Patience is a virtue

I'm one of Whaley's biggest critics but I actually like what they're doing so far this offseason. I like filling the roster with value FA's. Intrigued in the decision to replace the safeties. I like the WR unit way more than others do, especially if they can land the guy from the Raiders. So far so good but lots of offseason left and so much depends on how well this coaching staff will be at constructing a new foundation.

I agree. It seems like McDermitt and Whaley are on the same page. Let's hope one of these pick ups is a gem besides Hyde, as he is solid. If we have a great draft, we can turn this team into 10 wins, but can all of you who own fast food restaurants please lock your doors when Dareus comes to town. I'm so sick of him coming into town out of shape, pulling hamstrings because he's never heard of this class called Yoga, and getting suspended.

I agree. It seems like McDermitt and Whaley are on the same page. Let's hope one of these pick ups is a gem besides Hyde, as he is solid. If we have a great draft, we can turn this team into 10 wins, but can all of you who own fast food restaurants please lock your doors when Dareus comes to town. I'm so sick of him coming into town out of shape, pulling hamstrings because he's never heard of this class called Yoga, and getting suspended.

Sorry guys for the duplicate. I-Pad acting up.

I really like what they are doing at OBD so far during the brief McDermott era. There doesn't seem to be any panic or need to make a big splash overpaying someone to lead us to the Super Bowl. We know that doesn't work ultimately. We have picked up some solid pieces and I'm sure they will continue to grind out the off season in this manner. With each passing day FA prices are coming down and I expect to see nice addition to our WR room and our DB room. There are some really good FA safeties still available!! And then we have the draft. I was happy when the Bills hired Rex Ryan to be our coach. He brought a lot of attention to the Bills. I live in Connecticut so daily Bills information is not on our local stations. But we were on the NFL station daily with Rex. Live promos from training camp it was great. Unfortunately Rex is not a very good coach nor did he bring in a very good staff and we ultimately did not do very well. To me we underachied because I feel we have a solid nucleus and hopefully now the right staff to get us moving in the right direction. Time will tell .

I understand WGR & the Buff news contingent want to give McDermott the credit for what is going on during the off season so far. Like it or not this is Doug Whaley territory. Whaley was able to get Tyrod at his price not Mcdermott. Whaley and his team has always been methodical, patient and collaborative and now he finally got a chance to choose his type of coach because he realized quickly that the Pelugas made a mistake hiring Rex. The Pelugas showed trust in Whaley when they sent Rex (with 16 mil left on contract) and his staff packing and allowed Doug to make the choice. I expect very good things moving forward because Doug choose substance ( McDermott) over flash(Rex)

I agree that there is still good players available at good prices so the Bills can still finish strong in free agency. But fans always get nervous when they see other teams making big moves while their team loses more talent than they acquire. The Bills I feel have had a net loss in talent so far. Robert Woods, Gilmore, and possibly Zach Brown are all 3 starting players who were contributors to varying degrees. The team also has to replace Aaron Williams and Graham at safety both players were banged up but they contributed when healthy. And the issues of the talent lost are on top of issues with the rosters during the season. So even if the Bills had kept all their talent they still needed to add several pieces (RT, WR, and CB on top of depth concerns)

I like the signing that the Bills have made so far and I do feel that the bigger talent lost was either highly over paid in Gilmore and Woods (And possibly Z.Brown) or injury prone players who just were not able to stay healthy in A.Williams and Graham. Yet it is an understandable concern that the Bills might not scoop up any of the talent remaining in free agency that fit their needs.

Edited by billsfan89

Doug is a good free agent guy who's had some great finds at LB starting with Hughes.

Upgrading kicker was very smart, that gets us a win or two right there compared to last year's kicking mess.

Let's boost the dback positions, get a WR in this draft and play some ball.