TYROD IS STAYING

Man the CoT orthodoxy is STRONG in this thread

I thought of you when I heard the news today.

I'm imagining it's not easy for you.

Maybe Tyrod will someday regain you, Ryan and Bobby's trust. And if not, at least we have some fun arguments!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"McDermott recognized his only chance to get off to a good start in his head coaching career was to get Taylor back, get him some help at wide receiver, and retool the sagging defense. If he could do those three things, the Bills would have a decent chance to contend for a playoff berth. But the key domino was Taylor."...Sal M.

A lot more rollouts with run/pass options

TT can excel at that. His strength.

"McDermott recognized his only chance to get off to a good start in his head coaching career was to get Taylor back, get him some help at wide receiver, and retool the sagging defense. If he could do those three things, the Bills would have a decent chance to contend for a playoff berth. But the key domino was Taylor."...Sal M.

TT can excel at that. His strength.

That seems pretty simple. And accurate.

It should still be run heavy.

Yes, but we'll see much PA and bootlegs. Half field reads but also some more complex passing concepts. More rhythm passes and screens. We'll also probably be almost entirely ZB on our runs.

It's easy to say "We'll run a lot too," but that's not really analysis.

Edited by FireChan

It's a little sobering when you realize the end result in Sal's mind is a 'decent chance to contend for a playoff spot', though...

Please tell us what HOF or elite QB you would have signed for 2017. Please tell us your plan to eliminate NE in the division. Decent is all it is. Without TT, it would have been next to no shot at getting a WC.

I think so. We'll see what they can do in FA coming up.

I am generally a Whaley supporter, but my primary complaint is the cap management. I wish we had more room to work with. I'm also curious about the 2 FB type guys. I get one's a pure blocker (and should make Shady happy), but I liked having a Gillislee on the roster! J Williams seemed slow to me, but maybe it was just me?

It's a little sobering when you realize the end result in Sal's mind is a 'decent chance to contend for a playoff spot', though...

It seems like paying zero attention to the media may be the best plan. Schefter had Tyrod gone just hours before the deal was announced. I do not miss Rex, his crew and the constant leaks.

I am generally a Whaley supporter, but my primary complaint is the cap management. I wish we had more room to work with. I'm also curious about the 2 FB type guys. I get one's a pure blocker (and should make Shady happy), but I liked having a Gillislee on the roster! J Williams seemed slow to me, but maybe it was just me?

His cap management has not been good considering we are a .500 team. I think we pick up a Torrey Smith maybe in the next couple of days.

Sounds like a simple plan...now let's see what OBD can do during the rest of FA and the draft to shore up the WR and defense.

Yes, but we'll see much PA and bootlegs. Half field reads but also some more complex passing concepts. More rhythm passes and screens. We'll also probably be almost entirely ZB on our runs.

It's easy to say "We'll run a lot too," but that's not really analysis.

Tyrod studying Russ Wilson's pre-snap reads and adjustments based on looks

Rex Ryan was fired because of the defense, not the offense. Anyone who disputes that has a personal agenda going on.

Ravens happened 111 yards passing from an NFL qb. (No really an NFL qb did that)

Miami game one happened. TT got pantsed by Kiko and Mario and the cellar dwelling fins d in crunch time

Pats game 2 happened. The guy throws for 183 yards while down a million. (Quite a feat)

Bengals game. TT was straight butt, but the defense won it for him by stopping Dalton and his 15,000 chances to win it

Oakland game. Pantsed by another cellar dwelling defense

Pitt game. 70 yards passing through 3 qtrs !! Oh that's just the playoffs out the window.

Your story is cool too though. TT was awesome and it's everyone else's fault.

Try not to be such a fanboy. The run game dominated while Taylors passing regressed to Osweiler/Keenum comp levels. Hope mcd teaches him some moves so that doesn't happen again.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Ravens happened 111 yards passing from an NFL qb. (No really an NFL qb did that)

Miami game one happened. TT got pantsed by Kiko and Mario and the cellar dwelling fins d in crunch time

Pats game 2 happened. The guy throws for 183 yards while down a million. (Quite a feat)

Bengals game. TT was straight butt, but the defense won it for him by stopping Dalton and his 15,000 chances to win it

Pitt game. 70 yards passing through 3 qtrs !! Oh that's just the playoffs out the window.

Try not to be such a fanboy. The run game dominated while Taylors passing regressed to Osweiler/Keenum comp levels.

Now you're just making stuff up. No one said that that I've seen. It's just a more balanced view with less agenda. Edited by Augie

Try not to be such a fanboy. The run game dominated while Taylors passing regressed to Osweiler/Keenum comp levels. Hope mcd teaches him some moves so that doesn't happen again.

Ravens game he was bad. First Miami game we were up 17-6 I think and the defense got gouged on the ground.And no Watkins again and McCoy was hurt. The second NE game Watkins and McCoy did not play. Defense was terrible. Pitt game the offense did finally put up 21 points. Defense was gouged again from start to finish on the ground. No on has said he is awesome. But he isn't this terrible QB the haters make him out to be. 47 TDs, 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing-yes he makes the run game go that much better- is not terrible.