Who was the worst 1st Round Pick the Bills ever made?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is shaping up to be quite the battle between Mike Williams and Aaron Maybin. We should line them up across from each other and see who wins. The lesser of the 2 is the answer.

Mike Williams sitting on his couch eating a bucket of fried chicken says "im not even gonna get up for this"

I bet Maybin is still in shape at least

Edited by Lex Lyon

interesting, i did not know this!

that never played a down for the team.

Doesn't matter. Which is what makes the pick even more amazing. Picking TC was the the most critical draft pick in our history.

Aaron Maybin - according to NFL.com

Career NFL statistics

Tackles: 36

Quarterback sacks: 6.0

Forced fumbles: 5

Career History

Buffalo Bills (2009–2010)

New York Jets (2011–2012)

Cincinnati Bengals (2013)* Practice Squad Only

Toronto Argonauts (2013)

This is what a "Head Case" can do to talent!

Aaron Maybin - according to NFL.com

Career NFL statistics

Tackles: 36

Quarterback sacks: 6.0

Forced fumbles: 5

Career History

Buffalo Bills (20092010)

New York Jets (20112012)

Cincinnati Bengals (2013)* Practice Squad Only

Toronto Argonauts (2013)

This is what a "Head Case" can do to talent!

Pull just his Bills stats. I think that he had like 14 tackles and 1 FF.

Pull just his Bills stats. I think that he had like 14 tackles and 1 FF.

From my 1st post:

"Buffalo Bills Edit

On August 21, 2009, Maybin agreed to a five-year deal with the Buffalo Bills after being drafted with the 11th pick in the first round.[15] He finished the season with 18 tackles and zero sacks while playing in all 16 regular season games during his 2009 rookie year.

In his second season, Maybin was considered a disappointment. Through six games, he played on only 66 downs, with five tackles and zero sacks.[16] He was deactivated as a healthy-scratch for the team's sixth game at Baltimore.[17]

On August 15, 2011, Maybin was waived by the Bills.[18]"

Put me in the Maybin camp. That guy should have never played in the NFL, ever.

The OPs suggestion of Spiller is way off. We reached on him but he was a serviceable pro.

Maybin literally could not play NFL football.

Troup over Gronk is worst don't care if it's not a 1st round pick. Tj Graham over Russell Wilson is probably tied. Maybin over Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing was awful. Missing out on Rapelisberger sucks too.

I said the same thing. The majority of first round picks that haven't worked out were reasonable picks at the time. Mike Williams being the best example. Ryan Leaf was the right pick for the Chargers at 2. Torell Troup and TJ Graham were the two worst picks of my lifetime based on the absolute glaring no-brainers who had fallen into our laps sitting right there. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Put me in the Maybin camp. That guy should have never played in the NFL, ever.

The OPs suggestion of Spiller is way off. We reached on him but he was a serviceable pro.

Maybin literally could not play NFL football.

My point with Spiller was that a RB was not even close to a need at the time. Spiller was serviceable for that 1 incredible year. When Marrone came in and Hackett said we would feed him the ball until he pukes, I was excited... yet again disappointed very soon after the season started.

Couldn't handle the workload and has now bounced around the league ever since.

* I am a little biased, I bought my Spiller jersey after that awesome year and have been burnt about it ever since.*

I said the same thing. The majority of first round picks that haven't worked out were reasonable picks at the time. Mike Williams being the best example. Ryan Leaf was the right pick for the Chargers at 2. Torell Troup and TJ Graham were the two worst picks of my lifetime based on the absolute glaring no-brainers who had fallen into our laps sitting right there.

The Graham pick was awful.. I remember posters on the board of which we do not speak of were all in a general consensus that we would draft Russell Wilson. What a bummer.