TYROD IS STAYING

Oh come on dude... it's the chicken or the egg argument at this point.

The Bills running game over the last 2 years was the best in the NFL. In 2016 the Bills had the opportunity going into week 17 to be one of only 2 teams in NFL history to average 5.5 YPC or better. The running game was an incredible strength and we had a defensive minded head coach who had come out publicly time and time again professing a "ground and pound" mentality and you're talking about it as though the Bills were forced to run the ball because they couldn't pass it.

Maybe they ran it because they were really freaking good at running it and a defensive minded head coach LOVES running the football.

And I don't expect that to change.

Yeah, there were times our passing game was a detriment, like the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals games. But then there were other times where our passing game was more than good enough, but the D just couldn't hold up at all, like in the first Jets game, the Seahawks, the Raiders, and the 2nd Phins game... even the 1st one, to a lesser extent.

Your assumption that we ran because we couldn't pass is just that: an assumption.

We had the 2nd best run game in the league 2013, averaged 144 yards a game. I'm assuming you're not going to credit Manuel/Tuel/Lewis for it?

When you have no pass game, you run.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, agree.

Torrey Smith.

We had the 2nd best run game in the league 2013, averaged 144 yards a game. I'm assuming you're not going to credit Manuel/Tuel/Lewis for it?

That team wasn't top ten in scoring. Nor did they have the low turnover rate.

This is one post that Crusher didn't respond to. Throwing disinformation out there is nothing new for this poster.

Makes no sense. The Bills are a run oriented offense. this is what they are built to do and they scored the most rushing TDs in the NFL. The defense was not even average.

I know its easy to expose hidden agendas, trolls, and flat out liars when pure fact is given and the responses are silent or childish in nature. Then its simple I stay away from posters like that.

And again, how can any Bills fan not realize that Rex Ryan was a strong defense, heavy running game and a QB as a good game manager was his plan. Two of those three worked. One did not and he was fired for it. Wake up .

I know its easy to expose hidden agendas, trolls, and flat out liars when pure fact is given and the responses are silent or childish in nature. Then its simple I stay away from posters like that.

They are back from the BBMB to infect these boards.

I don't understand what the issue is. What if the Bills draft a QB in the first 3 rounds? Does anyone really have a problem paying Tyrod $10 million AND eliminating the dead cap problem with the old contract? I mean seriously even if you don't like Tyrod you have to admit that is a more than fair contract for what he brings to the team. And it's not like some better option was coming along.

IMO the only reason anyone should be upset with the restructure is if you want the Bills to tank and rebuild. I don't agree with the strategy but at least it's reasonable.

Problem is people are still stuck in this Rex Ryan run first offense mentality, Tyrod Taylor is a run first quarterback. When he is challenged to be a quarterback he flops, we have all seen it and it's not worth debating anymore.

You need to be able to fling the rock at any given moment and properly run a 2 min offense which we are 1000% incapable of.

The money honestly mean jack squat to me, I'm not paying him his 7mill sign-on bonus.

It is, what it is...100% out of my control. I'm over it and will support this one more round. McD is taking a HUGE risk in his early career already.

Happy, I never said tank at all or care for that crap either. A new coaching staff grooming a unproven QB (maybe 2 of them) will get way more slack than what Pegula will give them now that TT took 7 mill from him in cash.. This is a all or nothing move for McD... If he doesn't turn this D around out goes another coaching staff.

How many coaching staffs have we ripped through due to not having a franchise QB? How many more will we go through?

Problem is people are still stuck in this Rex Ryan run first offense mentality, Tyrod Taylor is a run first quarterback. When he is challenged to be a quarterback he flops, we have all seen it and it's not worth debating anymore.

You need to be able to fling the rock at any given moment and properly run a 2 min offense which we are 1000% incapable of.

The money honestly mean jack squat to me, I'm not paying him his 7mill sign-on bonus.

It is, what it is...100% out of my control. I'm over it and will support this one more round. McD is taking a HUGE risk in his early career already.

Happy, I never said tank at all or care for that crap either. A new coaching staff grooming a unproven QB (maybe 2 of them) will get way more slack than what Pegula will give them now that TT took 7 mill from him in cash.. This is a all or nothing move for McD... If he doesn't turn this D around out goes another coaching staff.

How many coaching staffs have we ripped through due to not having a franchise QB? How many more will we go through?

This post reeks of terrible and misinformation. Wow.

And again, how can any Bills fan not realize that Rex Ryan was a strong defense, heavy running game and a QB as a good game manager was his plan. Two of those three worked. One did not and he was fired for it. Wake up .

They are back from the BBMB to infect these boards.

This must be tiring for you!

On offense we can run or we can pass. We were excellent at running the ball, less so passing. What would you do more of? With some actual NFL receivers, Tyrod's job would be easier. Stats say he actually did fairly well, if not prolific. I'll take top 10 in points. Points decide who wins the game. Tyrod was not the problem. Period. Is he a true Franchise QB? I'm all for continuing to search. The haters.....are just that.

Typical JM response when something does not fit his agenda.

Rex Ryan was fired because of the defense, not the offense.

Well, now THERE is what looks like an actual problem!

Not to the anti TT crowd. We would have had 10 wins if the defense was average.

Rex Ryan was fired because of the defense, not the offense.

Did Rex not bring over his ground and pound BS offense in a passing league? Is that not why he had such a hard on for TT to fit that system we will still be forced to run? Is is not true that TT cannot lead a 2 minute offense? Is TT a run first QB when his first read is covered?

Whatever man, we have danced the dance way to much in the past on this topic. You win....... Only advice, don't get so close sighted on one problem when we have many. Everyone and their mother knows our D sucked. We have plenty of other issues.

BTW... How is anything I said "misinformation" when it's 100% the truth. It just does not fit your agenda.

Did Rex not bring over his ground and pound BS offense in a passing league? Is that not why he had such a hard on for TT to fit that system we will still be forced to run? Is is not true that TT cannot lead a 2 minute offense? Is TT a run first QB when his first read is covered?

Whatever man, we have danced the dance way to much in the past on this topic. You win....... Only advice, don't get so close sighted on one problem when we have many. Everyone and their mother knows our D sucked. We have plenty of other issues.

BTW... How is anything I said "misinformation" when it's 100% the truth. It just does not fit your agenda.

We all win because he was the best option for 2017. I have news for you, this offense will not changed much with McDermott. He is a run oriented coach. That is why TT is here. he makes the running game go because defenses have to account for him. I saw a nice late drive against Miami. That should have been a game winning drive. he is capable of it. The D was the biggest problem. Your right we have other issues-getting a couple of good WRs in here and not have Watkins hurt again with scrubs playing. The Bills played games without their number one, number two and three WR. But your response-injuries happen. I'm not the one with the agenda here.

We all win because he was the best option for 2017. I have news for you, this offense will not changed much with McDermott. He is a run oriented coach. That is why TT is here. he makes the running game go because defenses have to account for him. I saw a nice late drive against Miami. That should have been a game winning drive. he is capable of it. The D was the biggest problem. Your right we have other issues-getting a couple of good WRs in here and not have Watkins hurt again with scrubs playing. The Bills played games without their number one, number two and three WR. But your response-injuries happen. I'm not the one with the agenda here.

We are running a completely different offense this year.

Edited by FireChan