Tank You Very Much

Gugny

My opinion:

All restructuring Taylor's deal did was to get some season ticket sales in.

They brought in a coach who was not on anyone's radar. Brought back a QB who has proven that he's in the bottom 3rd of the league. Let Bob Woods, Goodwin and Gilmore go.

This is a tank season. It's clear.

I'm not upset by it, although I'm not happy with it.

Averaging 7 wins/season over the last 17 years hasn't worked. They can't do any better with this roster.

So why the hell not tank? It makes perfect sense.

This year, I'll be rooting for the Bills as spoilers beginning week 1. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is day one of FA, and the draft is still to go yet, so step away from the edge. But, it doesn't look good.

The losses of Woods, AW, MG, and Gilmore, to me only Gilmore is a quality starter. The rest are just another guy

How has tanking worked for TP's other team? Yeah that's not a strategy either

Is free agency over? Oh, no it just started. If they were tanking, they would have cut Kyle and Shady, don't you think? Probably cut Tyrod too and signed someone like Hoyer.

Season ticket sales > wins when it comes to the Pegulas.

Well it is day one of FA, and the draft is still to go yet, so step away from the edge. But, it doesn't look good.

The losses of Woods, AW, MG, and Gilmore, to me only Gilmore is a quality starter. The rest are just another guy

How has tanking worked for TP's other team? Yeah that's not a strategy either

I'm not saying it's going to work. I am saying that what they've been doing for the past 17 years hasn't worked, either. Winning sure as hell isn't going to happen. Only one thing left to try.

This team is really bad at tanking if that's the plan. Cardale starting would have been a better tank driver.

Again ... season ticket sales are very important.

I'm not saying it's going to work. I am saying that what they've been doing for the past 17 years hasn't worked, either. Winning sure as hell isn't going to happen. Only one thing left to try.

Again ... season ticket sales are very important.

I doubt Tyrod has a big impact on season ticket sales.

Lets at least set a good example for the refugees by not partaking in creating duplicate threads

I did a search for any threads about tanking that were started by me and nothing came up.

I doubt Tyrod has a big impact on season ticket sales.

You give this fan base too much credit, I'm afraid. A lot of people think that his pretty stats actually MEAN that he's good.

I digress ...

Yes, because everyone knows that tickets sales really drop when the Bills suck...

Please.

They don't drop. Because the Bills always find a way to generate excitement and false hope. Christ, RCW did it forever. He just ended up getting lucky with some picks and got four silver medals for it. Otherwise, RCW put out a total schit product and signed a sexy name to generate the ticket sales. Pegs carried on the tradition ...

I wonder, if we weren't in the AFC East with Brady, I think we would have gotten into the playoffs some where in 17 years. Pats are so damn dominant

My opinion:

All restructuring Taylor's deal did was to get some season ticket sales in.

They brought in a coach who was not on anyone's radar. Brought back a QB who has proven that he's in the bottom 3rd of the league. Let Bob Woods, Goodwin and Gilmore go.

This is a tank season. It's clear.

I'm not upset by it, although I'm not happy with it.

Averaging 7 wins/season over the last 17 years hasn't worked. They can't do any better with this roster.

So why the hell not tank? It makes perfect sense.

This year, I'll be rooting for the Bills as spoilers beginning week 1. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. Looks to me like they're going to build the secondary through the draft, hopefully we can land a LB, RT and WR through FA, I'm not expecting huge names but decent players who fit what McDermott's vision are. Gilmore is going to hurt the most for sure and I'm curious to see who we bring in at LB, AJ Klein almost seemed like a lock but it looks like we'll have to look elsewhere.

They'll win at least 7.... sorry.

If they do, I'll send you a 12-pack of your favorite beer, as long as I can find it in my local beverage store. Go ahead and write it down. I'm a man of my word.

They don't drop. Because the Bills always find a way to generate excitement and false hope. Christ, RCW did it forever. He just ended up getting lucky with some picks and got four silver medals for it. Otherwise, RCW put out a total schit product and signed a sexy name to generate the ticket sales. Pegs carried on the tradition ...

Ah yes, it's the marketing genius that is responsible for the ticket sales, not the great fans...