If you had to choose 1 out of the 10, who would it be?

If Adams, Allen, Foster, & Hooker are gone I take Lattimore or Howard.

Do you realize that 4 out of the 6 players you mentioned have injury concerns?

I just don't think the Bills are going to take a player with injury concerns because of Watkins, Lawson and Ragland. If a high rated player drops who has these kind of issues, then I'd suspect they'd either trade out or take the healthiest player they have rated the highest.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His surgery was scheduled before the combine, which is why he finished his entire workout

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18663550/washington-huskies-john-ross-surgery-nfl-combine

Also, if you can watch Ross play, see the 23 TDs he scored as a senior, and look at the level of competition that he faced, and still compare him to Goodwin and Parrish, then I have to ask what you're seeing to make the comparison?

His future scheduled shoulder surgery didnt cause his legs to cramp. Nor did his extensive previous knee surgery on both knees didnt cause his legs to cramp up at the combine to the point where if it were a game he like would have to sit out series. Nor did his shoulder Injury.

Huskies and ross played pac 12.

Goodwin and Texas played big 12.

Roscoe and the canes played for acc.

This is laughable to insinuate that he played vs better competition. Are you aware of who plays in what conferences? Pac 12 defenses are a complete joke.

Ross has one year of production against a mediocre cast of Pac 12 defenses. There is literally no way he is worth a 10.

His future scheduled shoulder surgery didnt cause his legs to cramp. Nor did his extensive previous knee surgery on both knees didnt cause his legs to cramp up at the combine to the point where if it were a game he like would have to sit out series. Nor did his shoulder Injury.

Huskies and ross played pac 12.

Goodwin and Texas played big 12.

Roscoe and the canes played for acc.

This is laughable to insinuate that he played vs better competition. Are you aware of who plays in what conferences? Pac 12 defenses are a complete joke.

Ross has one year of production against a mediocre cast of Pac 12 defenses. There is literally no way he is worth a 10.

23 TDs and did it against guys like Adoree Jackson and Chidobe Awuzie.

Honestly, it's okay to actually pay attention to facts and form your opinion around them as opposed to starting with a worldview and working from there.

That's how you end up making statements like 23 TDs = mediocre production

:lol:

But yes, let's compare him to Goodwin and Parrish--whose entire combined college careers resulted in only 23 TDs

Also, his apparent lower-body injury was so bad that he missed zero percent of his workout as planned.

Edited by thebandit27

23 TDs and did it against guys like Adoree Jackson and Chidobe Awuzie.

Honestly, it's okay to actually pay attention to facts and form your opinion around them as opposed to starting with a worldview and working from there.

That's how you end up making statements like 23 TDs = mediocre production

:lol:

But yes, let's compare him to Goodwin and Parrish--whose entire combined college careers resulted in only 23 TDs

Also, his apparent lower-body injury was so bad that he missed zero percent of his workout as planned.

Your right what was I thinking. You could actually start by putting his correct stats up there which is 24. Secondly you could start by realizing the young man had surgery on an acl, meniscus, and microfracture surgery, now he has a torn labrum requiring surgery. Know who else had shoulder surgery recently? Wonder how long he was gone for? Wonder if the Bills or anyone want to use a 10th on a player that if he wasnt the fastest at the combine in shorts and a thirt (where real football isnt played) noone would care. Coupled with the fact that he played one year only largley due to a multitude of injuries, against mediocre talent, small frame, and ran one time at the combine and was gimpy at that too. Im glad you aren t associated with the scouting department of my favorite team. Hey lets pick the smallest, fastest wr, with the larger injury history that played against worse competition than you know a Mike Williams guy who had production for more than one year, against better competition, oh by the way hes got 35 lbs on him and about half a foot. Seems right. Lol

Your right what was I thinking. You could actually start by putting his correct stats up there which is 24. Secondly you could start by realizing the young man had surgery on an acl, meniscus, and microfracture surgery, now he has a torn labrum requiring surgery. Know who else had shoulder surgery recently? Wonder how long he was gone for? Wonder if the Bills or anyone want to use a 10th on a player that if he wasnt the fastest at the combine in shorts and a thirt (where real football isnt played) noone would care. Coupled with the fact that he played one year only largley due to a multitude of injuries, against mediocre talent, small frame, and ran one time at the combine and was gimpy at that too. Im glad you aren t associated with the scouting department of my favorite team. Hey lets pick the smallest, fastest wr, with the larger injury history that played against worse competition than you know a Mike Williams guy who had production for more than one year, against better competition, oh by the way hes got 35 lbs on him and about half a foot. Seems right. Lol

You're grasping at straws to knock the kid for reasons that I'll never know (though I do appreciate the stat correction--apparently he out-produced the other two by 1 TD in a single season; definitely debunks my point :D )

Also, just go right ahead and show me where I said he's a better receiver than Williams...I'll wait.

I believe the issue I took is that he's in no way comparable to Parrish or Goodwin.

Actually, by your standards, his best comparison is Shaw Lawson, since they both had a torn labrum!

I'll give you this much: I did say, repeatedly, not to be surprised if Ross is the 1st WR off the board.

Edited by thebandit27

You're grasping at straws to knock the kid for reasons that I'll never know (though I do appreciate the stat correction--apparently he out-produced the other two by 1 TD in a single season; definitely debunks my point :D )

Also, just go right ahead and show me where I said he's a better receiver than Williams...I'll wait.

I believe the issue I took is that he's in no way comparable to Parrish or Goodwin.

Actually, by your standards, his best comparison is Shaw Lawson, since they both had a torn labrum!

I'll give you this much: I did say, repeatedly, not to be surprised if Ross is the 1st WR off the board.

You keep jumping on his wagon. This is a thread for pick of who at top ten. We have number 10. If you are so pronounced on him as you are stating and now you say you arent suggesting taking him at ten then what are you doing in this thread? Hes oft injured, slight of frame, and has one seasonof production against far less strength of competition than the other two wrs. It isnt a strawman its the truth.

You keep jumping on his wagon. This is a thread for pick of who at top ten. We have number 10. If you are so pronounced on him as you are stating and now you say you arent suggesting taking him at ten then what are you doing in this thread? Hes oft injured, slight of frame, and has one seasonof production against far less strength of competition than the other two wrs. It isnt a strawman its the truth.

Read the thread. I answered that I'd take Malik Hooker

Since others brought up Ross, I figured--GASP--that we could discuss him :o

When someone makes an altogether ridiculous player comparison, the fact-finder in me wants to set the record straight--as I've told you before, if you'd rather have an echo chamber, just say so in your initial post.

So let me set things straight: he's not oft-injured; he tore an ACL and missed a season. He needed postseason surgery, just as many NFL players do.

I don't know how much weight you want a 5'11" receiver to carry, but 188 lbs is not small for a guy is height. He's actually the same size as Antonio Brown.

Lastly, lesser competition than the other 2? I truly hope that Corey Davis isn't one of those two--the PAC 12 is easily a higher level of competition than the MAC

Serious question: are you even trying to make a valid argument or are you putting me on?

Read the thread. I answered that I'd take Malik Hooker

Since others brought up Ross, I figured--GASP--that we could discuss him :o

When someone makes an altogether ridiculous player comparison, the fact-finder in me wants to set the record straight--as I've told you before, if you'd rather have an echo chamber, just say so in your initial post.

So let me set things straight: he's not oft-injured; he tore an ACL and missed a season. He needed postseason surgery, just as many NFL players do.

I don't know how much weight you want a 5'11" receiver to carry, but 188 lbs is not small for a guy is height. He's actually the same size as Antonio Brown.

Lastly, lesser competition than the other 2? I truly hope that Corey Davis isn't one of those two--the PAC 12 is easily a higher level of competition than the MAC

Serious question: are you even trying to make a valid argument or are you putting me on?

You are completely wrong.

First he in 2014 third game tore his right knee meniscus.

Then after the 2014 season he required microfracture surgery.

Then in the following season in practice he tore his left knee meniscus and acl.

So he misses the majority of his college career due to injuries that are significant and he isnt oft injured. In what wrong world of opposites does that make logical sense?

Do you realize that 4 out of the 6 players you mentioned have injury concerns?

I just don't think the Bills are going to take a player with injury concerns because of Watkins, Lawson and Ragland. If a high rated player drops who has these kind of issues, then I'd suspect they'd either trade out or take the healthiest player they have rated the highest.

So you wouldn't take Adams, Hooker, Foster or Lattimore if they're there? I know you want a QB but there's a chance QB isn't on our board at 10. If you knew the Bills weren't takin a QB, you wouldn't want any of those 4 guys?

So you wouldn't take Adams, Hooker, Foster or Lattimore if they're there? I know you want a QB but there's a chance QB isn't on our board at 10. If you knew the Bills weren't takin a QB, you wouldn't want any of those 4 guys?

It was Allen, not Adams who has the injury concerns. As for the other guys (including Allen), if it were something that lingers or seems ongoing, like hamstrings (Lattimore) or concussions (Foster). No, I'm not taking them. Yes, they may be great players, but what good are they if they can't get on the field?

I think injuries to big top 10 type of players are the biggest story that's not getting much coverage in this draft. There seems to be a lot of round one players who are injured. If the Bills are passing on a potential franchise QB, they had better feel real good that the player they're drafting is ready to produce right away like OJ Howard. Probably the best thing to do would be to trade back with a team willing to gamble on a great prospect who falls due to injury concerns.

if only we could have ALL of them

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Thank you.

It was Allen, not Adams who has the injury concerns. As for the other guys (including Allen), if it were something that lingers or seems ongoing, like hamstrings (Lattimore) or concussions (Foster). No, I'm not taking them. Yes, they may be great players, but what good are they if they can't get on the field?

I think injuries to big top 10 type of players are the biggest story that's not getting much coverage in this draft. There seems to be a lot of round one players who are injured. If the Bills are passing on a potential franchise QB, they had better feel real good that the player they're drafting is ready to produce right away like OJ Howard. Probably the best thing to do would be to trade back with a team willing to gamble on a great prospect who falls due to injury concerns.

My bad mentioning adams, I misread your post. I get what you're saying. I agree for the most part. There are several players I'd stay away from due to injuries. I just wouldn't pass on any of the 4 mentioned except for lattimore. Bad Hamstrings and 1 year of productivity in a class LOADED at CB. I'd rather wait on a cb than draft him. That thought has changed a couple times this offseason, but I currently stand at passing on lattimore.

You are completely wrong.

First he in 2014 third game tore his right knee meniscus.

Then after the 2014 season he required microfracture surgery.

Then in the following season in practice he tore his left knee meniscus and acl.

So he misses the majority of his college career due to injuries that are significant and he isnt oft injured. In what wrong world of opposites does that make logical sense?

First you said that Ross had 1 year of mediocre production: he had 24 (thanks) TDs

You then compared him to Parrish and Goodwin, when his senior season outpaced the total combined college career production of BOTH players

Next was the statement that he's too small, when in fact he's the same size as Antonio Brown

You continued by claiming that he faced lesser competition than Davis, who played in the MAC

Lastly you're saying he's oft injured because he missed 1 season with a knee injury

But tell me again about how I'm completely wrong...

Or don't, since it seems we're at that all-too-familiar point where you're no longer dealing in reality (and we're straying far from the thread topic), so I'll once again bid farewell

My bad mentioning adams, I misread your post. I get what you're saying. I agree for the most part. There are several players I'd stay away from due to injuries. I just wouldn't pass on any of the 4 mentioned except for lattimore. Bad Hamstrings and 1 year of productivity in a class LOADED at CB. I'd rather wait on a cb than draft him. That thought has changed a couple times this offseason, but I currently stand at passing on lattimore.

My thoughts have changed a lot this draft season. I'm still leaning towards the drafting of Mahomes, but next year's QB class looks like a very good one. Hopefully, the guy they draft will be a huge part of the turnaround everyone has been waiting for...and healthy! LOL

My thoughts have changed a lot this draft season. I'm still leaning towards the drafting of Mahomes, but next year's QB class looks like a very good one. Hopefully, the guy they draft will be a huge part of the turnaround everyone has been waiting for...and healthy! LOL

I hear ya. If we take a QB I really hope we can do so after trading down. I like Maholmes' upside the most but am a bit scared off after talking to a client who has gone to every TT home game the last 25+ years and is as die hard about tech as I am about the Bills. He like Maholmes but was shocked when I told him I'd consider him at 10. He thinks he belongs in the 2nd rd but might get overdrafted due to his arm. If he's the pick, I'm ok with it because he's a QB with a great arm and decent mobility. I'm just not sold on him or any other QB this year and I love the talent on the defensive side with Foster being the guy I want most. I think we have a massive hole at LB (especially considering the system we will be playing) and he fits BPA if he's there at 10 imo. BPA and at a position of need. I had adams and hooker right there with him but with the signing of Hyde and Poyer, I view WLB as our biggest need. Build the defense into a powerhouse. This is a great draft to do it.

I hear ya. If we take a QB I really hope we can do so after trading down. I like Maholmes' upside the most but am a bit scared off after talking to a client who has gone to every TT home game the last 25+ years and is as die hard about tech as I am about the Bills. He like Maholmes but was shocked when I told him I'd consider him at 10. He thinks he belongs in the 2nd rd but might get overdrafted due to his arm. If he's the pick, I'm ok with it because he's a QB with a great arm and decent mobility. I'm just not sold on him or any other QB this year and I love the talent on the defensive side with Foster being the guy I want most. I think we have a massive hole at LB (especially considering the system we will be playing) and he fits BPA if he's there at 10 imo. BPA and at a position of need. I had adams and hooker right there with him but with the signing of Hyde and Poyer, I view WLB as our biggest need. Build the defense into a powerhouse. This is a great draft to do it.

I think you are correct in identifying the need. And I do like your attitude about the draft this year

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

I haven't read through all 7 pages, but for me it's easy. The Bills are paying Andre Holmes $6.5m to be the #2 WR. We're talking about a team that's barely throwing for 200 yards per game. Between Watkins, Clay, Holmes, McCoy and others, we have plenty of receivers to catch passes. So for me, this eliminates Mike Williams and Corey Davis. Given that we already have Clay, OJ Howard would not be a priority for me either. I don't think Jonathan Allen falls anywhere close to #10, but I wouldn't take him either. Drafting to attempt to upgrade a position (presumably to eventually replace Kyle Williams instead of Adolphus Washington), is a complete waste of a pick on either Allen or McDowell. So now we're talking about a Bills team that will be running a 4-3 defense. Either Ragland or Brown will start in the middle. Reuben Foster becomes another luxury pick. All that's left for me to really get vexed about is the defensive backs and the offensive lineman. In order, I would take Hooker first. Safety is the single most important position for the Bills to fill. Micah Hyde is a flexible defensive back that moves all over the field, but can play Strong Safety. Hooker is a definitive upgrade. Adams would be my second choice, with safety still being the priority. After that, I wouldn't pass on Lattimore. The Bills don't know what they have with Seymour yet and the loss of Gilmore was significant. Robinson would be my 4th choice. Mills was just OK, although I'm reminded that this line still led the NFL in rushing and YPC. I hesitate to call them terrible. That's my take for what it's worth. With 6 draft picks, I want to see them fill holes and not simply draft a guy that may or may not be an upgrade to what they already have.

First you said that Ross had 1 year of mediocre production: he had 24 (thanks) TDs

You then compared him to Parrish and Goodwin, when his senior season outpaced the total combined college career production of BOTH players

Next was the statement that he's too small, when in fact he's the same size as Antonio Brown

You continued by claiming that he faced lesser competition than Davis, who played in the MAC

Lastly you're saying he's oft injured because he missed 1 season with a knee injury

But tell me again about how I'm completely wrong...

Or don't, since it seems we're at that all-too-familiar point where you're no longer dealing in reality (and we're straying far from the thread topic), so I'll once again bid farewell

First you were wrong about his td production.

Then you were wrong about his level of competition vs roscoe and goodwins.

The only thing you uave said that is even remotely true is that he is the same size as Antonio Brown. You know who else was Roscoe and Goodwin. He missed two seasons. One with a torn meniscus the other with a torn meniscus and acl. Why do you continue to lie? Now hes scheduled for a shoulder surgery and likely to miss quite abit of time at the beginning of the season. The only reason hes being talkes about at all is his speed. That isnt a reason to remotely draft him anywhere near 10 with 4 significant injuries, a bery small frame, one year of production against low competion. You might want to step away from the keyboard abit.

The only thing you uave said that is even remotely true is that he is the same size as Antonio Brown. You know who else was Roscoe and Goodwin. He missed two seasons. One with a torn meniscus the other with a torn meniscus and acl. Why do you continue to lie? Now hes scheduled for a shoulder surgery and likely to miss quite abit of time at the beginning of the season. The only reason hes being talkes about at all is his speed. That isnt a reason to remotely draft him anywhere near 10 with 4 significant injuries, a bery small frame, one year of production against low competion. You might want to step away from the keyboard abit.

You're comparing 2 WRs that produced next to nothing in college to a player that produced at a very high level. The only knock on Ross imo is the micro fracture surgery, yet he came back from that and produced at a very high level and is one of the fastest players ever. He runs good routes and gets good separation, two things Williams has issues with. While I hope we don't select a WR in rd 1, if we took Ross, I understand why. He's a gamebreaking type WR.

Continueing to bring up how Bandit got his TD total wrong (by one) is just making your argument look weaker

Wow. This caps off one of the most profoundly ignorant and insulting series of posts in the history of TSW. Congratulations. After only 296 posts, you are on a pace to re-write the record book.

Sorry, I should've picked up on the schtick sooner.

My bad.

Jamal Adams.

Even though I've been slightly frustrated by Whaley's love of drafting ACC and SEC players, who have no idea how to play in the cold, the Bills need another safety and he's slightly better than Hooker IMO. Even before Hooker's injury. In any event he probably won't last until 10.

yes - correct answer

You're comparing 2 WRs that produced next to nothing in college to a player that produced at a very high level. The only knock on Ross imo is the micro fracture surgery, yet he came back from that and produced at a very high level and is one of the fastest players ever. He runs good routes and gets good separation, two things Williams has issues with. While I hope we don't select a WR in rd 1, if we took Ross, I understand why. He's a gamebreaking type WR.

Continueing to bring up how Bandit got his TD total wrong (by one) is just making your argument look weaker

What?

Ross production: 114 rec 1729 yds

Goodwin: 120 rec 1364 yds

Parrish: 86 rec 1355

Thats about as close as you can get. They were playing against better defenses than the likes of the oft injured Ross.

There is no possible way he is worth a top ten and picking him in the first round alone is questionable with everything considered.

Wow. This caps off one of the most profoundly ignorant and insulting series of posts in the history of TSW. Congratulations. After only 296 posts, you are on a pace to re-write the record book.

What part was ignorant?

The part where he claimed one injury when he actually had 3 and was corrected?

The part where he said he isnt oft injured? When he was corrected that the kid has missed more time from his college career to injury than he has played?

The part where he was corrected about the stronger conference. I mean the PAC 12 screams high level talent.

The likes of Colorado, Wahington state, california, utah, ucla, arizona.

Cmon dont come here and bandwagon mean and act as if i said posted something that was wrong. The kid has had 4 major surgeries. One acl, two meniscus, and a microfracture surgery. About to get a torn labrum fixed and has only playe one true year of college ball with any results. Hea not worth a top ten pick regardless of what attacking posts you send my way.

What part was ignorant?

The part where he claimed one injury when he actually had 3 and was corrected?

The part where he said he isnt oft injured? When he was corrected that the kid has missed more time from his college career to injury than he has played?

The part where he was corrected about the stronger conference. I mean the PAC 12 screams high level talent.

The likes of Colorado, Wahington state, california, utah, ucla, arizona.

Cmon dont come here and bandwagon mean and act as if i said posted something that was wrong. The kid has had 4 major surgeries. One acl, two meniscus, and a microfracture surgery. About to get a torn labrum fixed and has only playe one true year of college ball with any results. Hea not worth a top ten pick regardless of what attacking posts you send my way.

I'm not sure where to start, but let's go with your laughable statement that ACC and Big 12 defenses are superior to PAC 12 defenses, as if it's some sort of unarguable piece of received wisdom. Then there's your attempt to deny that Ross was an extremely productive receiver, but most of all the punk attitude you took with one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of this board. And I didn't even mention your third grade level spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.😃 Edited by mannc

I'm not sure where to start, but let's go with your laughable statement that ACC and Big 12 defenses are superior to PAC 12 defenses, as if it's some sort of unarguable piece of received wisdom. Then there's your attempt to deny that Ross was an extremely productive receiver, but most of all the punk attitude you took with one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of this board. And I didn't even mention your third grade level spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.😃

Hes not very knowledgeable and im not a punk. I showed you how knowledgeable he is he stated Ross was injured once and referred to that surgery as coming up meaning his shoulder surgery. He was clearly wrong. You cant be serious with this thought that the defenses Ross faced were better than the likes of the ACC and Big 12. Just because you respect him doesnt make him right, he didnt even put up the correct stats. Said he only missed one year due to injury. How much further wrong can he get? As usual resort to immature rant calling me a third grader based on my using an iphone on a message board. I guess when all else fails you have to hang your hat on something.

Hes not very knowledgeable and im not a punk. I showed you how knowledgeable he is he stated Ross was injured once and referred to that surgery as coming up meaning his shoulder surgery. He was clearly wrong. You cant be serious with this thought that the defenses Ross faced were better than the likes of the ACC and Big 12. Just because you respect him doesnt make him right, he didnt even put up the correct stats. Said he only missed one year due to injury. How much further wrong can he get? As usual resort to immature rant calling me a third grader based on my using an iphone on a message board. I guess when all else fails you have to hang your hat on something.

He IS knowledgeable. I'm also sure no one is perfect. Some are closer than others.

:)

What?

Ross production: 114 rec 1729 yds

Goodwin: 120 rec 1364 yds

Parrish: 86 rec 1355

Thats about as close as you can get. They were playing against better defenses than the likes of the oft injured Ross.

There is no possible way he is worth a top ten and picking him in the first round alone is questionable with everything considered.

Parrish and Goodwin never had 1 "good" season. Roscoes best season was 43-693-8 while Goodwins best season was 33-421-2. Put goodwins and Parrish's best season together and it's not as good as Ross's.

I also think you're overestimating how good big 12 and acc defenses are. I'm not saying that Ross will be Antonio Brown or OBj but if he's healthy, he's going to be a very good WR. Something Parrish and Goodwin will never be able to say. He's better than you think. After reading your posts, he's probably much better than you think he is.

He is most definitely VERY knowledgeable. You are most definitely incorrect and clueless in saying that one of the most knowledgeable people on the board is not that. You can be knowledgeable AND make a mistake. You're just nitpicking from one thread and are making an assumption based on that, not the many years of contributions and knowledge he has thrown our way. You on the other hand, have nothing to stand on and not a person who can voucher for your knowledge. I can vouche that that you're not as smart as you think you are

Parrish and Goodwin never had 1 "good" season. Roscoes best season was 43-693-8 while Goodwins best season was 33-421-2. Put goodwins and Parrish's best season together and it's not as good as Ross's.

I also think you're overestimating how good big 12 and acc defenses are. I'm not saying that Ross will be Antonio Brown or OBj but if he's healthy, he's going to be a very good WR. Something Parrish and Goodwin will never be able to say. He's better than you think. After reading your posts, he's probably much better than you think he is.

To each their own. I find the likes of small stature wrs far and few between to become productive number one wrs unless they have a Manning or Brady tossing them a ball. Meaning the ABs and DJs rarely work out. I suppose the kid could become productive in the NFL but the likely hodd of that happening is closer to no than it would be a yes, for that reason alone id say no. Yeah those gusy also had alot less catches each season thats why i olaced the catches next to the yards for reference. He was a more productive than Goodwin and Parrish but those guys were picks 78 and 55 respectively not ten.

But this thread is who would you take at ten. So would you take Ross over Williams and Davis? I cant and I dont know anyone that would. I mean I could be wrong but I highly doubt that barring a setback in Davis surgery that any GM will take Ross before Williams and Davis. Thats my last post on this topic.

In order:

In order:

1. Jamal Adams - SS // best football player on this list. all the negative reports are smoke.

2. Jonathan Allen - DL // hasn't checked all the boxes, but has come close, too consistently productive at a high-value position to be any lower on this list.

3. OJ Howard - TE // probably the second-best football player on the list, but positional value knocks him a spot.

4. Marshon Lattimore - CB // mcd's scheme doesnt place value on corners, so he falls to 4, but a ton of talent if you believe in your DBs coach.

5. Malik Hooker - FS // if it wasn't for injury concerns, i'd have him at 2, dude finds the f**king ball.

6. Mike Williams - WR // hard to separate from corey davis. would give him the slight edge because he's a better compliment to watkins, need that contested/redzone production.

7. Corey Davis - WR // this kids tape is f**king insane. so good i dont even worry about the level of competition stuff. injuries the only concern. like the character a lot too.

8. Reuben Foster - ILB // obviously, character is a concern, but has the speed and ability at LB that we need.

I may be in the minority but I would love OJ Howard. He's a monster blocker and receiver and would add a threat to our offense that we have never really had. Howard would impact the O more than Davis or Williams, especially since we want to be dominant running the ball. I think he could be the safety valve we wished Clay would be and be the 5-6 catch 100yd 1TD receiver that opens the field up for the run game and for Sammy.

I am not associating myself with the reasoning of Bill_with_it but I would share his disappointment if the Bills picked Ross at #10. I have a borderline 1st/2nd round grade on him. My concerns are not related to injury, or size (though strength does play in as I will explain), or even the relative level of Pac 12 competition.

My concerns are based on his tape. I think he struggles to get off against defensive backs who are physical with him at the line, I don't see separation based on anything other than his speed (and savvier NFL defences will find ways to take some of that away) and I don't see enough of him really competing for balls in traffic and making contest catches. Someone like Antonio Brown, who has been mentioned here as a size comparison, has always been willing to put his body in potential harms way to make a contested catch on a slant where a covering defender has committed to making a play on the ball. They are the catches that offer real YAC possibilities because if the receiver comes up with the ball then the over committed defender is out of position and the defense is on its heals trying to adjust.

What I like about him, other than the obvious explosive speed is that he is a really good ball tracker (that is where the Goodwin comparisons hold no water for me), he understands the receiver position and wastes no steps in his footwork, can play inside or outside and has really good hands (again... nothing like Goodwin).

If the Bills did find a trade back partner and wanted to take Ross in the late teens or early 20s I could get on board with that. If they want to pick him at #10 with either Davis or Williams on the board I think that is a mistake.

Adams ---- a leader for the secondary for years to come . .but won't be there

Thomas --- all you have to do is watch Rose Bowl highlights and given Dareus' recent history and Kyle's age .. need DL help .. but he won't be there either I believe.

OJ Howard ---- although 1st round TE's virtually never pan out (see Ebron for recent history) ... too much not to roll the bones ....

Regardless .. as Joe B has stated in prior articles ... please draft Zay Jones WR East Carolina (yes we hired there WR coach .. hint hint) .. .in round 2 ... my daughter goes there and caught a lot of their games .. he will help Watkins.

No QB till 3rd round or later (apparently 3rd round or 4th round) is where you draft NFL caliber starting QB's ... see Russell Wilson (3rd) and Dak Prescott & Kirk Cousins (round 4).