TYROD IS STAYING

I'm just happy the decision is finally made.....I'm not a huge TT fan, but he probably was the best option right now....Let's see what he does this season and re-evaluate afterwards...

That's what's so crazy about the restructure, we basically gave ourselves an extra year of evaluation with little cap casualty if we decide to cut him loose. Even if you're not a huge fan of Tyrod this deal is not bad at all, unless you wanted the Bills to outright tank this season.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Mcdermott's D was worse than Rex's last year. The last two defenses Leslie Frazier coordinated were near the bottom of the NFL.

This doesn't tell the whole story. The coaching is a big upgrade overall.

That's what's so crazy about the restructure, we basically gave ourselves an extra year of evaluation with little cap casualty if we decide to cut him loose. Even if you're not a huge fan of Tyrod this deal is not bad at all, unless you wanted the Bills to outright tank this season.

Why, after 17 years, why would anyone want to tank.

:sick:

Another chance to draft a QB gone to waste..."maybe next year." (Or they'll try to sell us on Pat Mahomes or Chad Kelly.)

Signing Tyrod does not prevent the Bills from drafting a qb and for all anyone knows at this point, Mahomes and Kelly might be the best pro qbs in this class.

:sick:

Another chance to draft a QB gone to waste..."maybe next year." (Or they'll try to sell us on Pat Mahomes or Chad Kelly.)

They still have every chance to draft a QB. There is no consensus guy in this draft that projects as the best pro QB

Sean Mcdermott's D was worse than Rex's last year. The last two defenses Leslie Frazier coordinated were near the bottom of the NFL.

Well at least we know which coordinator will take the fall and be the one fired after year one of Tyrod just like the last staff with Tyrod. Same old Bills

I'm really surprised TT didn't call OBDs bluff.

Why restructure less than a year into a new deal? He would have killed it on the open market if they released him.

I'm fine with him sticking around, but I think we'll still be open to drafting a QB early.

If the rumoured terms are true and he has basically cut his guarantees in half then I think that tells you he absolutely would not have killed it on the market if he had been released and that all those who have spent 2 months trying to argue his old deal was "market value" for a bridge Quarterback were wrong. Which of course they were.

Well at least we know which coordinator will take the fall and be the one fired after year one of Tyrod just like the last staff with Tyrod. Same old Bills

You keep laying the blame solely on TT, which of course is ridiculous.

Your comment about McDermott's D last year is completely false. They were 10th in defensive DVOA and the Bills were 26th. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Note that Carolina played the eighth toughest offensive schedule and the Bills played the thirtieth.

Edited by dave mcbride

Your comment about McDermott's D last year is completely false. They were 10th in defensive DVOA and the Bills were 26th. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Note that Carolina played the eighth toughest offensive schedule and the Bills played the thirtieth.

Yep McD's defense really was killed by a bad offense. I wonder what the heat maps would say?

Completely false?!

Bills finished 19th in yards allowed last year. Carolina finished 21st in yards allowed.

Points allowed? Rex's defense was 16th in the NFL. McDermott's defense was 26th in the NFL. It's there in black in white but I can understand why you would want to change the numbers,.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/

Completely false?!

Bills finished 19th in yards allowed last year. Carolina finished 21st in yards allowed.

Points allowed? Rex's defense was 16th in the NFL. McDermott's defense was 26th in the NFL. It's there in black in white but I can understand why you would want to change the numbers,.

No offense -- I think you're a good poster -- but I personally regard raw yards/points measures as garbage/elementary school level analysis. They're not irrelevant, but they're ultimately the product of a lot of moving parts (offensive performance and turnovers, quality of opponent, the score situation in any given game, average drive start position, etc.). Edited by dave mcbride

Completely false?!

I personally find dvoa to be a bit more of an accurate representation of a teams defensive stats. We shut out injured jacoby brissett and buried the vaunted 49ers and rams...

No offense -- I think you're a good poster -- but I personally regard raw yards/points measures as garbage/elementary school level analysis.

It's how NFL coaches describe their own performance. I like advanced stats but the problem with them is there needs to be agreement on what we are measuring.

It's how NFL coaches describe their own performance. I like advanced stats but the problem with them is there needs to be agreement on what we are measuring.

Nfl coaches know advanced stats are better, but if they invoke them the Jerry Sullivans and Jay Skurskis of the world will jump all over them.

Nfl coaches know advanced stats are better, but if they invoke them the Jerry Sullivans and Jay Skurskis of the world will jump all over them.

Well, I agree that we need to move to a 4-3 defense. My main point was that Mcdermott is a good defensive coordinator but he is just another guy in the NFL. I think we can agree on that.