Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

went to tired hands in ardmore pa today for a couple tasty treats.  5 Leaves Vers. IV, outstanding stuff.  Picked up a growler of Seeds and Stems, holy crap...hate the hipsters, love, love, love the beer!

Went to Levante in West Chester PA yesterday and had the 2 beers they released with Hidden River(Douglasville, PA).  Both ridiculously outstanding beers.  So fortunate to be in an area with so many highly regarded breweries.  I am so glad to see other areas following suit with breweries that are pumping out some really incredible beers.  Life is too short to drink bad beer!

11 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

went to tired hands in ardmore pa today for a couple tasty treats.  5 Leaves Vers. IV, outstanding stuff.  Picked up a growler of Seeds and Stems, holy crap...hate the hipsters, love, love, love the beer!

Went to Levante in West Chester PA yesterday and had the 2 beers they released with Hidden River(Douglasville, PA).  Both ridiculously outstanding beers.  So fortunate to be in an area with so many highly regarded breweries.  I am so glad to see other areas following suit with breweries that are pumping out some really incredible beers.  Life is too short to drink bad beer!

We're not that far away. At some point we should get a beer sometime.

Picked up a growler of Rock Art (Morrisville, VT) 50 State Porter last night to enjoy with my steak dinner.  I've been on a dark beer kick lately.  Seems to be my pattern in the fall until I get tired of it.

Drank a couple tall boys of Heart of Lothian Scottish Ale after work yesterday with a neighbor friend.  Great little brewery in Middlebury, VT.  Relatively low ABV (I think 5.2) beer that has a nice, full flavor but you can drink all day if you wanted to.

• 3 weeks later...

big release this weekend....already several events popping up in the philly area.  If you get the chance to get a glass of this, i highly recommend trying(and i also recommend if you do get some.  Order a glass of this and another beer, let the CBS warm up a bit while you drink the other beer)

cbs-9fbc9c24db75c7f4.jpg

and while i am on the beer thread....was at my local bottle shop on friday and one of the regulars brought in a couple beers to share with us.  He had a Brewdog tactical nuclear penguin, this was a beer brewed back in 2009 in response to a german brewer that had just produced the strongest beer in the world at 32%(?) abv.  Brewdog made a beer and decided to start freeze distilling it eventually getting it to 33%(?) abv.  Being that it had aged 8 years, it really mellowed and was outstanding and you would never have guessed it was as high alcohol as it was...it was soooooooooooooooooo smooth.  had nice hints of raisins, plums, tobacco.....dang

IMG_20171124_144840.thumb.jpg.476f74838e013ed8f20bdd0d553d1d76.jpg

Sunday I had the Genesee Dark Chocolate Scotch Ale and the Coffee Stout. Way too much chocolate in the ale but the stout was good. Probably try the Toasted Almond Scotch Ale next, just for ***** and giggles.

52 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Had a Souther Tier Cinnamon Roll on friday....ill be damned if it doesn't taste just like a cinnamon roll. Good beer to sip by the fireplace on a cold night.....if only I had a fire place.

The wife was interested in this one. I'll have to appease her this weekend.