Zach Browns interveiw in Oakland sours quickly

HOUSE

I think McD doesn't want a slacker and wants guys who don't take plays off. You can't change the stripes on the player. Time to say goodbuy. Notice how all the FA's so far are clean cut, dress nice and speek well. Just saying.

He's pretty much actually said that tbh. I don't think everyone has to be squeaky clean, but I do think he will pass on guys whose commitment he feels he might have to question.

Brown is obviously (and understandably, given what he has earned previously) looking for a payday. Does his attitude change, depending on the offer?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie is the Sam

Preston the Mike & Lorax the Will, do we really need to use big money to re-sign Zack or go draft a TRUE weak side 43 LB? I'd like to use that $$ on a SS or WR.

I bet we use Lorax more at DE than LB but he's listed as OLB on the official depth chart.

Having Brown back at a reasonable price gives the team a good coverage linebacker that the front 7 does need. It also makes lorax a more versatile player since he can lineup at either the OLB or DE spot. I wouldn't overpay for Brown but the team could certainly use him.

He's pretty much actually said that tbh. I don't think everyone has to be squeaky clean, but I do think he will pass on guys whose commitment he feels he might have to question.

Brown is obviously (and understandably, given what he has earned previously) looking for a payday. Does his attitude change, depending on the offer?

Character issues and work ethic issues are different...

work ethic issues are not excusable to most coaches

There has to be something about him and his locker room behavior/attitude, etc that is rubbing teams wrong...Bills don't want him back after he played very well, Oakland doesn't want him and seemingly nobody else does either....something has to be up that hasn't got anything to do with his football ability.

Don't want him and don't want him at his asking price are incredibly different statements

how replaceable is he though ? would any rookie be as good ? who is better in free agency ? he is worth average money imho. get him back dougie

Would a small step back at lb and a small step forward be as impactful? Salary and replacements have a two fold discussion-- both the position and the overall roster.

At the right price he's a good player

Reggie is the Sam

Preston the Mike & Lorax the Will, do we really need to use big money to re-sign Zack or go draft a TRUE weak side 43 LB? I'd like to use that $$ on a SS or WR.

I bet we use Lorax more at DE than LB but he's listed as OLB on the official depth chart.

I really REALLY good thats not the plan. Nothing about him aid to me he could be a cover lb

did we make him a offer ? i mean rags and lawson have to be better than practice squad peeps here i mean do we know what mcds take on it?

Lawson would be the LDE

With the Dre Holmes signing, if we could sign Zach and maybe a good RT and a CB, we'd be solid heading into the draft.

1-10. Davis

2nd. Best CB or safety

3rd. Best CB or safety or maybe a Few

5th. Kelly

5th. Lb

6th. Whatever

Trade back in the first take Cam Robinson second take Smith Schuster then lets find a CB or 2 later in the draft

Good, come back to the team that raised you from the dead.

Where is Jerry Hughes when you need him

I think McD doesn't want a slacker and wants guys who don't take plays off. You can't change the stripes on the player. Time to say goodbuy. Notice how all the FA's so far are clean cut, dress nice and speek well. Just saying.

He isn't faith based

Maybe the offer Doug threw out there at the beginning of FA, which is probably what he did, ends up being the best he can get and he returns? Wouldn't be mad to have Brown back in the fold, especially if the deal turns out to be yeam friendly.

This would be huge. McDermott needs cover linebackers and we don't have them. I'm more worried about that than CB personally.

how replaceable is he though ? would any rookie be as good ? who is better in free agency ? he is worth average money imho. get him back dougie

I think Brown wants to be paid high end starting linebacker money. Whereas teams are looking at him most likely more so middle of the pack type money. I don't think teams are backing down because of character issues or anything like that. I think it is more so a case of teams thinking he might be a one hit wonder.

4 years with the Titans and Brown was very subpar. His best asset was that he was kind of good in coverage but was very bad against the run. Even in Buffalo Brown's play tailed off a bit the last 4ish games of the season. So teams have to be concerned that Brown in a contract year maybe put together his only career year and might not live up to a big contract.

In the end I think Brown might be over leveraging the good year he had and he simply might not have enough of a resume to justify the contract he is looking for. I think in the end he might take a one year deal at around 5-6 million and then take his chances out on the market next year. Just seems like the longer term deals are likely in the 4-5 million per with low guarantees on the 2nd year.

The big FA money is gone. There are dozens of players that were expecting a big payday, but didn't get it. Now they have to come to terms with the lesser offers that are still out there.

A lot of it is gone, but there's still a lot of money left out there. The Niners still have $71 mill left. The Browns $63 mill. There are seven teams with more than $30 mill left.

I think this lends a lot of credence to the suspicion that coaches and GM's saw what we saw: he mailed it in during the second half of the season.

Couple that with the historical trend of Rex's schemes making LB's look better than they actually are, and Zach is going to be very disappointed.

I hope we get him back on a one-year deal, he learns his lesson and goes balls to the wall from start to finish, and then we have enough cap space next year to re-sign him at a value closer to his full potential.

Brown is a really good fit in this defense. The Bills have the $ and cleary he has relationships here. I'd take another swing at him now that he sees what others think of his value. Let him play WLB

I want him back. I don't care how many other teams sour on signing him. He's substantially better than Preston. See the light Zach and come home.

Reggie is the Sam

I know Hyde moved around a bit for the Packers but he was mostly a SS until being moved to CB because of injuries there, at least I'm pretty sure. I agree with you on Brown though.

Reggie is the Sam

this would flip mcds defense on his head with such crap at will. Preston brown has a better shot at will than these guys and we could get a Joe nobody at Mike and do better

MCD needs a strong will. A strong Mike w no will is going to be a waste