Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

Had a beer guy here tell me about the Dogfish IPA'a when I was just learning about them

60 minute = slightly hoppy

90 minute = very hoppy

120 minute = what the !@#$ were they thinking?!?!

also the ABV of each beer...and i hate the 120

Had a beer guy here tell me about the Dogfish IPA'a when I was just learning about them

60 minute = slightly hoppy

90 minute = very hoppy

120 minute = what the !@#$ were they thinking?!?!

:lol: Perfect description.

I posted in the other beer thread...it is all brewed by Genny under some fictitious name.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/theres-something-brewing-in-the-walmart-beer-aisle-but-you-cant-call-it-craft/2017/01/22/cb5e5668-deaa-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.9ac6b062108f

BTW, i should add i am not saying that is bad...I hate to admit i drink plenty of Genny now that Wegmans has moved into Richmond...i even drink it when not gameday!

I never liked beer when I lived in western NY because Genesee was typical beer served at parties; I cannot imagine choosing to buy it!

all you guys with these great beers...if anyone wants to trade regional beers let me know, we have some great beers here in philly that don't go outside of the area, i know there are richmonders that can get access to the answer and veil, it would be great to get some trading going on

Creatures Comfort Tropicalia.

Absolutely delicious. 96 out of 100 on beer advocate.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/34456/118865/

Sounds good. Love a good IPA with hints of citrus. Goose Island is pretty "mainstream" for you beer geeks, but I like it for it for that reason. I love reading the reviews on beeradvocate.

Interesting question...is there now a beer equivalent to the wine sommelier? Must be a training program up and running by now at least.

all you guys with these great beers...if anyone wants to trade regional beers let me know, we have some great beers here in philly that don't go outside of the area, i know there are richmonders that can get access to the answer and veil, it would be great to get some trading going on

This is a cool idea, Pooj. I'd be in for a trade or two.

I'd be down for that.

Pooj, anybody up that way doing a good to great Sour program?

i'm heading out to Tired Hands to try and get my hands on their latest milkshake release, blueberry pancake milkshake....if you haven't had a tired hands milkshake, you need to, and perhaps i can be of service if i can get my hands on some cans

Looks like the weather will cooperate, gonna do the Pliny the Younger event tomorrow morning. Gonna try to get get in line by 8am, doors open at 11. Don't judge me. If it weren't for beer I'd have no life at all

That's on my beer bucket list, but I'm hoping I'll just stumble into it some day. I'm not keen on waiting in line for a beer.

I've been lucky enough to get some every year I've been here in Philly. It's really an outstanding beer. But I've found the events are worth the wait because even if you don't get the Younger they always back it up with an Unreal tap list so one way or another you're getting something pretty spectacular

That's on my beer bucket list, but I'm hoping I'll just stumble into it some day. I'm not keen on waiting in line for a beer.