TYROD IS STAYING

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I agree that we need to move to a 4-3 defense. My main point was that Mcdermott is a good defensive coordinator but he is just another guy in the NFL. I think we can agree on that.

No argument there, but I do think he's intelligent and highly competent based on what I've heard from Panther fans and what I've read. I'm hopeful.

Well, I agree that we need to move to a 4-3 defense. My main point was that Mcdermott is a good defensive coordinator but he is just another guy in the NFL. I think we can agree on that.

At the moment he is just another NFL Head Coach.... but he hasn't had a chance to show any different. His record as a DC was pretty impressive. He has always struck me as a leader too. I hope that is how this thing transpires.

No argument there, but I do think he's intelligent and highly competent based on what I've heard from Panther fans and what I've read. I'm hopeful.

It will be interesting to see what our first pick is. If McDermott is driving the bus I would expect a cornerback is coming in the first 2 rounds.

another guy sure. it's about talent so whaley needs to keep nailing draft picks for him to be successful. need some secondary help and this defense could be good.

Programming Alert: Rodack is going to be on Sirius to talk Buffalo.

He's not a fan of the Tyrod deal but both Ross Tucker and, well, whoever else is hosting thing resigning Tyrod is a complete NO BRAINER!

Should be a fun conversation...

Interesting convo - Rodack made his argument and Tucker and Greg McElroy disagreed saying they're not sure who else the Bills would have signed. None of the 17 QBs in the draft are a sure thing, this year's FA crop was not great.

They're argument was that TT is not an elite franchise guy, but is MORE than serviceable...

No offense -- I think you're a good poster -- but I personally regard raw yards/points measures as garbage/elementary school level analysis. They're not irrelevant, but they're ultimately the product of a lot of moving parts (offensive performance and turnovers, quality of opponent, the score situation in any given game, average drive start position, etc.).

Somewhere in the jillion articles and postings and commentaries it seems I've read about TT in the past couple of weeks, there was this stat: in 7 of the 8 loses charged to Tyrod this past season, the offense would have had to score at least 31 points to win. So, yeah. Tyrod had a bad game or a bad series here and there, but this stat puts the spotlight right where it belongs, on the Wrecks Defense.

I was ok with them keeping Taylor at the contract number he had.

Now I'm quite happy to have 8 million more toward to cap. From what I understand he is now the lowest paid vet qb.... even heard this restructure described as "NE like".

Hard to not like this deal.

this deal makes him easier to move.

A moment of silence for Ryan L Billz, Gugny, FireChan, Old School 1960....

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes this times a million!!

RLB n Gugny cool tho.

I know you were on the team release TT....What do you think of the move in light of the restructure? Under 10M a year cheapest vet contract in the NFL?

this deal makes him easier to move.

That too! I do wanna see how he does under new coaching 1st tho.

Programming Alert: Rodack is going to be on Sirius to talk Buffalo.

He's not a fan of the Tyrod deal but both Ross Tucker and, well, whoever else is hosting thing resigning Tyrod is a complete NO BRAINER!

Should be a fun conversation...

Rodak is a NE fan.

:sick:

Another chance to draft a QB gone to waste..."maybe next year." (Or they'll try to sell us on Pat Mahomes or Chad Kelly.)

Dude Pat Mahomes can be a big QB in the NFL. you should watch his tape. If hes there in the 2nd I would take him, has best arm talent in the draft by far.

MAJ BOOBY put me on to his tape. Maj is kinda a doosh when on his anti- tyrod crusade but he was on the money with Mahomes. We should take that shot.

another guy sure. it's about talent so whaley needs to keep nailing draft picks for him to be successful. need some secondary help and this defense could be good.

:beer:

cheers. Tyrods back and for a good price!

Gonna be a tough season but will be fun to watch risto!

Dude Pat Mahomes can be a big QB in the NFL. you should watch his tape. If hes there in the 2nd I would take him, has best arm talent in the draft by far.

MAJ BOOBY put me on to his tape. Maj is kinda a doosh when on his anti- tyrod crusade but he was on the money with Mahomes. We should take that shot.

While Pat has great physical talent, I don't want to waste a pick on an Air Raid QB.

While Pat has great physical talent, I don't want to waste a pick on an Air Raid QB.

Aaron Rodgers was one. Turned out to be really good. Not saying use a 1st on him but if he falls in the 2nd it mite be worth a look.

DB and WR are huge holes tho.