Josh McCown to the Jets

This same regime just drafted Petty and Sackenberg last 2 years. Doubt either is getting cut this soon. Can't have 4 QBs on 53, doubt they could stash one on the PS if they took one high. Interesting.

Haven't you heard? You have to keep drafting QBs until 1 works out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news. He's terrible.

He is. But now I am legitimately worried that the Jets will land a 1st overall pick next year (or at least a top 3 pick) and get one of the top QBs in what looks like a very strong draft - Darnold or Rosen or Allen (etc) - and it will haunt the Bills for the next decade...

McCown has played for at least 2 (or was it 3?) teams that ended up getting 1st overall picks. I don't want to see the Jets getting one next season.

@rapsheet

With the #Jets job off the table, what happens to Jay Cutler? My understanding is the #Texans arent an option. So he may just wait

I'd have to imagine Cutler is going to pull an Orton and see if a job comes open due to injury and a desperate team.

There's certainly a fair amount of smoking gathering that Kaepernick is going to be blackballed out of the league. Say what you want about his politics, the guy is one of the top 64 QBs available.

Chase Daniel is also lurking to finally get his shot to replicate Kevin Kolb.

Oh and Tony Romo is still a Cowboy. I'm starting to believe Romo is done, or at least only going to play for the Cowboys, he could have his choice of broadcasting job, make millions and never step on the field again.

Have to wonder if they draft a QB in the top half of the draft. 6 mill gtd to McCown so he's safe. This same regime just drafted Petty and Sackenberg last 2 years. Doubt either is getting cut this soon. Can't have 4 QBs on 53, doubt they could stash one on the PS if they took one high. Interesting.

I actually really hope they do draft a QB at #6 this year. No QB is deserving of a top 6 pick this year, it would help a good player drop to Buffalo and hopefully it would also keep the Jets from drafting a QB in the 1st round of the 2018 draft.

@richcimini

McCown's TD-INT ratio over last 3 seasons is 29-24. In that span, ranks 33rd out of 33 qualifying quarterbacks in Total QBR -- 44.5. #jets

LOL! Nevermind that in 2 of those seasons, he was either even or the wrong way in TD:INT ratio, and his completion rate in those seasons was under 57% (not to mention he had 26 fumbles with 14 being lost, in just 24 games played). And he won't have Marshall to throw to.

I know some folks here lecture all the time about continually drafting QB's every year until you hit

But if you look at the picks the Jets have used/wasted on Petty, Hackenberg, and Smith

That's 3 starting players they missed out on

Hey I hope they grab another one at #6, that will likely make it 4

And it assures one more better player drops to us

jc

He is. But now I am legitimately worried that the Jets will land a 1st overall pick next year (or at least a top 3 pick) and get one of the top QBs in what looks like a very strong draft - Darnold or Rosen or Allen (etc) - and it will haunt the Bills for the next decade...

McCown has played for at least 2 (or was it 3?) teams that ended up getting 1st overall picks. I don't want to see the Jets getting one next season.

And like usual, next year we will be talking about how those QBs aren't that great and that the crop next year is better. Last year people were saying to wait til this year and grab one of a couple that were supposed to be good, now those guys aren't looked at as locks and next years crop looks better........