Your Favorite TE In The Draft Not Named O.J. Howard

Engram IS NOT a true TE,, More of a big, rangy, Alshon Jeffery type WR...

My 2nd favorite TE in the draft is UB's Mason Schreck... Kid's a real go-getter... WAY more upside than O'leary... Here's hoping he ends up on our roster.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo

Big frame, 6'4", 270 lbs. Opened eyes at he Senior Bowl. One of the better blocking TE's to come out in a while. Decent receiving skills, blocking is what separates him from the others.

Negative: Slow 40 could cost him to drop to the mid-to-later rounds. Ran 4.86.

I like this guy too.

Engram IS NOT a true TE,, More of a big, rangy, Alshon Jeffery type WR...

My 2nd favorite TE in the draft is UB's Mason Schreck... Kid's a real go-getter... WAY more upside than O'leary... Here's hoping he ends up on our roster.

Engram is actually considered small in comparison to the better TEs in the class.

Also plays nothing like Alshon at all.

If anything he's a faster Devin Funchess.

Edited by BillsFan17

jake butt. trade back in the first grabbing another 2nd and grab him there.

Son of Bertha Butt, one of the Butt sisters.

Am I the only one who thinks we have a pretty good and very underutilized tight end right now? Why would you pick one when we have some positions with NO starter?

Yes, I agree. Those that attended games and/or spend time on the All-22 have pointed out that Clay has been open but Tyrod doesn't see or throw to him. Until that's straightened out, we could have Gronk and he'd be underutilized.

Engram is actually considered small in comparison to the better TEs in the class.

Also plays nothing like Alshon at all.

If anything he's a faster Devin Funchess.

Yeah, NFL Network was covering the TEs in this draft and showed clips of Engram. He seemed small for an NFL Tight end.

• 1 month later...

If we can't have Howard, sign me up for Adam Shaheen in the 2nd. He looks like an athletic LT but has mobility and body control similar to a travis kelce or gronk. He might need some extra time but ex-basketball players have been known to make the transition to TE before.

Njoku. I think he is just as good a prospect as OJ Howard.

TE position is definitely deep this year. I like Njoku as well but he appears more similar to a Clay (probably more like a Jordan Reed/A. Hernandez skill set). I think Howard and Shaheen might be a better pairing with Clay as they could serve more as the Gronk type (block as well as be spread out wide).

If we could trade down to the late teens or early 20's, I would be fine with Njoku and the extra picks. He could replace Clay after a year and we could save cap $.

TE position is definitely deep this year. I like Njoku as well but he appears more similar to a Clay (probably more like a Jordan Reed/A. Hernandez skill set). I think Howard and Shaheen might be a better pairing with Clay as they could serve more as the Gronk type (block as well as be spread out wide).

If we could trade down to the late teens or early 20's, I would be fine with Njoku and the extra picks. He could replace Clay after a year and we could save cap $.

:flirt:

Engram is a WR in my book, I would take him in the 2nd if we don't draft a WR in the first.

I am a Bucky Hodges fan, at VT he rarely lined up next to the tackle, he was flexed outside and in the slot, at 6'6", a 4.5 40 and maybe more importantly a 39 inch vert, he creates match up problems, but he isn't going to dominate as a blocking. But I'd but him in the slot, make the defense respond to his freakish size and athletic abilities.

Njoku. I think he is just as good a prospect as OJ Howard.

I thought the same thing, so I asked former Jets TE Anthony Becht via twitter (he is now a college football analyst/color guy)...

I asked his guess as to how big the NFL impact gap between OJ and Njoku is... inches? miles?

his reply was

"Njoku skill set is very raw, can't deny his potential.... but there is a gap - its OJ and everyone else"

Evan Silva called Howard the best run-blocking TE he has ever seen coming out

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

I thought the same thing, so I asked former Jets TE Anthony Becht via twitter (he is now a college football analyst/color guy)...

I asked his guess as to how big the NFL impact gap between OJ and Njoku is... inches? miles?

his reply was

"Njoku skill set is very raw, can't deny his potential.... but there is a gap - its OJ and everyone else"

Evan Silva called Howard the best run-blocking TE he has ever seen coming out

Its true. Run blocking was his thing at Alabama...until they let him loose in the passing game.

The kid can do everything. Hopefully, the Bills don't pass up on such a sure thing.