE time."

One day you're Joe Mixon or Ray Rice or Josh Brown. Another argument, another bad mood, you're Rae Carruth.

I think the NFL's sensitivity to this issue lies in what they know happens and has happened with players and this issue - and what the fans do not. The NFL took rather severe "indirect" action against Rice and Brown - and that tells me Mixon isn't going to play in the NFL.

This isn't a domestic violence case.

Why do people think all NFL players need to be boy scouts? Their job is to run around a field and hit people as hard as they can. The only reason to be concerned about off field behavior is if there is a high risk of it affecting on field performance (as in suspension or incarceration) or selling tickets.

That's exactly the issue with a guy like Mixon. He is now a major risk to draft. Who's to say that he doesn't get arrested or suspended? He has already proven unable to control his temper along with being stupid.

• 4 weeks later...