Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

An advisory group of Norwegian sociology and history professors is going to award a Nobel Peace Prize to someone who's withdrawn from the Paris Accords and the JCPOA?

Never gonna happen.  Giving Trump a Novel Peace Prize is a statement that the 2007, 2009, 2012, and 2017 prizes were bull ****.

I don't think the Peace prize is all that novel. It's been around for many years.

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Breaking: DPRK cancels meeting with South Korea and threatens to cancel summit with US over joint military exercises going on now... 

(will be watching, not alarmed, just reporting)

Trump's response will be very interesting

The responses in that thread to the news are... enlightening. 

Lots of people are happy at this (possibly fake) news because they'd rather keep DPRK nuked up than give Trump a victory. 

Party over country. 

But people are being given a chance to pick their side... hope they choose correctly. 

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Go figure. More fake news which was instantly greeted with ... cheers. 

Identify the ones cheering and remember them.

Possibly canceling summit.  Here's the statement by DPRK Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs.  Seems to make John Bolton the scapegoat with his support of Iraq War and overthrowing Gadaffi in Libya.  I was skeptical of the Kim Regime ever giving up their nukes given the history of the last 50 or so years of them building up nukes while deceiving America and our allies despite Trump's denuclearization rhetoric.  Looks like that's what's happening again, but hopefully something can be salvaged out of this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdSVznIV4AA7BTX.jpg:large

Trump easing up on ZTE seems more like China showing its power to order N Korea what to do.

Trump unexpectedly tweeted Sunday that he had instructed the Commerce Department to “give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast.”

The United States fined ZTE $1.19 billion last year as part of a settlement after the company illegally shipped telecom gear to Iran and North Korea.

Just last month, the Commerce Department banned U.S. firms from selling components to ZTE for seven years because it allegedly broke that deal. Cut off from U.S. suppliers, the Chinese firm was on the verge of collapse.

Some observers have also noted that the decision came after reports that Chinese government-linked enterprises will provide $500 million to a project in Indonesia that features Trump-branded developments — that is, a project that will earn the president money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/05/16/how-trumps-zte-deal-could-undercut-his-foreign-policy/?utm_term=.16a00bb428bb

Edited by ALF

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Every lead story on every source news.google, WaPo, USA today, NY times, etc is gloating the threats to cancel.

Way to go media

They are losers, Trump controls their every thought 

59 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Every lead story on every source news.google, WaPo, USA today, NY times, etc is gloating the threats to cancel.

Way to go media

This is not true. They're reporting news. There is no gloating in any of those articles.

I'm sure, however, there will be gloating in editorials.

4 minutes ago, Real News said:

This is not true. They're reporting news. There is no gloating in any of those articles.

No.

This is not true.

6 minutes ago, Real News said:

Uh, it's not news until it's official you moron.  They most clearly are.

And that they're gloating is disgusting.  You really should learn to not post stupidity. You'd do better.  Try harder or give up.

Edited by Boyst62

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

This is not true.

Please post proof. 

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Uh, it's not news until it's official you moron.  They most clearly are.

And that they're gloating is disgusting.  You really should learn to not post stupidity. You'd do better.  Try harder or give up.

The news is North Korea threatened to cancel the summit. Their state run media literally said that. It's news. Below is a translation of a statement they released yesterday. In your opinion, should nobody in the world cover this statement because nothing is official?

DdSVr5ZVwAAgAyN.jpg

2 minutes ago, Real News said:

Please post proof. 

The news is North Korea threatened to cancel the summit. Their state run media literally said that. It's news. Below is a translation of a statement they released yesterday. In your opinion, should nobody in the world cover this statement because nothing is official?

DdSVr5ZVwAAgAyN.jpg

1) burden of proof is on you since you're disagreeing. Learn how to argue real austistic.

2) well, by that standard, you're correct. It's not official. That's called #fakenews. Something WaPo created when talking about Trump. It is sensationalizing an unfound even and gossip no different than tabloid trash.  Of course, as an austistic, you canmot disseminate trash from reality.  Don't forget, Wapner 4, you retard.

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

1) burden of proof is on you since you're disagreeing. Learn how to argue real austistic.

2) well, by that standard, you're correct. It's not official. That's called #fakenews. Something WaPo created when talking about Trump. It is sensationalizing an unfound even and gossip no different than tabloid trash.  Of course, as an austistic, you canmot disseminate trash from reality.  Don't forget, Wapner 4, you retard.

1) The proof is in reading the 4 articles mentioned. None of them have sensationalized. If they have, I'd welcome someone to point out exactly where.

2) It's not fake news. It's real - straight from the mouth of the Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of DPRK. 

Edited by Real News

2 minutes ago, Real News said:

1) The proof is in reading the 4 articles mentioned. None of them have sensationalized. If they have, I'd welcome someone to point out exactly where.

2) It's not fake news. It's real - straight from the mouth of the Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of DPRK. 

4 articles you listed. I read 5 this morning. News.googles aggregate sourcing had WaPo's lead as one gloating and sensationalizing that Trump is failing.  

It's fake news because there has not been official output from State.  Similarly, if Trump tweets something it's not official. It's bloviating by an overbaked Cheeto

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Negotiations are always difficult with the region, any progress is great news, any setback is fully expected

Indeed.

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's fake news because there has not been official output from State.  

Let me get this straight - the only news that isn't fake is official output from State?

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm sticking to it until it's announced otherwise... Deal's already done. This is theater imo. :ph34r:

I'd suspect the theater is directed more towards stakeholders in North Korea than anyone else.

Kim's a dead man if he gives away the store.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Real News said:

Indeed.

Let me get this straight - the only news that isn't fake is official output from State?

Negative. 

Official news is an actual statement saying that due to war games blablabla

Your tweet source doesn't have solid information. 

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Negative. 

Official news is an actual statement saying that due to war games blablabla

Your tweet source doesn't have solid information. 

We're going in circles now, so I won't muck up this thread anymore. Thank you for the thoughtful conversation.

7 minutes ago, Real News said:

We're going in circles now, so I won't muck up this thread anymore. Thank you for the thoughtful conversation.

We are going in circles and you present a full stop because you won't concede that the coverage of this is highly bias and generally misleading with a heavy emphasis on political spin to be against the Trump

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

We are going in circles and you present a full stop because you won't concede that the coverage of this is highly bias and generally misleading with a heavy emphasis on political spin to be against the Trump

For the record, I'm specifically talking about the 3 articles released this morning on the topic from NYT, WAPO, & USA Today. The article at the top of news.google is the USA Today article. These three articles covered the statements made by Kim Kye Gwan and were not misleading against Trump.

Certainly other coverage (even within the 3 papers mentioned) will be biased. It will be found under Editorial. 

I do not present a full stop. I welcome you or someone else to quote from those 3 articles any biases or misleading statements. Until you or someone else does so, I'm done in this thread.

Edited by Real News

1 minute ago, Real News said:

For the record, I'm specifically talking about the 3 articles released this morning on the topic from NYT, WAPO, & USA Today. The article at the top of news.google is the USA Today article. These three articles covered the statements made by Kim Kye Gwan and were not misleading against Trump.

Certainly other coverage (even within the 3 papers mentioned) will be biased. It will be found under Editorial. 

I do not present a full stop. I welcome you or someone else to quote from those 3 articles any biases or misleading statements. Until you or someone else refuses to do so, I'm done in this thread.

Well, that's a shame since I'd like to see your defense of the three media outlets of the deep state.

3 hours ago, Real News said:

In your opinion, should nobody in the world cover this statement because nothing is official?

DdSVr5ZVwAAgAyN.jpg

I'm jumping in separate of your two's conversation (forgive me) - but they absolutely should cover it... but do so honestly. DPRK state sponsored media is as accurate and reliable as Pravda. They should at least acknowledge that truth, as well as the truth that posturing for his own people (in an closed media system inside DPRK) is standard practice for Kim and his family. 

I'm holding to my position until the information changes. Everything I'm still hearing is that there is no fracture. Kim and Trump speak (perhaps regularly), the deal was carved out in November and agreed to in March. June 12th will happen and will be surprising in its efficiency. 

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I'd suspect the theater is directed more towards stakeholders in North Korea than anyone else.

Kim's a dead man if he gives away the store.

I agree this is a strong possibility and shouldn't be overlooked. :beer:

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

No, they're just buffoons.

The NY Times and WaPo especially are dangerous because they carry a veneer of legitimacy.

...And they have a long, established history of being cut-outs for Langley specifically. And as I've postulated before, there are billions of reasons why certain folks in Langley (former folks now) and Iran who would want to scuttle this deal.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...And they have a long, established history of being cut-outs for Langley specifically. And as I've postulated before, there are billions of reasons why certain folks in Langley (former folks now) and Iran who would want to scuttle this deal.

They're not folks anymore?

• Haha (+1) 2

A dictator gives up his nuclear weapons programme voluntarily, assured that in return his country will be allowed to come in from the international cold. A few years later, however, he is overthrown thanks to Nato and American bombing, hunted down and lynched.

Pyongyang has focused on what happened to Libya, and specifically on what was said by Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, John Bolton, who has declared that the Libyan disarmament would be the template the US wants for North Korea. Pyongyang’s vice foreign minister, Kim Kye-gwan, was personal in condemnation about Bolton: “We do not hide our feelings of repugnance towards him,” he stated.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/john-bolton-north-korea-donald-trump-libya-kim-jong-un-bannon-pompeo-a8354206.html

As long as China guarantees N Korea security and no regime change this should not be a issue 

On 5/16/2018 at 3:51 PM, ALF said:

A dictator gives up his nuclear weapons programme voluntarily, assured that in return his country will be allowed to come in from the international cold. A few years later, however, he is overthrown thanks to Nato and American bombing, hunted down and lynched.

Pyongyang has focused on what happened to Libya, and specifically on what was said by Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, John Bolton, who has declared that the Libyan disarmament would be the template the US wants for North Korea. Pyongyang’s vice foreign minister, Kim Kye-gwan, was personal in condemnation about Bolton: “We do not hide our feelings of repugnance towards him,” he stated.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/john-bolton-north-korea-donald-trump-libya-kim-jong-un-bannon-pompeo-a8354206.html

As long as China guarantees N Korea security and no regime change this should not be a issue 

Which American leader was responsible for that fiasco again?

BD061543-E1D0-4FE0-A69E-61315DB7658B.jpeg