Culture change has begun

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Doug Marrone did that whole blah blah blah culture change. How'd that work out?

Considering the poor guy had EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton as his QBs I'd say it worked out pretty well. The team played hard week in and week out. They overachieved based on the talent level, whereas Rex's teams here underachieved. Marrone still doesn't get enough credit for what he did. Everyone thought it was a positive that the players were happy to see Marrone go, well there was a reason they didn't like him.

Your such an awesome fan.

Why,Yes,I am. And I'm looking forward to a much needed culture change. But I'm not in the habit of bashing the entire organization during rough times.

You're such an awesome poster,FULL of infinite wisdom.

They went to the SB in 85 and 96 and were otherwise in the playoffs in 94, 97, 98 (twice with Pete Carroll). B got there in 01.yup,and before 85? I'm just making a point about perennial losers who made the change.It happens

Showing strong late in a week 14 game is not the most persuasive argument against the impression this guy gives that he doesn't take his job too seriously...

The next time Dareus is the best player on this team will be the first time.

And don't forget "build a bully"..

They can change whatever culture they want, EXCEPT they better not mess with the TAILGATE culture. That, my friends is off limits.

That's a fact!

It's been my experience is that loudmouth guys, thing Rex,think Greggo, are all window rain when it comes to cultural changes. You got to watch the quiet guys. They don't mess around, they don't try to make headlines, they just get the job done. So far so good I like what this guy brings - no stunts, no drama. Put the team together work the hell out of them and win. That said, I do wish we had a franchise quarterback but we have a we have, let's see.

How loud were Mularky, Juaron, or Gailey? They stunk also.

If you're good you're good all the other stuff (loud or quiet) doesn't matter.

Considering the poor guy had EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton as his QBs I'd say it worked out pretty well. The team played hard week in and week out. They overachieved based on the talent level, whereas Rex's teams here underachieved. Marrone still doesn't get enough credit for what he did. Everyone thought it was a positive that the players were happy to see Marrone go, well there was a reason they didn't like him.

The problem with Marronne was they had a dreadful offense. The defense played fantastic under Jim Schwartz. This in fact has been the sad story..

Gailey ran a great offense, but had a poor defense under George Edwards and co.

Marrone had a great defense under Schwartz but had an underwhelming offense with Nate. (They had the talent, but poor coaching and game planning)

Rex had the # 1 rushing offense two years in a row and had the lousiest defense

Can Sean put together all phases of the game and succeed. As the Dolphins showed this year, ti does not take much to get to the playoffs.

We seem to be living in a time when it is acceptable to make a false assertion that is then "fixed" by the asserter. In this case, the OP claims McD is cleaning out the dregs, the lazy, the malcontents and replacing them with finer human beings. Funny, I never saw Woods, AW, Graham, Goodwin or Carp that way. Guess I wasn't paying proper attention. Or maybe the OP is a devotee of alternative facts.

The problem with Marronne was they had a dreadful offense. The defense played fantastic under Jim Schwartz. This in fact has been the sad story..

Gailey ran a great offense, but had a poor defense under George Edwards and co.

Marrone had a great defense under Schwartz but had an underwhelming offense with Nate. (They had the talent, but poor coaching and game planning)

Rex had the # 1 rushing offense two years in a row and had the lousiest defense

Can Sean put together all phases of the game and succeed. As the Dolphins showed this year, ti does not take much to get to the playoffs.

You think Marrone and Hackett had talent on offense? I don't agree with that at all. They went 2-2 with EJ starting!! Think about how impressive that is. Rex and his staff couldn't win ANYTHING when EJ was in, not even against crap teams like the Jags and Jets.

I remember Doug Marrone did that whole blah blah blah culture change. How'd that work out?

....Marrone went overboard with his militaristic style.....thought he was General Patton......turned out to be Gomer Pyle......McCoach did remove the pool table and video games from the OBD facility....BUT....kept ping pong table for Ritchie.....

im just worried about cb and wr now. have to bring in a free agent or two at each position so that we arent relying on all rookies

....news says Hunter was to visit the Pats.....think they would sign him after the Cook deal?....would you take him back?......seemed to be developing a rapport with TT......IF and WHEN he threw it...

what makes him stupid? Or a cheater?

He's young still.Other than his suspension, which led to him being out of shape,how is he unreliable? Or selfish? And he is absolutely not a "cancer" to this team. Although,he better shape up,or he could very well ship out. I'm gonna watch this new staff before I think he's a lost cause in Buffalo

he is stupid for hurting his career and his potential for a little drups and pot. He is stupid for lying to the team and the fans about treatment processes which he had no plan to fulfill. He is no longer a young man looking to find his way. He is the highest paid player (of close to it) and has failed to live to his commitment thus hurting his team, teammates and all the fans. Even you suggest only one more chance, our only disagreement is as far as I am concerned he had his last chance.

he has been playing beside the most committed player on the team for a few years and that had no effect. By the time he grows up it will be time to retire. We let Gilmore go and he came to work. Dareus is a cancer.

Good read. I too believe McDermott is taking the right approach.

True to a certain extent. But a coach can surround Dareus with players that are completely committed to the program and team. In this way, Dareus is more likely to fall in line with those who are encouraging and pushing him to do the right things.

he is stupid for hurting his career and his potential for a little drups and pot. He is stupid for lying to the team and the fans about treatment processes which he had no plan to fulfill. He is no longer a young man looking to find his way. He is the highest paid player (of close to it) and has failed to live to his commitment thus hurting his team, teammates and all the fans. Even you suggest only one more chance, our only disagreement is as far as I am concerned he had his last chance.

he has been playing beside the most committed player on the team for a few years and that had no effect. By the time he grows up it will be time to retire. We let Gilmore go and he came to work. Dareus is a cancer.

He's a kid who smokes pot. And it cost him,more importantly the team and the fans. That's what he did. He is NOT a cancer