Tank You Very Much

Gugny

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clearly not a tank year. It is an evaluation year. We get to see how our established players fit into the new systems. Tyrod is a guy who can do some things well and based on knowing that, it will show different skills of other players. He's clearly the best QB on the roster and you don't just get rid of that because the fans don't want him here. Listening to those voices are why the franchise has been stuck since the turn of the century

I'm sure they just sold him on the attacking 4-3 defense and that was enough. Kyle has played for a losing organization his whole career.

No, they sold him by telling him they were picking up TT's option and not going with a rookie QB or Cardale, which would have been the sign they're tanking.

Edited by Doc

So...getting rid Goodwin and Gilmore and Woods (and keeping the offense otherwise intact)=tank nowadays?

Woods and Gilmore are easily replaced. That defense didn't depend on an "elite CB"--or Gilmore, for that matter.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I'm not on these boards enough to know who is who and when someone is being sarcastic, but there was a post earlier asking when tanks have worked in professional sports. Here are some examples:

Current Pittsburgh Penguins (see Crosby and Malkin)

Current Chicago Blackhawks (see Toews and Kane)

Current Indianapolis Colts (see Luck) (no Super Bowls, but multiple playoff appearances)

Current Philadelphia 76ers (I don't follow NBA that closely, but they are MUCH better this year than they have been in the last few seasons and have some great young talent with a bright future)

In my opinion, the Bills are not tanking this season. With a salary cap and free agency, you simply cannot keep everyone. Some guys can make more than your budget if they leave and others simply prefer to play elsewhere. I think the Bills are hoping to retain some key parts (Taylor, McCoy, most of the OL, Kyle Williams, etc.), add a few new parts (FB, K so far and more surely to follow), hope for improvement from injured players (Ragland, full training camp and season prep for Lawson) and a few draft picks. These things, combined with (presumed) improved coaching and discipline, could result in a playoff birth. They also could just as easily result in 6-10 or 8-8. The truth of the matter is that none of us, including Pegula, Whaley and McDermott, have any idea how it is going to turn out. That's what keeps it interesting year after year, even with the long playoff drought. And I don't think the Pegulas are driven by ticket sales per se. Of course, they want to be profitable, but Pegula bought both of his franchises because he is a fan himself, loves the community and wants to win. That doesn't mean that every decision made is going to work out, but I believe they are doing whatever they can to attempt to succeed.

Edited by msw2112

My opinion:

All restructuring Taylor's deal did was to get some season ticket sales in.

They brought in a coach who was not on anyone's radar. Brought back a QB who has proven that he's in the bottom 3rd of the league. Let Bob Woods, Goodwin and Gilmore go.

This is a tank season. It's clear.

I'm not upset by it, although I'm not happy with it.

Averaging 7 wins/season over the last 17 years hasn't worked. They can't do any better with this roster.

So why the hell not tank? It makes perfect sense.

This year, I'll be rooting for the Bills as spoilers beginning week 1. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Gonna be a rough year for your Mets . I feel your pain girl but I don't understand your outlook on Buffalo. Wouldn't KEEPING Tyrod mean that they aren't tanking?? You wanna tank for a QB next draft then draft one this year and start em. Edited by r00tabaga

So...getting rid Goodwin and Gilmore and Woods (and keeping the offense otherwise intact)=tank nowadays?

Woods and Gilmore are easily replaced. That defense didn't depend on an "elite CB"--or Gilmore, for that matter.

Woods, yes. Gilmore...

My opinion:

All restructuring Taylor's deal did was to get some season ticket sales in.

They brought in a coach who was not on anyone's radar. Brought back a QB who has proven that he's in the bottom 3rd of the league. Let Bob Woods, Goodwin and Gilmore go.

This is a tank season. It's clear.

I'm not upset by it, although I'm not happy with it.

Averaging 7 wins/season over the last 17 years hasn't worked. They can't do any better with this roster.

So why the hell not tank? It makes perfect sense.

This year, I'll be rooting for the Bills as spoilers beginning week 1. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

-Tyrod is a serviceable QB. Not great, not awful. About average in the NFL. And the front office is paying him slightly below average.

-Gilmore is a decent CB who cant play on an island / cant cover on his own for more than 15 yards....the Bills would be stupid to give him the money he wants.

-Woods is a decent WR who will be forgot in an instant if the Bills grab Williams at 10.

-Goodwin is a one trick pony....who is usually hurt. Listenbee or insert random WR name here from the later rounds of this year's draft can more than fill his shoes.

So what about all of this is tanking? Seems like they are making sensible moves...but we'll see what happens this season. To me if you have a top 10 scoring offense and a total garbage D, I'd be more concerned about fixing the garbage D, which may only need a scheme fix, and a lot less concerned about a front office that is keeping the core of the offense together and letting replaceable players go.

-Tyrod is a serviceable QB. Not great, not awful. About average in the NFL. And the front office is paying him slightly below average.

-Gilmore is a decent CB who cant play on an island / cant cover on his own for more than 15 yards....the Bills would be stupid to give him the money he wants.

-Woods is a decent WR who will be forgot in an instant if the Bills grab Williams at 10.

-Goodwin is a one trick pony....who is usually hurt. Listenbee or insert random WR name here from the later rounds of this year's draft can more than fill his shoes.

So what about all of this is tanking? Seems like they are making sensible moves...but we'll see what happens this season. To me if you have a top 10 scoring offense and a total garbage D, I'd be more concerned about fixing the garbage D, which may only need a scheme fix, and a lot less concerned about a front office that is keeping the core of the offense together and letting replaceable players go.

8903689.gif

This is why Gugny is a pro. Very well done. I should dance in this to have some fun but clearly, anyone who disagrees with Gugny doesn't get it.

He has a point and it is not to tank the season. And y'all too blind to see it

This is why Gugny is a pro. Very well done. I should dance in this to have some fun but clearly, anyone who disagrees with Gugny doesn't get it.

He has a point and it is not to tank the season. And y'all too blind to see it

The Bills aren't tanking the season.

Season ticket sales > wins when it comes to the Pegulas.

Glad you Bought tickets this year. what section they in????? You and your beautiful wife better come to the opener this year..