Bills signing Patrick DiMarco

CNY315

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, we won't get a comp pick for Gilmore, but we will get an all pro fullback, a backup Panthers linebacker and a backup Ravens WR. #BillsFootball

You're worried about losing a hypothetical pick in '18 at the expense of real help in '17?

PFF had him rated as the best run-blocking FB in all of football last season.

He was 1st team All-Pro in 2015 and has made the Pro Bowl two years in a row.

He is not as big a threat in the passing game as Juice (though he CAN catch the ball unlike Felton), but he is a superior run blocker.

My guess is the money in the Juice sweepstakes got too crazy for Buffalo's liking.

Besides, do Bills fans really want to be chanting "Juuuuuiiiicceee" In Ralph Wilson Stadium again?

Sorry guys, we won't get a comp pick for Gilmore, but we will get an all pro fullback, a backup Panthers linebacker and a backup Ravens WR. #BillsFootball

We have so many FAs that I would be shocked if they didn't come out at a net loss in UFAs brought in versus UFAs lost. So I would hope for big deals for Gilmore, Woods, Brown, and Alexander.

I concur, I have to see the totality of the Bills 1st day FA signings, but yes, I'd rather get a 3rd round and 4th round comps in 2018 than sign a bunch of minor low producing 2017 FA's that negate Gilmore, Woods, Zach all potentially signing with other teams

You do realize managing the comp picks is one of the ways in NE trumps alot of other teams in creating its roster, now Elway in Denver is doing the same thing, but hey should we emulate that, we've been managing just fine? Lol

jc

I get that people wanted Juice because he's polish and catches the ball well...

But let's not pretend that signing the best fullback in all of football last year is bad move.

While he isn't as big a threat in the passing game, he is better than Juice at the main job of being a fullback: blocking.

He will pave the way for another great rushing season and will provide quality pass blocking and special teams play to boot.

Good signing (though admittedly a bit high of a price for a FB).

I get that people wanted Juice because he's polish and catches the ball well...

But let's not pretend that signing the best fullback in all of football last year is bad move.

While he isn't as big a threat in the passing game, he is better than Juice at the main job of being a fullback: blocking.

He will pave the way for another great rushing season and will provide quality pass blocking and special teams play to boot.

Good signing (though admittedly a bit high of a price for a FB).

That was......logical.