The fastest way back to the playoffs

The quickest way is load up on defense hope it gets better quickly and the run game holds up and Tyrod does just enough.

I'm not interested in the quickest way anymore though. Let's find a sustainable way and that means getting a Franchise Quarterback so let's start drafting QBs.

Well it depends what he means. He isn't another Fitz or Orton in the sense he is better than them. He is another Fitz or Orton in the sense he is another short term band aid and not the long term answer.

If anyone still believes Tyrod could be the guy long term I want 10 of whatever they are drinking.

If the offense can average 25 points per game with my grandma under center, then put my grandma out there. What wins games is points and preventing points, not flashy pass stats. If the offense can score at 25 points per game with TT while missing its only playmaker at WR and playing with scrubs at WR, then who cares if its TT or anyone else. TT doesnt need to be a stat machine...he needs to protect the ball and help this offense score points, which he did and we did a lot of with poor weapons to throw to and 2 OC's in one year.

People forget how important he is in the run game as someone the D has to always account for on every play, not just the RBs and that opens up lots of plays for our backs. If we can get Sammy healthy alone, that will be huge to the passing offense.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you two please get a room?

Seriously, it's not cute anymore. If you want to bash Tyrod, at least be relevant and informed.

Seriously, it's not cute anymore. If you want to bash Tyrod, at least be relevant and informed.

Ryan is a great poster, Jeff just a troll

Awesome, Another cult member from the Cult of Tyrod. Don't worry, reality will set in soon.

Obviously anyone who doesn't constantly troll threads by proclaiming Tyrod the worst QB of all time is clearly a cult follower of Tyrod.

Get a grip.

Informed like 25th of 32 qb's in passing yardage ?

or informed like 1-6 vs .500 teams ?

or informed like hold the ball longer than the rest of his peers?

Informed like pantsed by Fitz and Tanny ?

Informed like 10 million dollar paycut after striking out with Romo and Glennon ?

Get a room with your emotions. Spare me the nonsense please.

Use the ignore feature if you need to. Hold the condescending advice.

The qb is the lead singer. 90% of the threads are about him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Ryan is a great poster, Jeff just a troll

I'm ok. JohnC, K-9, NoSaint, Bandit, GunnerBill among others are the greats when it comes to unbiased solid football talk.

Jeff ain't a troll. He's just wound tight as he's 97% positive we are wasting time with Tyrod in a world full of Carrs/Bradys/Ryan's/Rodgers Etc etc etc etc.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

because he wasnt responsible for all the points

He was part of a certain system.... a cog in a machine.

The bills gambled that he was going to get better in his second year....he did not live up to those expectations...there were reasons for it but it still happened

Now the bills were stuck with a contract that didnt match TT's production.....and they went to him and asked him to restructure it (which he did)

So now this season will determine what he is provided they actually do get him quality pass catcher's. Probably also wanted to work with coaches he had familiarity with that might know how to utilize him better.

That is just a hunch on my part....i want to see what happens now.

Holy crap. Nice post, John.

Its about the logo, not the name on the back of the jersey. Lets go BUFFALO

Wow, that sounds reasonable.

Time to start drinking as that scared me.

:lol:

Its ok to like Mahomes...he is an intriguing prospect. There are players I like up and down this draft, no crime in liking a player.

Personally, I find Chad Kelly's tape a lot more interesting than Mahomes and would much prefer grabbing him in the 5th than using a 2nd round pick on Mahomes (no way we pick any QB at 10 IMO, not even Trubisky if he falls).

+1! A competent coaching staff and a couple NFL ready WRs will get us to the playoffs. I think the coaches more than the QB has been hampering this team

If the offense can average 25 points per game with my grandma under center, then put my grandma out there. What wins games is points and preventing points, not flashy pass stats. If the offense can score at 25 points per game with TT while missing its only playmaker at WR and playing with scrubs at WR, then who cares if its TT or anyone else. TT doesnt need to be a stat machine...he needs to protect the ball and help this offense score points, which he did and we did a lot of with poor weapons to throw to and 2 OC's in one year.

People forget how important he is in the run game as someone the D has to always account for on every play, not just the RBs and that opens up lots of plays for our backs. If we can get Sammy healthy alone, that will be huge to the passing offense.

Which of my points was this in response to?

We can make the playoffs with Tyrod. I said that. The quickest route is improve the defense and run the ball well let Tyrod do what he has done the last 2 years.

What I am saying is that I don't necessarily want the quickest route. I want the sustainable route even if it means waiting another year or two and that means finding a franchise Quarterback. So the Bills better start taking QBs.

We can make the playoffs with Tyrod. I said that. The quickest route is improve the defense and run the ball well let Tyrod do what he has done the last 2 years.

What I am saying is that I don't necessarily want the quickest route. I want the sustainable route even if it means waiting another year or two and that means finding a franchise Quarterback. So the Bills better start taking QBs.

It comes down to who is in charge. If McDermott is now in charge can he resist his instincts to patch holes for the defense? Or will he go against his instincts as a coach and do what is right for the long term good of the team?

Hard to see a defensive minded coach wanting to draft a QB when he needs #1 Corner, Safety, and WR #2, WR #3, etc

Edited by jeffismagic

Me too.

I'll add that a rookie QB has a better chance of success if he comes in surrounded by talent and competitive teams are in a better position to attract veteran talent (i.e. - Manning/Broncos) if the draft picks are busts.

Agree. That's why I also believe the dump Tyrod crowd-- like Jerry Sullivan-- are misguided when they say we need to dump him and get a franchise QB. You need to find the best guy you can for now, and if he's not a franchise guy-- and TT probably is not-- you need to keep buying lottery tickets until you get the franchise guy. But tanking on purpose as he suggests is stupid, because it does not really significantly increase the chance of getting that franchise guy because no one knows who they are. Unless there is a Manning or Luck-- which happens every 20 years-- and look at the runner ups those years, Leaf and RG III-- and you realize tanking to move forward is a foolish approach. But of course Sully is like Donald Trump, he knows how to identify problems and agitate, but ideas to fix things, not so much.

Yep, but you know what they will probably do? Take a cb to replace the first round cb they just let go.

flux-capacitor-schematic.jpg

LOL. Don't like your politics, but that's spot on funny.

Edited by Dr. Who