Patience is a virtue

I really like what they are doing at OBD so far during the brief McDermott era. There doesn't seem to be any panic or need to make a big splash overpaying someone to lead us to the Super Bowl. We know that doesn't work ultimately. We have picked up some solid pieces and I'm sure they will continue to grind out the off season in this manner. With each passing day FA prices are coming down and I expect to see nice addition to our WR room and our DB room. There are some really good FA safeties still available!! And then we have the draft. I was happy when the Bills hired Rex Ryan to be our coach. He brought a lot of attention to the Bills. I live in Connecticut so daily Bills information is not on our local stations. But we were on the NFL station daily with Rex. Live promos from training camp it was great. Unfortunately Rex is not a very good coach nor did he bring in a very good staff and we ultimately did not do very well. To me we underachied because I feel we have a solid nucleus and hopefully now the right staff to get us moving in the right direction. Time will tell .

I'm one of Whaley's biggest critics but I actually like what they're doing so far this offseason. I like filling the roster with value FA's. Intrigued in the decision to replace the safeties. I like the WR unit way more than others do, especially if they can land the guy from the Raiders. So far so good but lots of offseason left and so much depends on how well this coaching staff will be at constructing a new foundation.

It feels like a whole new team this year. Rex was all about Rex. McDermott is all business - almost the antiRex. I like that there are no headlines about the Bills right now.

And the way they're handling FA seems smart. No big dollar signings just to sell tickets. Just steady and unspectacular depth building.

I'm one of Whaley's biggest critics but I actually like what they're doing so far this offseason. I like filling the roster with value FA's. Intrigued in the decision to replace the safeties. I like the WR unit way more than others do, especially if they can land the guy from the Raiders. So far so good but lots of offseason left and so much depends on how well this coaching staff will be at constructing a new foundation.

They got the raiders guy

With the way this offseason is going and based off what Pegula had claimed - seems like Whaley is doing what HE wants. Dumping and replacing both safeties (saved money and arguably upgraded), bringing back T2 for cheap, not picking up 100 former Panthers (or Jets when we had Rex), and picking up several value FA.

Rex definitely had his say in GM duties or meddling and you can tell McDermott isn't that type of guy. Just look at his staff. Its a bunch of guys with experience.

Then all of us should be canonized.

we are not ?

I had assumed we get the free pass for our suffering.

Some more so than others i can see

Another solid but unspectacular signing officially getting Andre Holmes in the fold. Nice

Solid is good.

Yeah I think Whaley has actually earned the benefit of the doubt on shopping the after market bin on free agents.....he did pretty well with this last year.

The safety postion was SO BAD last year that it didnt suprise me at all to see them go younger vet at the position.....Micha is a good player and i dont think we are done in a rich secondary draft.

I have watched Holmes play quite a bit.....and he is one of those guys I think can be a quality 2/3......I still would like to see a 1a player like Corey Davis at 10.....we were throwing to STREET FREE AGENTS and Goodwin last year for several games while Watkins was out and Woods dealt with the groin all year.

I really like what they are doing at OBD so far during the brief McDermott era. There doesn't seem to be any panic or need to make a big splash overpaying someone to lead us to the Super Bowl. We know that doesn't work ultimately. We have picked up some solid pieces and I'm sure they will continue to grind out the off season in this manner. With each passing day FA prices are coming down and I expect to see nice addition to our WR room and our DB room. There are some really good FA safeties still available!! And then we have the draft. I was happy when the Bills hired Rex Ryan to be our coach. He brought a lot of attention to the Bills. I live in Connecticut so daily Bills information is not on our local stations. But we were on the NFL station daily with Rex. Live promos from training camp it was great. Unfortunately Rex is not a very good coach nor did he bring in a very good staff and we ultimately did not do very well. To me we underachied because I feel we have a solid nucleus and hopefully now the right staff to get us moving in the right direction. Time will tell .

They've gone the bargain route the past couple offseason in FA.

They scored with Lorax and Zach........but their failures diving deep into the dumpster at Safety and WR had a very damaging impact on the season.

I like the approach but I'd rather overpay in FA once in a while.....Reggie Nelson would have been a big, safe, no-brainer upgrade at safety for a reasonable price last offseason.

Sometimes in saving a little money they've left themselves compelled to use draft picks to patch holes........I think that's happened a bit too much in Buffalo under Nix and Whaley and it's reflected in the amount of players that remain from some of their drafts and the guys like Preston Brown and Kujo who appear to be high picks with one foot out the door.