Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

We've had a few different fruity beers in the office lately and I tried a watermelon one too - don't get the appeal at all. But still, it's free beer, at work. Fortunately we also have Lagunitas and other varieties.

What do you do for a living? Jeez...I'm in the wrong business. Although having choice IPA's stocked in the teacher's lounge fridge just might be inappropriate.

So today was the 10th anniversary of a great beer bar along the main line in Philly, Theresa's Next Door. Stellar tap list highlighted by a 2007 Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. Holy hell did that age well. Such a great tap list that I didn't even consider ordering a Pliny the Elder.

pooj drinks his beer with his little finger raised.

there is a special tapping of bells something or other next friday. i'm going to a brew house to get it.

i've lost a lot of my acquired tastes in beer recently as i stopped drinking it as often but there are just some damn good beers out there. not much of a hops guy.

Maybe you should grow hops Jboy?

What do you do for a living? Jeez...I'm in the wrong business. Although having choice IPA's stocked in the teacher's lounge fridge just might be inappropriate.

Life working in a SF start up.

Speaking of SF, anything from Fort Point brewery. Had the KSA tonight with some delicious pizza.

Life working in a SF start up.

Speaking of SF, anything from Fort Point brewery. Had the KSA tonight with some delicious pizza.

That start up thing sounds like a long shot. Who ever made money at that? Maybe you could go for something more solid and steady for employment. How about as a crossing guard at an elementary school? Maybe you could keep a little cooler full of IPA's up on the curb? I'm just trying to help. :)

That start up thing sounds like a long shot. Who ever made money at that? Maybe you could go for something more solid and steady for employment. How about as a crossing guard at an elementary school? Maybe you could keep a little cooler full of IPA's up on the curb? I'm just trying to help. :)

Crossing guard at my kids' school probably comes with a six figure pension. And you can tell she was still hot like 10 years ago.

Cucumber Saisson. How do y'all feel about it?

:sick:

Just !@#$ing STOP!!

Crossing guard at my kids' school probably comes with a six figure pension. And you can tell she was still hot like 10 years ago.

What are the cross streets? I need a new client in your 'hood and hot 10 years ago for you is right in my wheelhouse today. :w00t:

:sick:

Just !@#$ing STOP!!

Chef, some of these Saison use just a hint of the fruit/vegtable/critter to give the Saison a nice flavor. Afterall, Saison is at its heart "Farmhouse Ale using ingredients of of the season"

For instance, I hate almost 100% of Pumpkin Beers, love the Pumpkin Hardywood Saison". Also love the Saison DuBuff from Dogfish..brewed with Parsley, Sage , Rosemary and Thyme.

Plus i dislike Gin for the most part, but my wife is getting me hooked on Hendricks and the strong cucumber flavor in that!

Chef, some of these Saison use just a hint of the fruit/vegtable/critter to give the Saison a nice flavor. Afterall, Saison is at its heart "Farmhouse Ale using ingredients of of the season"

For instance, I hate almost 100% of Pumpkin Beers, love the Pumpkin Hardywood Saison". Also love the Saison DuBuff from Dogfish..brewed with Parsley, Sage , Rosemary and Thyme.

Plus i dislike Gin for the most part, but my wife is getting me hooked on Hendricks and the strong cucumber flavor in that!

It's just my taste. I don't like the fruity beers. The only reason I put up with the IPA's fruitiness was because they had a higher ABV. I bought beer based on the ABV not the flavor. Reason number 1 why I don't drink anymore. LOL

It's just my taste. I don't like the fruity beers. The only reason I put up with the IPA's fruitiness was because they had a higher ABV. I bought beer based on the ABV not the flavor. Reason number 1 why I don't drink anymore. LOL

High ABV, bad for me!!! I drink em just like low ABV beers, with the expected result! I drink liquor at the same rate as beer too ..hence why i tend to stay with the beer outside an occasional Manhattan or Hendricks and Tonic!

Now, had a sour IPA this weekend from Devils Backbone/Parkway Brewing, Sixth Circle Sour IPA...did not like.

Not tart enough for a sour, not hoppy enough for an IPA.. the worst of both styles

High ABV, bad for me!!! I drink em just like low ABV beers, with the expected result! I drink liquor at the same rate as beer too ..hence why i tend to stay with the beer outside an occasional Manhattan or Hendricks and Tonic!

Now, had a sour IPA this weekend from Devils Backbone/Parkway Brewing, Sixth Circle Sour IPA...did not like.

Not tart enough for a sour, not hoppy enough for an IPA.. the worst of both styles

Yeah I'm a guzzler even when I drink soda. So I stick with the soda now. :thumbsup:

Just had this on the main board but figured it works better here:

I was at Urban South Monday afternoon and had that!! It was really good. (The Urban South DDH).

The DDH Envie is from Parish and they do one batch a year. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/257387/ It isn't as good as Ghost in the Machine or Opus Vert but it's nice. They are releasing a batch of the 4XDH Envie tomorrow. That's a great beer!! These Parish beers are extremely limited but it's the best brewery in Louisiana (imo). I follow on Instagram to see when they are coming out and then call 504 Craft Beer Reserve to see when they will have some (usually 2 Wednesday's after the batch). They usually set a 2 bottle limit and are out in a few hours so I get some and send the mrs. to get a couple.

Also, the new NOLA IPA (syncopation) is fantastic.