BBMB brief orientation...

SDS

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up. I've been a member here for a while, yet lost a bunch of bookmarks when 'upgrading' my PC, and never came back until yesterday. Tbh, I'm rather surprised I remembered my password. ;)

Good to see plenty of decent posters have made it over, hopefully a few more will do so eventually.

I'm utterly disgusted at the manner in which the MB was summarily shut down. While there might have been a lot of bitching and moaning about it, a simple days notice would have sufficed.

'Social Media' is a joke when it comes to trying to have a sensible discussion about, well, just about anything.

While it can certainly be argued that sensible discussions were becoming fewer and farther between, nonetheless, they still existed, and it's what any message board is all about.

It's very strange, but the notion of getting people to 'engage', just seems like a load of garbage. Killing the MB off like that, left me feeling totally disengaged.

Thanks for having us Scott! It's appreciated. This seems like a pretty great message board. I have lurked for a while, and had thought about signing up, but you know old habits die hard...

Glad to see some familiar faces over here, too.

Thanks again for having us.

The issue we probably have the most trouble with is "crusading". The bottom line here is that there isn't a single poster on this board that has the power to make any change with the team. And because of that, there is no reason to try and make every single person agree with you by bludgeoning everyone with the same opinion endlessly. Make your point once. Make it twice. Make it when appropriate. Just don't make the same point in every thread, every day, day after day. It just pisses people off.

I think this is one of the best rules here. it was a serious issue at the old site. great to see it wont be tolerated here.

The important people have shared the rules, and the curtious ones have welcomed you.

From Quint, youll only get exactly what you deserve. Rambling, often hurtful, mostly incoherent pot shots while Im high on PCP or drunk on the shrimp boat.

Looking forward to it! Welcome everyone!

Thank you Scott. It's good to see so many survivors over here.

I think this is one of the best rules here. it was a serious issue at the old site. great to see it wont be tolerated here.

Welcome my old friend! Good to see you here.

BBMB rest in piece

Even glad to see you my friend.

Tbd has become a second home for myself. Over the years my wife and I have made many close friends all over the country because of this site. As I said in another post, we may not always agree on everything but in the end we are all Bills fans.

Just remember to be good to others even if they don't see things your way.

Everyone has their idea what is right for the team but, in the long run we have zero input to what goes on.

During the season after the TBD opening tailgate party we post a TBD parking at Hammer's Lot thread. We do this for anyone that may becoming to a game that may not know anyone in the area and would like to tailgate with some of the TBD people. Gives you a friendly place to be together with others that you get to know through TBD.

We also do a 518 area code lunch get together in the capital District several times a year (Clifton Park - Saratoga area.) for members of TBD that like to talk Bills Football. Any of you new people in the area are more than welcome to join in.

We welcome all you newbies to a very special place that Scott has given us to talk Bills football.

A hearty Welcome to the Bills fan from a other board. I wonder if the shut down had anything to do with the realignment of the Bills PR dept.. Keep your eyes open on the tailgate board for the annual TBDAHOT (Two Bills Drive Annual Home Opener Tailgate) were TBD posters come together, eyeball to eyeball, drink to drink, grill to grill, and have a great time tailgating and talk a little bit about the Bills. This is a very friendly event. Last year the tailgate even got on a segment of a national food channel like program!! Edited by Hammered a Lot