Whaley forget about receiver?

If nobody can tell were going to the power run game with the 2 FB we just selected, I highly doubt WR at 10, were going to run McCoy/Gillislee into the ground with Tolbert/Dimarco sharing all the short yardage and goaline duties imo.

that gets me hot.

they are going to grab Rec in the 1-2 rounds it seems at ths point

Please don't let Hunter go to the Pats!

seriously though. Hunter should be a Bill

There will be 10 guys in camp and at least one guy who gets cut that fans will lament losing.

well thats b sheet.

so done with this team. :censored:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley is one of the worst GMs in the league. His failure to address the WR position in last year's draft and rely on an Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins to stay healthy all season (while losing Chris Hogan in the process) should have been grounds for dismissal IMHO.

I agree.

As of today, the receivers on the Bills are Watkins, Powell, and Listenbee. Even if they resigned Hunter, added a free agent like Patterson and drafted someone, it would still be a shaky receiving group. There is still plenty of time in the off season, but I hope that they do something about this before it is too late.

You can't expect a rookie or rookies to come in and start and be effective, particularly if they are not top talents (i.e., not drafted in the first round). It is ridiculous that right now we do not have any real WRs after Sammy, who has had significant injury issues to this point. I get it that it is early in the free agency period, but the top WR free agents are gone and even some of the lesser quality WRs already have been signed, such as Ginn and Wright.

Zay Jones ECU my favorite all around Reciever in the draft.

I love Zay but I don't think he's got the WR1 potential that Davis and Williams do.

He'd be a hell of a 2 and a great compliment to Sammy. The guy has an unreal ability to get open, but I don't think he can completely take a game over on his own.

We have Sammy coming up for a big contract soon, did anyone really expect Whaley to buy a big time FA WR when guys like Britt, Stills, Woods & Pryor are getting $8 mil?

I wouldn't even think of giving Watkins a big contract considering the guy can't stay on the field

Good news guys, I spoke to Whaley and he feels so silly for forgetting about the WR position. We had a good laugh about it. Expect him to address it sometime between now and training camp.

Edited by Big C

Whaley sucks as GM.

Not sure what the Pegula's see in him besides being a Pittsburgh guy?

Are you an Archie Bunker without the title?

Good news guys, I spoke to Whaley and he feels so silly for forgetting about the WR position. We had a good laugh about it. Expect him to address it sometime between now and training camp.

NOOOO! Why did you remind him? It would have been so much fun to go to camp with no healthy WR's!

seems watkins could be our 1 but being injuried all the time he isnt need to bring in steve smith sr to teach the man something about icing up.

b foolish if we let hunter roll. with some teaching he could be a good 3 or better depending on being clutch. alot of you are right wr filler dime a dozen...but the connection and scheme isnt hunter has been here we need to keep him just for that

seems watkins could be our 1 but being injuried all the time he isnt need to bring in steve smith sr to teach the man something about icing up.

b foolish if we let hunter roll. with some teaching he could be a good 3 or better depending on being clutch. alot of you are right wr filler dime a dozen...but the connection and scheme isnt hunter has been here we need to keep him just for that

He's not injured all the time. He had a rough go last year but he's one tough son of a gun. He had over 2,000 yds his first 2 years in the league and played in 29 of the 32 games and is only 23 years old. I know it's popular to say he's injured all the time but IMO it's a BS statement.

Julio Jones played in the exact amount of games his first 2 years and only played in 5 his 3rd year compared to Sammy's 8.

Sammy is a stud freak of nature. If you can't see that then you can't be helped.

Edited by Triple Threat

If the Bills are able to re-sign Hunter I would have no problem having Hunter/Listenbee/Powell/Lewis competing in camp for the #3 WR job. Listenbee has speed, Lewis has size, and Hunter/Powell both showed some good things on the field last year. I'd be comfortable that one of the four will take a step forward this year, and the others make for ok depth. The Bills still need a #2 WR which they will probably need to get in the first two rounds of the draft.

Not ideal but definitely good enough to get us through the 2017 season, especially if they are planning to run a lot of 2 TE sets anyway.

There isn't really anyone else in FA I think the Bills should get. Does anyone really want to lay out a $30mil+ contract for Kamar Aiken or Brian Quick?

If the Bills are able to re-sign Hunter I would have no problem having Hunter/Listenbee/Powell/Lewis competing in camp for the #3 WR job. Listenbee has speed, Lewis has size, and Hunter/Powell both showed some good things on the field last year. I'd be comfortable that one of the four will take a step forward this year, and the others make for ok depth. The Bills still need a #2 WR which they will probably need to get in the first two rounds of the draft.

Not ideal but definitely good enough to get us through the 2017 season, especially if they are planning to run a lot of 2 TE sets anyway.

There isn't really anyone else in FA I think the Bills should get. Does anyone really want to lay out a $30mil+ contract for Kamar Aiken or Brian Quick?

No, but I'm interested in Gordon and Floyd.

With the release of Marcus Easley, the Bills are VERY thin at WR. Wow. Not much left in free agency, will Bills be drafting at least 2 this year? It's been very clear Doug Whaley does not put much value in WR talent. Since being GM Doug has drafted 3 WR's, only 1 of them with an early round pick.

Sammy - Rd 1

Listenbee - Rd 6

Dez - Rd 7

--

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/billsfanatics/

Edited by wppete