Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

all you guys with these great beers...if anyone wants to trade regional beers let me know, we have some great beers here in philly that don't go outside of the area, i know there are richmonders that can get access to the answer and veil, it would be great to get some trading going on

You ever had a Dead Armadillo?

Avery Raja Double IPA simply delicious....tastes nothing like an IPA, but packs a punch at 8%

Funny story, was out to dinner about 10 years ago with friends and another couple we had never met. Craft beer still relatively new.

Place had these in the 750ml bottles. the dude I did not know sucked one down pretty quick and ordered another.I warned him about the ABV...but he paid me no mind! after the 3rd, and a few wines lets just say his wife was not so happy with him.

I am blessed to live in a region known to produce quality hops. (Nelson-Tasman region/Top of the South Island NZ)

This year's hops were harvested about a month ago, so the local brewers are just coming out with their freshly hopped IPAs and Pilsners.

Last night I enjoyed a couple fresh pilsners. Harvest Pilsner from The Sprig and Fern.

http://www.sprigandfern.co.nz/blog/triple-gold-medal-winning-harvest-pilsner

I love this time of year.

:beer:

Let's go Buffalo!

Lagunita Little sumpin sumpin is pretty tasty. I was plan on working outside today, but the weather is miserable so I'm watching bucks/raptors in between painting and drinking beer.

That's a nice one, it's in my normal rotation.

For this evening's ferry ride I have a Brown Shuga but I'm not a big fan of this offering from Lagunitas.

Been quite the variety for me today:

Two Genny's from the can as I finished doing expense reports late afternoon

Two Smartmouth Alter Ego Saisons for happy hour/dinner

Couple 60 Minutes to watch the Wizards game

Finishing with a Show Me Sour from Boulevard..not a fan at this point, but could be palate is cooked from the evening

went to the Yankees game saturday and wanted to hit a couple breweries on the way out, preferably in Brooklyn as we were meeting my nephew. Decided on Other Half, have had their beers before and everything I have had from them has been top notch and ridiculously good, had 2 beers, first one was Imaginary Greenscapes, second was their Double Dry Hopped Cabbage, what an outstanding beer....wow. This place is what you would expect from a Brooklyn Hipster place, very industrial, no aesthetic appeal at all, but holy crap is their beer good. From there we went a mile down the road to The Three's Brewing, also some pretty outstanding beers...was able to snag a couple 4 packs, SFY and Unreliable Narrator, haven't tried them yet.

On a side note, buddy of mine was clearing out his beer cellar of some aged beers. He has 3 1995 Sam Adams Triple Bocks he is giving me plus he said he will throw in some that didn't garner any interest. Can't wait for the Sam Adams, had a bottle 0f 1994 in october, it aged well