Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

Went to World of Beer this past Friday and had a couple pints of Road to Ruin Double IPA by Two Roads Brewing Co (8%). Very tasty. That's the second beer I've had by Two Roads and I have been impressed each time. The other I had was Lil Heaven IPA. Only 4.8% but I really enjoyed it.

Not sure if a mentioned in this thread or not, but i am always a HUGE fan of Brooklyn Summer...but it off this year. Needs a little more hoppiness.

Also, have not seen the Sothern Tier Hop Sun on the shelves yet...see some Lemon Sun beer, but I really loved the Hop Sun. Hope they did not replace it.

In the fridge:

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (Delaware)

Brooklyn Lager (actually brewed in Utica)

Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale (Maryland)

New Belgium Fat Tire (Colorado...also now brewing in NC)

Not sure if a mentioned in this thread or not, but i am always a HUGE fan of Brooklyn Summer...but it off this year. Needs a little more hoppiness.

Brooklyn Summer in cans is my go-to summer brew...sorry to hear about the quality this year. What ever happened to Brooklyn '55 Pennant Ale? It was a great beer.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of new ones this past week for me.

Did break down and get a single of the Soutern Tier Lemon Dtop Sun, and really enjoyed it. Total Wine said no Hop Sun this year, so guessing this replaced it. Did end up buying another 6 yesterday.

Aunt Sally from Languinitas..tart, sour, light..enjoyed it as well..

Finally, bought a twelve of 60 minute in the can yesterday! Prolly the beer I drink the most, and I am a big fan of beer in cans! Have not cracked the first one yet to report any difference, but will this evening at dinner time. Just excited it is in cans now!

Edited by plenzmd1

Anyone in the Buffalo/Rochester area needs to check out Big Ditch Brewing's beer. It's my favorite. My best friend's brother is the head brew-master and they do a great job, especially with their IPA's. If you're a fan of DIPA, Deep Cut is amazing and won the award for best heavy IPA in NYS. Their regular IPA called Hayburner is always fantastic.

the resin is outstanding....just read that they are re-working all of their IPA's, i can't wait to see what they are gonna come up with

Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood and Sixpoint Resin tonight. Probably going to be an early one.

You need to try the Sour Monkey...it is a very nice twist

Sour monkey is much higher than Golden Monkey in my rotation. And I've never had a sour aside from the monkey so I'm certainly no connoisseur. Edited by RaoulDuke79

You need to try the Sour Monkey...it is a very nice twist

Spur monkey is much higher than Golden Monkey in my rotation. And I've never had a sour aside from the monkey so I'm certainly no connoisseur.

I liked the golden a lot. So I'll look for both the sour and the spur next time out. Thanks for the recommendations.

I liked the golden a lot. So I'll look for both the sour and the spur next time out. Thanks for the recommendations.

Don't look for the spur because you will never find it. Another case of this rat bastard autocorrect fixing something that isn't broke. Sour monkey is all you need to know.

I tried a beer today that tasted like watermelon. What is this world coming to?

We've had a few different fruity beers in the office lately and I tried a watermelon one too - don't get the appeal at all. But still, it's free beer, at work. Fortunately we also have Lagunitas and other varieties.