Bills tender Groy and Gillislee, but not IK or Schmidt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you want me to talk that as well, Bills are Horrible at their cap management and give out way to many bad contracts

Well than now would be a great time to be good at cap management.

Not sure the "let's not try because we haven't been good in the past" thing works for me.

If he stays a Bill, that extra money will be like "free money" towards the cap.

I really like Gillislee, but don't think continuing to overpay people is the right plan.

I am actually really surprised that Gillislee wasn't tendered at least at the 2nd round level

I mean it really is just 1M more.

1st round - 3.91

2nd Round - 2.746M

Original - 1.797M.

So I think this was another mistake from the front office. He should have been tendered at the 2nd round tender for <1M more.

Not worth it

I thought groy played pretty damn well last season. I remember thinking that the OLine was going to completely fall apart after Wood's injury. He held his own.

Yeah. He was rough in the Seahawks game and that was heartbreaking to lose. But other than that he did a good job. Having a capable backup guard/center is worth the tender.

Tender level of Mike and releasing NRC

They get to match, but the structure could be as such they wont Match ALA Clay and Hogan was.

Good. The Bills do get another shot at him if another team decides he is worth more. Sounds like a fair strategy to me. Not sure why you are so upset

Being 2+ years younger than the oft-injured McCoy, and producing at almost the same level, Gillislee is far and away worth the extra $1M tender, regardless of HB draft class strength.

Yeah this seems like a profoundly stupid move on Whaley's part.

I recall watching him closely in TC and thinking he was awful. And maybe he just needed to be coached up. He played rather well at the end of the season.

I noted the same in camp. Pleasantly surprised. Not the best pass protector but passable there and for sure is a very good run blocker.

Schmidt was terrible last season. I don't know if my heart could take another 16 yard punt off the side of his foot.

He had some great punts too, but definitely a little inconsistent. If we can bring him back on the cheap I wouldn't hate it.