Bills FA options at Right Tackle

Why not?

Because that is how you get your QB dead? You don't take your best blindside protector and kick him out for an inferior player, it makes zero sense and if you think Kouandjio is in the same league as Glenn then please pass what Dareus is smoking around to all of us, oh and then you will have the highest paid RT in history also, it won't happen anyhow.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He already got his big $ LT contract .. it's unlikely he'll get another one so what does he care if he plays RT

I want Groy at Center and cut Eric Wood to save $4 mil or so this year.

He is 27 years old, not 37. He will get another contract with some term after this one ends following the 2020 season unless his play completely falls off a cliff. It matters.

Exactly,. It amazes me how many people here can say Glenn won't care. Does anyone here actually think how things actually work in real life?? And many of these same people then rip the Bills FO.

It could be argued by his agent that playing RT diminishes his future value since LT is paid higher.

I think the Bills should resign Cujo asap he was a beast at the end of last yr offer him a 4yr 20mil extension u can get him cheap now because of his injury.

BTW who cares what Cordy is getting paid isn't it more important to play the top 5 on your line? Plus the right tackle position is more important then ever because teams have pass rushers on both sides. Lastly look at what lineman are getting paid this offseason it doesn't matter anymore where they play.

I am open to them trying CG to RT and CK at LT if they cannot bring a legitimate RT in (though I'd like to see them try CK at RT again just one more time in pre-season to check that it isn't just that he has come along and that it is actually the injury issue). But I will be honest I am a bit of an old traditionalist - I want my best tackle on the left side. I still see left tackle as a premium spot and I am not sure I want to take a significant drop off in that spot even if the flip side is vastly improved RT play.

Exactly,. It amazes me how many people here can say Glenn won't care. Does anyone here actually think how things actually work in real life?? And many of these same people then rip the Bills FO.

Tell that to Andrew Whitworth

He moved from LT to LG, and then back to LT, and still got two LT contracts since

Teams don't pay based on where a guy spent one season; they pay based on where a guy can play.

He's got 4 years left on his mega deal, so move him if it means getting the best 5 on the field.

He's the highest paid OT in the NFL; he'll get over it for one season.

If anyone thinks him moving for a year diminishes his value then they aren't paying attention.

Lane Johnson, Erik Fisher, etc. Guys that have shown that they can play LT get paid like it.

Lane Johnson, Erik Fisher, etc. Guys that have shown that they can play LT get paid like it.

And Fisher is really no better than average....

I agree with you on the contract value thing... non issue as far as I am concerned. My worry is purely about taking a say 25% drop off at LT for a 75% improvement at RT. I still want my best guy at LT unless there is no other option.

The problem is that Kujo had a bad off season injury. Would have to wait to see when or if he is in condition to play LT

Might have to bring back Mills to keep running game going at least

I think they have given Mills a price.... and if he can't get better on the market it would not surprise me to see him back. I would obviously prefer to upgrade though.

I am with the opinion of flipping Glenn to RT and letting Cyrus play the LT spot until we have better options. Glenn is already paid like a LT so he shouldn't mind taking one for the team this year. It puts our best OL on the field as CK showed he was a capable LT last year.

Unless Whaley has said something to the contrary, I'm operating under the assumption we signed Ducasse to play RT.

Vlad has played both guard spots. And I'm thinking he's the new swing guy. Recently signed Groy has experience at all Oline positions, maybe it's him that gets a chance at RT? Edited by BuffAlone

I am with the opinion of flipping Glenn to RT and letting Cyrus play the LT spot until we have better options. Glenn is already paid like a LT so he shouldn't mind taking one for the team this year. It puts our best OL on the field as CK showed he was a capable LT last year.

It does but it does significantly weaken you at left tackle, 'cos as well as Kujo played he isn't Cordy.