So who's going to be the #2 QB?

Rubes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod

I doubt it but if they draft a QB early, it's possible that he shows better in camp and could be better than TT in preseason and could win the job.

Nobody on this coaching staff is tied to TT and if they feel they could win with somebody other than him, they aren't obligated to "give" him the job.

Good luck with that happening.

Tyrod

I doubt it but if they draft a QB early, it's possible that he shows better in camp and could be better than TT in preseason and could win the job.

Nobody on this coaching staff is tied to TT and if they feel they could win with somebody other than him, they aren't obligated to "give" him the job.

Nobody in Rex's regime was "tied" to TT either. Yet he still won.

If Taylor is out , better to get a higher draft pick in 2018 for a QB.

Kinda my thinking. We drafted Cardale as a project. He'll be on +1yrs. If he needs to spot start 2 games so be it. If he needs to start 8 games due to TT injury might as well get very high draft pick. Let Cardale sink or swim at that point. The rest of the backup QBs out there wont make a difference anyway.

I'm sold that they are picking Watson if he is available. I said all along Rex and TT took the heat for last seasons failure and the benching/bridge contract are a sign of an organization that doesn't believe in their QB.

Watson is everything EJ wasn't, his team won because of him, EJ's lost because of him. Mahomes seems to be a little less polished coming out. Kizer represents too much of what failed with Manuel (perfect QB body without the results). The more I think about it the more I think it's Watson, I don't love it but I will remain hopeful if it happens.

The bridge needs to lead somewhere and this is my best guess.

Most quarterbacks with a good, logical shot at making the NFL are everything EJ wasn't.

That is an option that could win us a game?

I think if we are down to our 3rd QB in a game, we are in survive mode.

I think what the thought is, keep Jones as the back up, if we are down to Jones starting, due to an injury to Tyrod in that same game, the emergency QB would be Logan Thomas. Most teams don't dress a third string QB, if we draft someone or get a UDFA, he can stay on the practice squad till he is called up due to injuries.

Still wondering who will be backing up TT. Decent chance he'll be called upon to win us a couple of games, so we need someone who isn't a raw talent.

Who do we end up with as the (presumably) veteran backup?

The Rookie we draft to supplant Taylor next year

A rookie is the only backup the Bills should have. You DO NOT get a "veteran" backup when you don't even have a franchise QB.

I don't understand why people still don't get it...

Perhaps someday we will all be as smart as you. But today is not that day.