Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you just say "be open minded"

the hypocrisy of this post

to likeive....dont be a coward....i was John from Hemet on the old board im John from Hemet here.....who were YOU there?

Oh I know exactly who you were Mr. Semantics because you couldn't articulate a thoughtful post.

My name was Likei'vebeentherebefore. Same avatar. Thought that seemed pretty obvious and opposite of cowardly.

Edited by likei've

Oh I know exactly who you were Mr. Semantics because you couldn't articulate a thoughtful post.

My name was Likei'vebeentherebefore. Same avatar. Thought that seemed pretty obvious and opposite of cowardly.

You must have me mixed up with someone else.....

you however.....I dont even recognize you from the board....probably trolling there as well

You must have me mixed up with someone else.....

you however.....I dont even recognize you from the board....probably trolling there as well

Stopped posting when it became unfun. Probably right around the time you and your like started posting.

The main board was unreadable.

Edited by likei've

There goes another comp pick

you don't worry about comp picks when trying to improve the team, what are we supposed to do, just rely on the draft for our numerous holes ??

The comp picks are only important if you're tanking, which we are not doing.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

There seems to be a common perception here that a player's agent can't disclose the terms of an offer from the Bills to other teams. Apart from everyone's off-the-cuff based-on-no-facts opinion, does anyone have a link to some sort of code of conduct that governs what NFLPA agents can disclose about the contents of a team's offer to a free agent player they represent?

In most fields of endeavor, if someone is your "agent," that agent has an obligation to get the best possible result for you, the principal party that he represents. That means it would be misconduct for the agent to FAIL to disclose the terms of Team A's offer if doing so would help the player get a better offer from Team "B." Playing one party's bid off against another to get a better deal for their principal is probably the main thing agents get paid for in most business contexts. Be it real estate sales, talent contracts for movies, whatever.

It's certainly possible that there could be some negotiated aspect of the NFL labor agreement that puts unusual rules in place that are specific to NFLPA-registered agents, but I would find that surprising. In part because if rules restricting disclosure do exist, they would be pretty tough to enforce.

So again, anybody got a link?

Or are y'all just clueless about how business works?

I don't know whats more shocking, to learn we signed a WR then to find out it didn't go through or to find out WR Andre Holmes has more than 1 suitor other than Buffalo.

Well, his 14 receptions in 2016 has certainly sparked some intense debate on this forum. Honestly I was surprised as well. I think that teams like guys who have shown they can compete at the highest level. He may not have gaudy stats, but often times these guys are safer bets than mid to late round draft picks. Receiver is a difficult position to transition from college to the pros. Even marginal veteran receiver talent are often more productive than younger guys at the position. With that said, I don't think I'd want him any higher on the depth chart than a third WR.

Sorry, the number comp picks awarded are solely based on the number of FA's signed versus lost up to a max of 32 per year

Those who claim differently unfort do no understand the system

In 2015 our Bills lost 3 FA's and signed 1

The other FA's signed didn't count against the comps because they were ineligible

Based on having been released (Harvin)

Or signed after the draft

Or in Felton's case was based on opting out of a contract

In 2017 we will only receive comp picks if we sign less eligible FA's than we loose

With Hunter going to Pitt we are currently -1

And if our other FA's don;t sign until after the draft/Jun 1 they become ineligible

Again the NFL compensates NFL teams who lose more FA's than they sign

However if the Bills fan base feels signing marginal FA's today

Is of greater important than getting compensated with high draft picks by the NFL tomorrow so be it

I think most other NFL GM's, quite successful one's, will always take the 3rd round and 4th round picks

But hey, whadda they know?

Our fan base seems convinced comp picks rarely work out???????

Yet at the same time talk about how Kevin Seymour will surely make a big impact in 2017

lol

jc

Edited by wilcoam

I was going to post a similar thought, but you put it much more eloquently than I would have.

Wow, what time period do you live in? Dropping the R-Word like that to throw shade at another poster for some petty disagreement you're having over the Internet on a Buffalo Bills MessageBoard. Get ahold of yourself, please. You degrade the human race when you so casually toss around hate speech. I'll leave you with this.. I'd be willing to bet a good portion of this board has a family member or friend who faces the world each day with bigger barriers to overcome than you can imagine. Take a class in sensitivity...

Oh and this is not *Sarcasm* but I'm sure it could be taken that way and this is why that method of humor, which is dependent on tone or interactive mediums that would show a persons expression, rarely hits home here.

But you'll keep trying won't ya?

There seems to be a common perception here that a player's agent can't disclose the terms of an offer from the Bills to other teams. Apart from everyone's off-the-cuff based-on-no-facts opinion, does anyone have a link to some sort of code of conduct that governs what NFLPA agents can disclose about the contents of a team's offer to a free agent player they represent?

In most fields of endeavor, if someone is your "agent," that agent has an obligation to get the best possible result for you, the principal party that he represents. That means it would be misconduct for the agent to FAIL to disclose the terms of Team A's offer if doing so would help the player get a better offer from Team "B." Playing one party's bid off against another to get a better deal for their principal is probably the main thing agents get paid for in most business contexts. Be it real estate sales, talent contracts for movies, whatever.

It's certainly possible that there could be some negotiated aspect of the NFL labor agreement that puts unusual rules in place that are specific to NFLPA-registered agents, but I would find that surprising. In part because if rules restricting disclosure do exist, they would be pretty tough to enforce.

Bills, WR Andre Holmes say no deal yet despite NFLPA records

8:20 PM ET
  • Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

A three-year, $4.5 million contract between wide receiver Andre Holmes and the Buffalo Bills was filed Wednesday with the NFL Players Association, documents obtained by ESPN showed.

Despite the deal appearing along with other completed contracts in NFLPA records, a Bills spokesperson said Wednesday there has been no deal signed between the two sides. Holmes also tweeted Wednesday afternoon that he had not signed with any team.

An NFLPA spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment from ESPN.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

@draftdiamonds

@SalSports the funny thing is today the NFLPA sent out information to agents telling them if they give out info they can be suspended

@salsports

Yep. This happened today. I can confirm.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Back onto topic. I really could give a sh*t about a comp pick. I tried to get that point across in a different thread about said types of picks, explaining how we had too many open roster spots to not sign people. I personally hope we do sign Holmes. He's a big body WR who, when given the chance, had pretty solid production. I hope we sign Claiborne as well. I hope we sign every player we can that makes the team better. If it's Whaley's way of pissing in the Corn Flakes of the Buffalo masses, ruining the hopes of all those looking to put their faith in the NFL to hand us a couple extra picks, then tell them all to grab a spoon and shovel away.

you don't worry about comp picks when trying to improve the team, what are we supposed to do, just rely on the draft for our numerous holes ??

The comp picks are only important if you're tanking, which we are not doing.

Read through the whole thing my friend.

Also, just so everyone is aware, I apologized for saying what I said. My statement was out of line and in bad taste. I let frustration get the best of me in that moment. Have a good Thursday everyone.