Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

So what's the total in guaranteed money?

What are the details after year 2?

Anyone know the details?

I'm loving that Taylor is thinking about winning rather than money. In the end, he's still set for life. I'm wondering Woods is next in line to re-sign.

Or him and his agent took feelers for his value and it wasn't what they thought, so they took what they thought was the best they were going to do.

It's funny how many were so sure Taylor would make as much if not more on the open market, but he let the Bills leave him twisting in the wind while deciding his fate on a lesser deal. That tells me he wasn't as in demand as many thought (including you). He wouldn't have passed up his 40 million guaranteed over the next two years for this if he thought he could do close to or better than that...you're in denial if you believe otherwise.

I said I would be fine with Taylor on a bridge deal that paid him around 10 mil for two seasons, and now he's right in line with that, so at least he's being paid accordingly now...near the bottom for starting QB'S, which he is.

I'm a bit better with this outcome because there is no way he was worth what he was due under his other deal, but I still believe this puts Taylor and the new coaching staff in the cross hairs right away. Things could go south really fast, but this is what they decided to go with, so time to hope for the best.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or him and his agent took feelers for his value and it wasn't what they thought, so they took what they thought was the best they were going to do.

It's funny how many were so sure Taylor would make as much if not more on the open market, but he let the Bills leave him twisting in the wind while deciding his fate on a lesser deal. That tells me he wasn't as in demand as many thought (including you). He wouldn't have passed up his 40 million guaranteed over the next two years for this if he thought he could do close to or better than that...you're in denial if you believe otherwise.

I said I would be fine with Taylor on a bridge deal that paid him around 10 mil for two seasons, and now he's right in line with that, so at least he's being paid accordingly now...near the bottom for starting QB'S, which he is.

I'm a bit better with this outcome because there is no way he was worth what he was due under his other deal, but I still believe this puts Taylor and the new coaching staff in the cross hairs right away. Things could go south really fast, but this is what they decided to go with, so time to hope for the best.

How did his agent leave Taylor "twisting in the wind"? He was still on the Bills. He wasnt an UFA.

Starting NFL QB coming off being named to back to back pro bowls at $9m cap hit. Whaley deserves a prize.

Until the Bills make the playoffs, Whaley will have to be happy with the green participation ribbon, that the 20 non-playoff teams get each year. He has seven of those since joining the Bills.

Bills continue to show mastery over contract restructuring and ability to get players to fit in at their number and seemingly take "fair deals" instead of ones tilted oin favor of the players, even when they likely could get more...not sure how they are doing it, but this doesn't get enough praise from people

Edited by matter2003

So Taylor's getting all the same money he was getting before? No pay cut?

Oh man... Thurman#1 is going to be really unhappy that something he thought couldn't possibly happen did...

That appears to be the case-the option bonuses are probably what makes it a year-to-year deal after the first 2 years, because the pro-rating of the $7M signing bonus conversion likely makes his release after 2017 a net loss of cap space.

Wow... you're still clinging on trying to be right in some way?

Honestly, you're really reaching at this point...

Here is a not so great stat.... Since 2015, Taylor is 2-10 vs teams that made the playoffs that season, 12-4 vs teams that didn't make the playoffs that season. :(

And the last time the Bills had a good defense was 2014 , so there is that. Team game, especially with an average QB. TT isn't single handedly responsible for all of those losses.

Here is a not so great stat.... Since 2015, Taylor is 2-10 vs teams that made the playoffs that season, 12-4 vs teams that didn't make the playoffs that season. :(

Here's a better stat, and Ill quote myself again:

Since 2015, the Chiefs are 15 - 1 in games where they score 25 points or more.

Since 2015, the Bills are 9 - 8 in games where they score 25 points or more.

Fix the defense. Make the playoffs.

well, Tyrod proved to be the upstanding young man i always thought he was. regardless of reports that he wasn't open to taking a penny less, he did so for at least this year, for the benefit of the team. i still am curious what the commitment to him is for the two year period. being that, right now we have ample cap room for '18, i'm thinking he has a larger deadcap hit than he originally had for '18. i hope the actual details come out soon.

that being said, i am still not sold on him as a passing QB. he still has too many deficiencies that he had back in college that haven't been rectified in the 7 years since he left. i am not very confident that he will ever overcome them. especially in a WCO where he will need to throw over the middle and anticipate where the receiver will be before he gets there. hopefully a better coaching staff, in particular Dennison, will be able to manage him to maximize the play.

Just had to mention NE...like they're the only team who makes good deals.

yeah could you guys just stop with that crap. i so tired of everything being compared to the team that had the biggest gift from heaven land just in their lap. literally ANY team and ANY decent nfl coach could accomplish what they have if the best passer in the history of the nfl floated to them like magic at exactly the time all the rules favor that one position

for the love of all that doesnt make me want to vomit, please stop riding their jocks