I need to Vent

This was a sad morning as a bills fan

Today, the Bills lost 3 of my favorite players from the drought

Stephon Gilmore, Bob Woods and Aaron Williams

Aaron God Bless man and I hope you stay in good health for the rest of your life, just hang um up and call it quits man, you earned it

Stephon Gilmore who has been a scapegoat of the Bills for years.. all he did was practice everyday, keep his mouth shut, and play... Was he the best? No... But we are gonna miss his talents and it's a double whammy he's in new england

And Bob Woods. The consummate professional.. His crafty route running, sure hands and physical blocking as been an intregal part of our team for years.. he never asked for the ball, or complained he didn't get it.. he just busted his ass for years and I might miss him the most

I hope we have a plan in place because we are gonna miss these guy's, and so am I

Good luck guys... Besides Gilmore... I can't even wish him luck in NE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron God Bless man and I hope you stay in good health for the rest of your life, just hang um up and call it quits man, you earned it

Stephon Gilmore who has been a scapegoat of the Bills for years.. all he did was practice everyday, keep his mouth shut, and play... Was he the best? No... But we are gonna miss his talents and it's a double whammy he's in new england

And Bob Woods. The consummate professional.. His crafty route running, sure hands and physical blocking as been an intregal part of our team for years.. he never asked for the ball, or complained he didn't get it.. he just busted his ass for years and I might miss him the most

I hope we have a plan in place because we are gonna miss these guy's, and so am I

yep. So long to Gilmore, thanks to Aaron,but dang! We gonna miss Bobby's toughness

I really expected AWill to retire anyway...

Would have liked to keep Gilly but not for anything like that money.

Genuinely bummed about Woods though. That guy will play for a long time.

Woods is SUCH a great guy to have on your team

He plays with so much passion and love for the game

Everybody should take his approach

i hate losing a guy like gilmore, but i think we all knew it was going to happen. the bills have been much better with retaining their own guys, but it's never going to be 100%.

i also wanted to keep woods, but for that kind of money, he was going to move on.

with aaron, again, we all knew.

this is part of FA. none of this should really shock us. it's not ideal, but this shouldn't rock the team.

i hate losing a guy like gilmore, but i think we all knew it was going to happen. the bills have been much better with retaining their own guys, but it's never going to be 100%.

i also wanted to keep woods, but for that kind of money, he was going to move on.

with aaron, again, we all knew.

this is part of FA. none of this should really shock us. it's not ideal, but this shouldn't rock the team.

But we lost a super talented top 10 pick

And 2 top end second round picks

Those are premium players you draft, so you retain them

i don't think it mattesr where you draft them, rather how they play, and whether you want to match fa contracts they're going to get.

losing gilmore hurts, but we new he was going to get paid. aaron is far too injured to carry on with, and i really loved woods, but would you have given him that contract. again, the bills have been retaining their own talent, (more so lately). I just don't think any of this should surprise us.

as of right now, these are just the standard, "i'm angry at the bills" threads.

Edited by teef

Well said. We all love the Bills here, so it sucks to see guys that you've been rooting for for years leave the team. I know a lot of people get angry and are always going off about how this guy sucks, or that guy sucks, or this guy's cap hit is too high, but even though we haven't had a good team in years, if you're following the team day in and day out and living and dying with every play on Sundays, it's not fun when your favorite players leave. Even Easley, who was out all last year and barely played aside from special teams.

Not at all costs. Gilmore is NOT worth what NE is paying him. I aim right at him then watch as he blames everyone else because he can't cover. A will needs to retire period. Woods is an ok #2, again not worth his paycheck.

BTW how many playoff games with these guys? Maybe they aren't as good as many fans thought? Seems the front office agrees.

it's the way of the business. seen it coming really, especially with williams.

they may surprise some with replacements from the draft and fa?

in this era it is best not to get too attached to any player and it is way too early to pass any real judgement on the moves (gilmore, woods) and really hoping aaron will retire.

Ah, the old "Hard worker" mindset. This seems to matter to Buffalo fans more than anything. :wallbash:

Bottom line, none of these players really put it together. Williams had all sorts of injuries, Woods was a nobody #2 receiver, Gilmore had long stretches of getting toast. I'm sure they worked hard, but it's all about production.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I hear you.... The only good thing we can hope for is that We get a younger, better version at CB like Lattimore or Sidney Jones, those 2 look like stud corners at it would be weird isn't #10 overall the pick Gilmore was drafted at? Fitting!!!

I'm not so concerned about S, the Panther defense I don't believe had any big named stars at the position, I may be wrong. I'd like to see a veteran corner signed and a RT, Witworth would be an excellent pickup, he's older but we could use some more leadership here.